Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 450 total)
  • Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox
  • honourablegeorge

That mean I’m guessing along the right lines, CL?

JackHammer

@chapaking Cardiff, but I’ll be headed down to Brighton at the end of the month.

chakaping
    Free Member

@chapaking Cardiff, but I’ll be headed down to Brighton at the end of the month.

I’m in NW England.

Just mulling over whether to keep my Transfer or not. I don’t know for sure it’ll fit my frame anyway, awaiting feedback from manufacturer on max insert length.

jonnym92

Don’t suppose anyone bought a 31.6mm x 150mm post with internal routing in error? I have an externally routed one to trade. Misleading pics and an itchy buying finger. Mine’s the all black one.

Probably be interested in this if you decide to just sell.
    Cheers.

SirHC
    plus-one

No one guessed silverfish !!

Chainline
    Free Member

Some of us might have…

lawman91

Of the few theories I’d seen and/or thought of, it was one I could see the logic behind but was surprised it’s happened. Silverfish already distribute Raceface/Easton and with Fox owning both brands I guess it’s an easier move for them to take Fox than Mojo take Raceface/Easton. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Marzocchi go from Windwave to silverfish either now, maybe with DVO and Formula falling by the way side.

zelak999
    Free Member

I can understand the distribution being given to Silverfish but i would of thought that there will be an awful lot of warranty work associated with the products.
    I guess Silverfish will be building up a team of service engineers in order to carry this out.
    It would be nice to think they will employ some of the Mojo staff in order to provide these experienced guys with jobs.

legend
    Free Member

I guess Silverfish will be building up a team of service engineers in order to carry this out.

Or they’ll just be sending it straight to Fox Europe

Rorschach
    Free Member

It would be nice to think they will employ some of the Mojo

I’m not sure shock technician wages will be up to the living costs of Cornwall.

chrismac

It will be interesting to see how they deal with warranties, ie develop in house expertise or just sendd it back to Fox.

I do wonder what drove the change, money? Do can silverfish offer something Mojo couldnt/didnt want to? To my mind it seems a lot of change and upheval for Fox to go through so presumably they think there is enough in the new arrangement to make it worthwhile

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m not sure shock technician wages will be up to the living costs of Cornwall.

Silverfish are based in Saltash which is right on the border with Plymouth.
    Both Saltash and Plymouth both have some grotty areas with cheap rentals!

wwaswas

“How will people live on what I’m prepared to pay for a fork service?”

“Don’t worry mate there’s a shanty town lined up for them to live in and a food bank down the road so prices won’t rise.”

scotroutes

Brands move between distributors on a regular basis, it’s no big deal.

Daffy

It would be nice to think they will employ some of the Mojo staff in order to provide these experienced guys with jobs

or they’ll simply subcontract the work to Mojo or TFT?

plecostomus
    Free Member

Spoke to silverfish this morning about several customer warranty issues ( I work in the trade) they said that they will have full set up ready for 1st November with regard to warranty. I asked if they will be doing in House rebuilds and servicing or a third party company. The response was unknown as they haven’t got facilities to do that yet and I have to Phone back in. A few days!

honourablegeorge

Good luck having staff and a workshop in place in two weeks. Sounds like it’ll be a third party.

neilforrow

http://www.mountainbikesuspension-rsf.co.uk/

is a local based firm that could help at the very least…

thomthumb
    Free Member

Sounds like it’ll be a third party.

there’s this place in wales with capacity…

cokie

Only heard good things about RSF. I’ve sent them a Reverb and quoted a 4 day turnaround, inc. postage! As above, based in Plymouth and work with LBS’s all over the country, so this may well be the plan, at least temporarily.

scotroutes

There’s this thing called the internet that lets companies base folk in a location and yet manage them from somewhere different. I believe there are also companies that can deliver and pick up goods anywhere in the UK.

jonnym92

Well the transfer dropper I picked up last week has started scoring on the stanchion.
    Phoned Mojo, who to be fair were very helpful but, basically said they couldn’t do anything. I should contact Silverfish on the 1st Nov and have it out with them.
    It was mentioned that Fox aren’t providing parts at all to Mojo at the moment, so they couldn’t do anything even if they wanted to. I think ‘dire straits’ was a quote..

