Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 450 total)
  • Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox
  • stevied
    Free Member

Will Rockshox shock hardware kit fit a Fox X2?

vinnyeh

why are Mojo selling the forks and shocks off cheap?
    I can’t see they they need to do that

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not really, Fox always try to position themselves above RS in terms of being a more ‘premium’ product

They will but they will also be trying to trim margins and make sure they don’t miss sales.
    Though the real point is people want stuff cheaper, and hunt all around for it, manufacturers are looking for ways to deliver and hold market share.

bigwheels2
    Free Member

I wonder if Windwave (Marzocchi) might end up the new Fox people?

Gotama
    Free Member

That’s the bit that baffled me as well albeit I know nothing about retail agreements. You’d have thought they would just hold the current stock unless they a) can’t afford to or b) they’re not doing Fox at all, bar servicing, going forward. Must be something off as I can’t see Fox being delighted with them knocking 2018 stuff out at cost.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Must be something off as I can’t see Fox being delighted with them knocking 2018 stuff out at cost.

See my post at the top, do you think they give a toss?
    They have funds tied up in something, they need to liquidate that to get their cash back.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Could just be cashflow, they might need to buy in new stock for whoever they replace Fox with, tools for servicing other forks, etc.

Or it might be a plain and simple FU to Fox and the new distributor (or put other people off bidding to be the distributor), mop up all the potential sales for the next few months.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well there will be zero B2B sales when the new distributor gets in so I’d guess they carry decent inventory that just lost a huge market.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Or it’ll go to all Fox sales being through [fox in house probably] new distributor with no online sales and what mojo don’t sell now they know they can’t in x months.

Edit: that made more sense in my head. My guess though is it’ll go direct sales and OE only.

Gotama
    Free Member

They have funds tied up in something, they need to liquidate that to get their cash back

But they could do that and benefit by knocking Factory 34s out at 600 quid rather than 470. Which is why I wonder if it is more of a

Or it might be a plain and simple FU to Fox and the new distributor

given Chris Porter’s rep for ‘straight talking’. But then it could also be

new distributor with no online sales and what mojo don’t sell now they know they can’t in x months.

which is why they just want shot of the stock and instead of returning to the new distributor they’ve gone for point two above.

ads678

Does anyone know if Float 34 29ers can be lowered from 140 to 120mm?

vinnyeh

Singletrack now seem to have picked up on this story.
    Proof that somebody there reads the forums. 🙂

been quite a few times lately that there’s been an item of interest/PSA on the forums that some bod has recycled to put a headline on the front page. Nice to see that the rabble on here are useful fro more than just adclicks 😆

Gotama
    Free Member

yes but you need a new air shaft which I am sure you could get from the likes of TF Tuned.

wwaswas

Well, these will take a 4″ tyre so it would have been rude not to: https://www.mojo-store.co.uk/275-c102x3270595

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

returning to the new distributor

Zero knowledge but I do wonder if at their point in the chain it’s more an auto industry type model where they commit to sell x number up front and they have no real option to return them, what stock they have is their problem.

That said (as mentioned) given Chris porter’s rep, I’d be unsurprised to discover this largely came about out of a “we need more market share, you can’t sell them at that [high] price, reduce your margin” conversation with fox and is as much a screw you…

…Only one way to find out, someone order a geometron and see if they’re still specifying fox.

nach
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member
    Singletrack now seem to have picked up on this story.
    Proof that somebody there reads the forums.

It was Barney who tipped me off to this thread, and I’ve given appropriate credit to Earl now 😀

We’re trying to find out more directly from Mojo.

jonnym92

Cheers for that just bought myself a Transfer dropper and lever.
    Shame about them, always had good service.
    If they sold a dhx2 coil in 216×63 I would be in trouble..

tomhoward

Well, try as I might, they have nothing I want that will fit my bikes 🙁

jabbi
    Free Member

I wonder if Silverfish will lose Raceface/Easton, Windwave lose Marzocchi. Then Fox set up their own distribution for all their brands? Or has Chris Porter ruined it for himself? He does come across as highly opinionated, maybe he’s rubbed someone up the wrong way?

DezB
    Free Member

What do all the little bits of the fork name mean!?

year..sz. ?…travel…??.. colour…. hub ??
    2018 34 A 140 Grip Blk .. 15QRx100 1.5T

Specifically Grip… 1.5 taper is 1.5T (thought that too obvious!)

fifeandy
    Free Member

My XC bike was just telling me the other day that what it really needed was a bright orange step cast fork.
    I told it to keep dreaming cos it was too expensive, but now I seem to have lost my excuse.

moonsaballoon

tempted with a dropper post but where does all this leave warranty’s ?

chestrockwell

Couldn’t resist a transfer post and 1x at that price!

Hope mojo are ok.

Tempted to return for some forks I can’t afford!

wwaswas

Specifically Grip and 1.5T

Grip is the damper tune – ‘less good than Fit4’ but not sure what that means in practive

1.5T – 1.5″ tapered – the steerer.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers. Got it 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

X2 for £246.. 😀

daern
    Free Member

Damn, no factory transfer posts left 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Oh dear, half price Fox 34s. Happy Christmas to me.

logan1989
    Free Member

X2 for £246..

and it isn’t the right size for my bike 🙁

jonnym92

Why aren’t there no 216×63 shocks? 🙁

dumbbot
    Free Member

Sort of glad they dont have anything of 140mm/27.5in flavour left, or i’d have done something stupid.

Anyway i’ve only ever had excellent service from mojo, including carrying out work free of charge when they were under no obligation to do so. Hope they’re doing ok.

Clink

Does anyone know if Float 34 29ers can be lowered from 140 to 120mm?

This – anyone?

daern
    Free Member

Yes, they can very easily. Have done this on 32s.

Gotama
    Free Member

This – anyone?

Pretty sure I answered it when originally asked! Yes, but you need a new airshaft.

chakaping
    Free Member

Damn, no factory transfer posts left

IIRC it’s literally only the shaft coating that’s different on the performance model.

daern
    Free Member

IIRC it’s literally only the shaft coating that’s different on the performance model.

Thanks – gone for the performance version.

otsdr
    Free Member

only the shaft coating that’s different on the performance model

Probably in the lineup only to match the fork stanchions / shocks.

downhillfast
    Free Member

Mister P –
    Who is Warren Tee

Uncle of Warren G.

legend
    Free Member

Thanks – gone for the performance version.

black looks better anyway

MartynS

this is interesting..

I’ve blown the damping in my rear fox float and was on the hunt for a new replacement. Yesterday Mojo’s website was showing nothing available, TF tuned was showing as available to order. Spoke to TF this morning who said there seemed to be at least a 6 week delay for the 2018 stuff coming in. Good luck to those at Mojo. I hope there’s no job losses…..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox’ is closed to new replies.