Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 450 total)
  • Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

No more so than the same article yesterday mind.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Some nice shocks appearing on Ebay I see..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jake_smith46/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Was bound to happen I suppose.

sofaking
    Free Member

my bad for not reading every post on the previous 11 pages

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

My forks arrived today, no further emails since I purchased and the order still shows as pending on the account so don’t give up hope.

Riding rigid all winter so hopefully by the time I actually use them everything else will be sorted.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

sofaking – Member

my bad for not reading every post on the previous 11 pages[/quote]

New here? It’s your job to read the thread title, interpret it how so ever you wish, ignore every post, including the op and skip straight to the end before posting a near verbatim copy of a previous post.

It’s everyone else’s job to eye roll and point it out.

sofaking
    Free Member

New here? It’s your job to read the thread title, interpret it how so ever you wish, ignore every post, including the op and skip straight to the end before posting a near verbatim copy of a previous post.

It’s everyone else’s job to eye roll and point it out.

my humblest apologies. Only been here about 15 years or so, so still getting used to how things work 🙄

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Only been here about 15 years or so,

Not even made it half way through the brexit thread yet then? Keep going – page 8792 is a corker.

mehr
    Free Member

darrenspink – Member
    Some nice shocks appearing on Ebay I see..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jake_smith46/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Was bound to happen I suppose

There’s a few popping up on pinkbike as well, a nice quick £250+ profit

Daffy

Predictable, but they’re only worth what someone is willing to pay, let’s hope there’s no takers.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My X2 has arrived. Quick question, do the X2 shocks come in different tunes? I’d assumed that the range if adjustment on them was enough to cover all bases. Guess I now need to find out if DCHZ actually suits my frame.

chiefgrooveguru

Isn’t the X2 fully externally adjustable like a Cane Creek because it’s a twin tube damper?

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s my understanding and what the Mojo lady said on the phone.

I was asking if they’d do me some base settings like TF do, but she misunderstood and thought I was asking to have it re-valved or something.

milky1980
    Free Member

Have noticed that the Mojo website has had all reference to warranty and official distributor removed, quick work! There’s also a message about unfulfilled orders too.

Predictable, but they’re only worth what someone is willing to pay, let’s hope there’s no takers.

What’s the general rule on secondhand purchases? 50% of RRP minus a bit per year? So all those people hawking the stuff for a quick profit may be out of luck, especially as they’ll have no warranty. I know I got a stupidly good deal on my new Transfer post but it’ll be going on my bike, no way could I sell it on and profit out of others misfortunes.

spectraken
    Free Member

My Transfer post arrived today! Hooray I thought, then I was looking for the lever and couldn’t find it. Just realised it was the post only and the lever had to be ordered separately. Whoops 🙁

MSP

Which means you can get the superior wolf tooth components lever.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers Chakaping, seems sensible that one shock fits all.

singlespeedstu

This is a reply to a question about warantying a creaky CSU on my Geometron’s fork.
    So seems to me that I can give my fork back to Mojo and they’ll sort it with the new distro.
    Just the same as my LBS has done in the past with bikes I’ve bought from them that have had a creaky CSU.

Hi Stu, thanks for the kind words please note that GeoMetron Bikes Ltd is a completely separate company to Mojo Suspension Hoodoo Ltd and has no business links with Fox Factory inc.
    It’s very much business as usual here! We aren’t going anywhere well apart from strength to strength!

The new Fox distributor will be announced shortly and they will cover all Fox warranties going forward! Don’t panic it will all be back to normal very soon.

P.S. please re-assure friends or get them to call me if they have any concerns.
    Cheers
    Paul Shepherd,
    GeoMetron Bikes Ltd, 2 RBF Business Centre,
    Pontymister Ind Est, Risca, Newport, NP11 6NP

Onzadog
    Free Member

Guess the same applies to all the stuff that’s just been bought from Mojo as well then which I’d assumed would be the case.

tpbiker
    Free Member

My transfer arrived today.. Luckily as I had managed to sell my old dropper within 10 min of advertising it.. Perhaps should have waited delivery first but all good in the end..

Had looked at forks but 500 quid is a bit steep for me given I can’t tell the difference between one damper and the next .. Even if they are heavily reduced

Awaiting an influx of 160 mm forks on the classifieds at bargain prices now everyone has upgraded..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What’s the general rule on secondhand purchases? 50% of RRP minus a bit per year? So all those people hawking the stuff for a quick profit may be out of luck, especially as they’ll have no warranty. I know I got a stupidly good deal on my new Transfer post but it’ll be going on my bike, no way could I sell it on and profit out of others misfortunes

There is no general rule, all depends what people are prepared to pay. The 50% is off spouted, but nonsense.

Daffy

If anyone ended up with some Plus forks or 29er 140s and is looking to send back, I’d be interested.

chestrockwell

My 150mm transfer arrived this aft with the lever box taped on top. Happy boy! Will replace my old Command that’s not internal.

Selling on at a profit is a bit of a dicks trick but not unexpected.

daern
    Free Member

Transfer fitted. Yey!

I’ve done a few Reverbs, but this is my first Transfer. I know that people say that cable operated droppers are simpler to install and maintain than hydraulically actuated ones…but they are wrong. Quite wrong. I’d have had a Reverb done in half the time, including a re-bleed.

