Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 362 total)
  • Metal Monday.
  • beagle
    Free Member

Sorry it’s Tuesday. Meant to post last night for Halloween. Newb to this thread so some back reading/listening to do!

thepodge
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of the band but got to wear my Skeletonwitch shirt yesterday “for Halloween”

tomparkin

Damn. I missed Monday too.

I appreciate it’s Against The Rules to post to Metal Monday on a non-Monday day, but I think in this case the flagrant breaking of the rules sits better with me than missing out on Metal Monday for the week.

So Metal Monday + 1, from DVNE this week for me:

I’ve seen them live twice now, both times they’ve basically played their second album in its entirety, opening with this. It’s absolutely badass live in person.

thepodge
    Free Member

Former bandmates, label mates & all-round good eggs.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

And as I missed last week

barney
    Free Member

Saw these chaps last week at a gig in Bristol. *Utterly* fantastic… very much looking forward to the new album.

jamesoz

More old stuff

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

tomparkin

Back in time for me too this week. And dreaming of the desert while I contemplate a dark, dank Lancashire November evening outside my window…

jonnyrobertson

Great set by these at Damnation at the weekend. I’m battered and bruised and may have bruised my coccyx. I have been reminded of my responsibilities by the Mrs…

CountZero

A demo rather than an actual track video, but worth watching for the blokes chops playing a guitar;

mutley

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

v7fmp

Going to see these crazy Germans on Thursday…

mutley

I know we have had Opeth but I saw them on Friday night with Voivod, both were excellent, and thought you might like 20 mins of Black Rose Immortal 👍

kennyp
    Free Member

My Metal Monday is seeing Saxon at the Barrowlands tonight. Can’t wait.

ali69er
    Free Member

I really couldn’t fathom Voivod, thought their singer was one of the worst performers I’d ever seen. What am I missing?

CountZero

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

kayak23

thepodge
    Free Member

I missed metal Monday so figured I’d give you topical Tuesday

mutley

@ali69er It was the first time I had seen them, been a fan for years. He wasn’t quite what I was expecting and took some getting used to, but did enjoy it.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

jamesoz

jamesoz

mutley

sharkattack

This will keep me busy for the rest of the week…

thequietus.com/articles/32422-best-heavy-metal-albums-2022

aide

jamesoz

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s actually a Monday for a change.

WildHunter2009

That’s new to me and definitely hit the spot on the train to work. Final push before finishing up on Tues calls for metal!

v7fmp

thepodge
    Free Member

I remember seeing them play it live and thinking “hang on, this sounds like… bloody hell it is”

tomparkin

New-to-me band this week!

CountZero

Technically it’s not Monday, but very close, and I haven’t posted anything for a while. Came across this as part of a bunch of recommendations on Flipboard earlier, and forgot to put it up.

mutley

wordnumb
    Free Member
    tetrode
    Free Member

Periphery finally released a couple of new tracks in anticipation of their new album in March! Can’t wait, they’re definitely one of the most inventive and genre pushing bands out there at the moment.

sharkattack

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.