Home Forums Chat Forum Metal Monday.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 392 total)
  • Metal Monday.
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

bigblackshed

I’m off to see Karnivool in Birmingham on Friday. Can’t wait.

* I may have posted this before.

Bit of a classic.

Then this, new fave listen.

Breaking the rules for this.

A great band and great vocalist gone far too soon. Chills hearing his voice on new material.

bigblackshed

Having seen Karnivool last Friday and being absolutely blown away, have some of this.

The mosh pit was absolutely mental. I’m 30 years too old to be in a mosh pit, it certainly brought back memories of being young and stupid.

flyingpotatoes

Went to see Gojira last night supported by Alien Weaponry. Both were excellent.

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate is working in Columbia and is into his metal, sent me this ditty

No video I’m afraid, just a banger.

v7fmp

just got tickets to see Trivium later this year, i’m looking forward to it!

twotonpredator

Anyone for Native American black metal?

thepodge
    Free Member

Best enjoyed through your biggest speakers at a volume that liquifies internal organs

mutley

beej

New music from Extreme. The solo looks speeded up, inhuman playing.

tomparkin

It’s metal! And it’s Monday! And I remembered both those things, and both those things in conjunction.

Anyway. I saw Boss Keloid on Saturday in Manchester and they were excellent. So here they are live in 2019 at Bloodstock doing “Lung Mountain”:

tomparkin

Well, this is a bit sad. Whither Metal Monday? Is it to fade from our collective enthusiasm unremarked? Is Monday too simply too early in the week to be truly Metal enough for popular celebration?

I think any day is good for Metal.

So for one last crack of the whip (assuming everyone else is bored with either Metal or Monday), I’m posting this. It’s *technically* one song (albeit an hour long song). And it’ll be a grand epitaph for the thread if it comes to that.

But I’m mostly posting it because I spent Friday alternating between listening to the band-sanctified edit/mix, and the version put out under duress by the record company who had frankly no idea what to do with it otherwise. Or to put it another way, this week I ‘ave been mildly obsessed with this record.

Yes! It’s Sleep’s Dopesmoker:

Enter the weedian Nazareth, etc.

thepodge
    Free Member

Despite owning both Dopesmoker & Jerusalem, I’ve never made it all the way through in one sitting and actually think both are a bit too long.

tetrode

tomparkin

Despite owning both Dopesmoker & Jerusalem, I’ve never made it all the way through in one sitting and actually think both are a bit too long.

To each their own I guess 🙂

I do find it quite immersive for work purposes. Put Dopesmoker on; zone out for an hour or so; resurface having completed a bunch of stuff*; realise an hour has passed; rinse; repeat.

* sometimes find I’ve just typed DDDEEEYYYRRROOOOP!!!! OUT! OF! LIFE! WITH BONG! IN! HAAAAAAAANDDDD!!! a few thousand times into a new text file, depends.

kennyp
    Free Member

Went to see W.A.S.P. in Glasgow last week. Bit of a short set but a brilliant performance.

mutley

A new tune from that nice Mr Massaad

CountZero

I was tempted to put the video I shot at Pixies Monday night gig at The Roundhouse, they played ‘Monkey Gone To Heaven’ and sequed into ‘Human Crime’, and most of the centre of the audience turned into a giant mosh pit – I was crushed against the barrier, and I’m surprised I didn’t get cracked ribs!

Still, they’re not really a metal band, so I’ll find something else.

twotonpredator

twotonpredator

WillH

I’ve been quite enjoying a bit of Swedish death metal lately:

tomparkin

I was tempted to put the video I shot at Pixies Monday night gig at The Roundhouse, they played ‘Monkey Gone To Heaven’ and sequed into ‘Human Crime’, and most of the centre of the audience turned into a giant mosh pit – I was crushed against the barrier, and I’m surprised I didn’t get cracked ribs!

CZ, you tease 😀

I shall be requiring you to post this next week, please and thankyou.

kimbers

This film on Prime is brilliant

twotonpredator

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

mutley

thepodge
    Free Member

A day late but I’ve not known what day it is for a while now.

twotonpredator

CountZero

I keep thinking it’s Wednesday…☹️

I shall be requiring you to post this next week, please and thankyou.

I don’t have a YouTube account, and I’m not sure if I really want one, tbh. I rarely shoot videos, it’s too intrusive for other people, unless I’m sat down or able to hold my phone against a crowd barrier. I have thought about doing it for years, but I can’t make up my mind.

Oh well, a day late, what’s a day between friends:

tetrode

Every Time I Die and Dillinger Escape Plan supergroup!

v7fmp

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, thats good!

Very ‘Calculating Infinity’.

Yeah, it’s not Monday but in celebration of these guys being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, a banger of a tune.

Creg
    Free Member

I know it’s not Monday but this cropped up on Youtube and I haven’t heard it in ages so thought I would share. Female led Taiwanese metal.

twotonpredator

New release. Breakdowntastic.

kimbers

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard arent normally that metal

but damn their new song kicks arse

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.