The Transfer is a right fiddle to fit as you need to keep taking the post out every time you disturb the cable so you can be 100% certain that the ferule is back in its spot on the bottom of the post. OK, so I could have accepted a cable length that was “about right”, but that’s not my way, so it ended up being more of a faff than I expected. Oh, and the single fastener for the 2x lever is completely blocked by the pipe carrying the cable so it’s a pain to tighten up cleanly. Prrft.

Now it’s on, it’s great though, so overall I’m chuffed 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

I’ve done a few Reverbs, but this is my first Transfer.

Your second one will be easy now you’ve worked out the trick 🙂
    The ferrule can’t come out of the lever (@post base) but the outer cable end can come unseated.. all you need is to retain cable tension and you’re done. Set your outer length first, then with the lever removed from the bars, clamp the cable in the lever body with grub screw and once done, you can pull the outer through its stealth routing to get the lever mounted to the bars.
    Simpler and bettered than hydraulic bleeds

walleater

Oh, and the single fastener for the 2x lever is completely blocked by the pipe carrying the cable so it’s a pain to tighten up cleanly. Prrft.

Yeah that bit is pretty stupid. They could easily have had the bolt coming in from underneath the bar rather than having the pipe in the way.

daern
    Free Member

Your second one will be easy now you’ve worked out the trick

The challenge is that you can’t cut the outer with the inner in, but you can’t route the outer without the inner, as it keeps the outer secured to the post. This means there’s a lot of “in and out” as you set the cable length. Yes, once secured to the lever it all stays put, but as this is literally the last thing you do, it’s quite easy for it all to come adrift while positioning everything.

Anyway, I’m sure it’ll be easier next time, which is a good job as I have another to fit at the weekend 🙂

daver27
    Free Member

no shock for me. boo hiss.

oh well. 😆

honourablegeorge

BearBack – Member

Simpler and bettered than hydraulic bleeds

I’d sooner install a reverb every time, much as I like my Transfer

daern
    Free Member

I’d sooner install a reverb every time, much as I like my Transfer

Oh, one other thing was that the Transfer seems much, much more sensitive to seatpost clamp torque than Reverbs that I’ve had in the past. I can remember cranking that clamp up to 11 without any problems (yes, yes, I know you’re not meant to do it!) but last night I found that even a relatively light application of torque (say 6nm) was enough to cause the Transfer to start binding.

A bit of carbon paste and some careful tightening got me to a very secure seatpost that runs nice and freely, but I don’t remember ever seeing this before. I assume it’s because the walls are thin for weight saving, but I’ll be keeping an eye on this you can be sure…

iainc

^^^ Transfer in my Anthem and clamp is at 8NM, no issues. I agree re the lever though, I swopped mine to a 1x Wolftooth light action and it is miles better.

BearBack
    Free Member

The challenge is that you can’t cut the outer with the inner in, but you can’t route the outer without the inner, as it keeps the outer secured to the post.

Absolutely true, that’s the trick…. what I’m trying to explain is:
    – install your post with no cables attached to establish your insert depth (I did mine by referencing bb to saddle rail distance off my old bike for my new build)
    – Then remove the post.
    – Then run your outer through your frame out the seat tube and into the lever correctly positioned at the bar.
    – Measure from your post insert depth position to the post couter cable stop.
    – Measure how much outer cable sticks out of the seat tube.
    – Add those two measurements together
    – remove lever from the bar
    – push cable up out of the seat tube till you can reach the point your measurements say to cut the outer.
    – Install inner cable to pivot and then into lever ta bottom of post
    – Thread inner down through outer and seat the outer into the post base.
    – take your lever and insert inner/seat outer and secure with grub screw ensuring outer is seated both ends and inner is slack free.
    – apply carbon assembly/”torque reduction” paste
    – insert seat post into seat tube whilst keeping tension feed on cable (you can pull on the outer now as everything is tight
    – when at insert depth, secure lever to bars, tighten seat clamp
    done.

daern
    Free Member

Thanks very much!

The next one I have to do is an external one, however, so that should be much easier. Not least because the person it’s for is very borderline on height (she’s only little!) and the post will be set to its lowest possible position on the frame which should (all being well) be the absolutely right height for her! I reckon it’ll take half the time 😉

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Anyone after a Transfer, 30.9 external routed, 100mm drop?

one arrived today but it’s 350mm in length and I need longer. Email in profile if interested otherwise I’ll send it back for a refund.

Cheers

JackHammer

Don’t suppose anyone bought a 31.6mm x 150mm post with internal routing in error? I have an externally routed one to trade. Misleading pics and an itchy buying finger. Mine’s the all black one.

milky1980
    Free Member

I bought one but not in error 🙂

It is right on the limit in terms of seat post down the frame (bent seat tube) by my calculations so if it doesn’t fit I’ll move it on. Probably fit it sometime this week, which is very unlike me. Usually can’t wait to fit anything once I have my hands on it.

brian2510
    Free Member

Milky1980 if you decide to sell it on. I would be interested. Email in profile. Cheers Brian

mc
    Free Member

Lot’s of speculation in this thread.

I wonder if Fox will be moving all their brands to the one distributor?

honourablegeorge

That makes some sense… Raceface, Easton and Marzocchi all under one roof with Fox.

Could mean a couple more distributors will lose big brands

chakaping
    Free Member

Where are you based JackHammer?

Chainline
    Free Member

flipside is if they elect to enforce exclusivity, which is normal, then some brands may have to move to make way….

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox’ is closed to new replies.