Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 450 total)
  • Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Felt a little like a vulture picking the remains off a wounded beast, but couldn’t resist a new dropper at that price..

leeerm
    Free Member

Must resist step cast Float 32.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Santa Cruz bikes come as complete kits from SC US or do Jungle/the dealers source the forks in the UK? Just wondering if there will be yet more delays to my new bike?

tomhoward

Complete kits I think. Mine did, but hat was a couple of years ago. Pivot I got at the beginning of the year did too mind

chakaping
    Free Member

Santa Cruz bikes come as complete kits from SC US

Almost certainly this

slowbloke
    Free Member

Thanks tomhoward – good to know. I’ve been waiting over 3 months already….

**EDIT** And chakaping

DezB
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Float 34 29ers can be lowered from 140 to 120mm?
    This – anyone?

No, you’ll just have to buy the Factory ones 😉

km79
    Free Member

I always miss the boat with these things 🙁

Daffy

Me too – really wanted some 140mm forks and had them in my basket, but wouldn’t let me complete checkout.

the-muffin-man

Phew – glad they haven’t got any 26″, QR, 1 1/8th steerer, 100mm forks in stock! 😀

Daffy

You might be able to get a deal on some 2012/13 fork crown/kashima stanchions if you call them.

Wookster

Blimey, that’s really a surprise. Mojo are Fox in the U.K. It will be intresting to see where this goes from here. Mojo are a great company to deal with and I think Fox owe a lot to them for maintaining their profile in the U.K.

I wonder if Mojo will pick up a new brand or what?

I guess we will see some Geometrons with Rockshox in the near future!

slickandslide
    Free Member

I think this might have been in the planning for a while, we had no DPX2’s in the UK and long lead-times on other 2018 forks and shocks.

samuelr
    Free Member

I have a noisy float x evol that might need a warranty job. Who do I send it to now?

Northwind

edd – Member

That’s a bit of a shock. I hope that Mojo stays aFloat. Presumably Fox will Transfer to a new distributor.

Not a bad try Edd

(Try Edd sounds like Triad, it’s very witty. HTH)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Best of luck to all at Mojo and hopefully no job losses.They have always been brilliant to work with.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Mojo took a deposit from me for a 2018 fork, I was told it was delayed because there were factory issues. So either they were lying, or Mojo has thrown a hissyfit with Fox and there has been a falling out.

fergal
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be suprised if this is something to do with the weak pound, imports are more expensive, the classic build a war chest before announcing liquidation, fair play to the CEO.

windydave13
    Free Member

Looks like either pretty much everything has sold or they’ve taken the bulk of the stock offline

edd

Best of luck to all at Mojo and hopefully no job losses.

+1

bigbloke
    Free Member

Looks like the shop is down now

nickhit3
    Free Member

It’ll be back up in a second…

RickDraper
    Free Member

Looks like either pretty much everything has sold or they’ve taken the bulk of the stock offline

If you search on the mojo site you can still find everything!

daviek

It’ll be back up in a second…

😀

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Mojo have always been very easy to deal with & very knowledgeable too.

The speed at which this happened & the dumping of stock quite so dramatically does not bode well for a happy ending – for neither Mojo nor its customers.

I hope I am proved wrong..

mark90
    Free Member

The speed at which this happened

Mojo pulled the usual Fox 36 sponsored prize at the WGES before Eastridge, so looks like something was in the offing then.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well thats **** lovely of Mojo to take my money then for a backorder.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Is it all gone then? Nowt on the website.

egb81
    Free Member

Balls, I was umming and ahing over buying some forks from them.

legend
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Well thats **** lovely of Mojo to take my money then for a backorder

Time for a call in the morning

chakaping
    Free Member

They may well have been hoping to get things back on track with Fox at that point.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

They were on the phones at 4.30 this afternoon (I called and grabbed an X2 with a mod from 50 to 57 – it was theoretically the last one). I’ll see what turns up in the post.

I do feel guilty scavenging on their remains, but then they have made the offer rather than me force them into a deal. It means I can cancel my upcoming service plans and resell my current shock for no overall loss, should essentially be a free service.

unsponsored
    Free Member

mmmm have had a set of 34 uppers on back order since May. What now?

milky1980
    Free Member

I was just about to go for a ride at Cwmcarn and call in to Mojo to see about retuning my DRCV shock on the small bike when this thread started and I posted earlier.

Called in on my way to Cwmcarn anyway and had a good chat with them about the whole situation. They didn’t give out any details but from the way they were talking and by their body language, this is my take on the situation:

Basically it’s happened quickly. They feared the end was coming (I think someone mentioned it was in the last week or two) but they had made no announcement as they thought they had time to fulfil current orders and get an alternative business going – servicing all makes etc. They do not have any knowledge of where Fox is going for the new distributor but there will be one, the UK is not being abandoned and warranty work will still be able to be completed by someone. All they would say is that things have moved a lot faster than they knew/thought they would so they are all very down at the moment. The whole workshop was very subdued and quiet, totally unlike every other time I have been there where it’s usually busy with service work and people having a banter. The only thing that was hectic today was the phone, it was ringing the second they put it down.

I really feel for them as it feels like they’ve been shafted by someone. The fact they are selling off everything at cost suggests they are in need of freeing up cashflow to help them get re-established without Fox quickly. Either that or Fox have peeved them off so badly that they are happy to dump a load of stock on the market and kill any sales for the next few months. I did feel slightly like a vulture when I walked out with a Transfer post and 1x lever for £200 but they said they were happy to see people getting bargains so it does suggest the split isn’t an amicable one.

I really hope Mojo don’t disappear as I’ve always had good service from them. Add in that Chris Porter started the business from nothing, deliberately put it in a deprived area then employed local kids and trained them up and you have to feel sorry for them right now. I just hope that the situation can be turned around, preferably with them becoming the Welsh version of TFTuned. Don’t forget that they are involved with the Fox Demo and servicing at BPW and they sponsor CwmDown uplift so it’s not just the direct jobs at Mojo that this could affect.

Personally I think Fox are silly to drop Mojo, Mojo=Fox in the eyes of the UK scene so throwing away that 20 year association for MTB as well as the motorised side is a bit short-sighted. Good luck to the staff getting through this, not what you want at any time, let alone heading towards christmas. If Mojo emerges out the other side as a pure service centre I’ll be putting business their way.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers for the update milky1980, very interesting.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did wonder if we might see some custom shocks and eventually forks from them.

It does seem odd that such a long standing patnership has gone sour so quickly. I do hope that Mojo weather the storm though.

Andy

Hope everyone at Mojo is ok and they find their feet again 🙁

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If that is the case Milky, Fox appear to have lost the plot…. I dont buy RS partly because their distributor is terrible. Ive heard there has been cost cutting going on at Fox to, with even more of the business being moved to Asia.

singlespeedstu

That’s a real shame for the Mojo lads.
    Hope they manage to work something out and no one ends up without a job. 😥
    They really do know their stuff and have been great to deal with.
    I was in there last week and though it was a little subdued but Paul just said they were slowing down a little after the summer rush.

Northwind

Pretty interesting though that even with these big discounts the transfer is still pretty much the same price as a 170mm reverb always is. Don’t get me wrong, i want a kashima dropper to match my 36s 😆 But I have no idea how they sold a single one at full price.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox’ is closed to new replies.