I’m not sure what to do, do I ride the post and hope it doesn’t get any worse till I can contact Silverfish? Not sure I can manage two weeks on a fixed post!

legend
    Free Member

Probably worth a chat with Silverfish, get their take (as they could say return to vendor) and go from there. Worst case is back to Mojo for a refund

jonnym92

Would do but cannot get through to them! Dropped an email with photos to both Mojo and Silverfish so hopefully that covers me to confirm it’s failing within a week of ownership somewhat.
    Bit of a shame, doesn’t give me confidence in the Fox brand. You would have thought there would have been some sort of handover with minimal downtime in between. Would be very disappointed if I had a set of expensive forks/shock needing warranty work.

Edit: Silverfish responded and basically said they can’t discuss anything until 1st November and they are still getting procedures in place for things like this.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Well the transfer dropper I picked up last week has started scoring on the stanchion.
    Phoned Mojo, who to be fair were very helpful but, basically said they couldn’t do anything. I should contact Silverfish on the 1st Nov and have it out with them.
    It was mentioned that Fox aren’t providing parts at all to Mojo at the moment, so they couldn’t do anything even if they wanted to. I think ‘dire straits’ was a quote..

Your between a rock and a hard place on this one. Technically Mojo as the retailer are legally obliged to help and if they can’t get it fixed then you could demand a refund. The current situation with the distributor you could argue has no impact on your legal rights and there is no reason it should impact your confidence in Fox as it is the retailer, and not Fox, with the responsibility here.

However it’s probably fair to say that when you pick something up in a “fire sale” of sorts then things aren’t always that straightforward, hence why you got it mega cheap, so legally you could exercise your rights, morally do you really want to start laying the boot into a business who have told you they are already in “dire straights”?

jonnym92

Oh no, I’m not about to go into legal action on this. Just wanted to know where I stand. Was worried I’d be fobbed off with ‘that’s just wear and tear’.
    Hopefully get things resolved when Silverfish are up and running.
    I’ll have to make do with a fixed post for a few weeks.
    You would hope a changeover like this would have been better planned though.

wwaswas

do you really want to start laying the boot into a business who have told you they are already in “dire straights”

or potentially end up with a post you have to pay Silverfish to sort out?

I contacted Mojo a couple of days ago, received a reply and ordered something from them today but I have no faith they’ll be there beyond the next few weeks.

As far as I can see their whole business was Fox (Geometron was a separate legal entity) and with that gone, no ongoing relationship for them to be able to continue service operations etc they’re stuffed, even in the relatively short term with maybe enough money from the sale to pay redundancies.

wwaswas

I read that the entire Mojo service centre will now be taken over by Silverfish with the majority of staff transferring.

I hope this is true.

dlocki
    Free Member

If you look on silverfish’s website under warranty it says the products must be returned to the shop for inspection then returned by them.

im pretty sure you cant just return stuff like you did with mojo?

bigjim

Not sure I can manage two weeks on a fixed post!

tough life eh

zilog6128

I’m sure it’s been covered in the thread but to avoid having to wade through it all, anyone know if Mojo are still servicing Fox Dyad pull shocks? (as they were the only ones who would do it before!)

legend
    Free Member

They aren’t really servicing anything at the moment Edit: actually i’m making an assumption there, I suppose if they have the parts they need then they might be

zilog6128

ta, thought that might be the case (website not updated to reflect that yet though!)

longmover
    Free Member

Zilog – RSF in Plymouth will do DYADs

singlespeedstu

legend – Member
    They aren’t really servicing anything at the moment

But they will be.
    🙂

zilog6128

Zilog – RSF in Plymouth will do DYADs

nice one, ta!

legend
    Free Member

But they will be.

Will be interesting to see how that works out. Previously they were expensive and able to buy parts direct, now they’ll have to buy from Silverfish so either get more expensive or cut margins

MartynS

Thought id put this here…

whatever you do don’t break any fox products at the moment…!

I’ve got a Fox float CTD at TFtuned because the damper shaft has broken. TF don’t have that in as a spare now and with Silverfish still not up and running I’m told there’s no way to get spares yet.

TF have been brilliant, they have contacted the German distributor to see if they can source the part through them, but no reply (as of a few hours ago)

I’m lucky as I don’t need the shock back in a rush, but I think its fair to say getting Fox spare parts in the UK is seemingly impossible at the moment.
    (well if they’re not already on the shelf of your favourite service provider)

If anyone knows of a source of spares.. please shout up!!

Speeder

Did Mojo put all their spares in a skip? Surely they didn’t sell all the parts off?

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox’ is closed to new replies.