Home Forums Chat Forum meat free idave friendly meals?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • meat free idave friendly meals?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

anyone got any quick/easy/cheap meat/fish free idave recipes they can fire my way, struggling for inspiration?

bean/lentil currys, chillis and dhals i have. i eat eggs in the morning so try to avoid more eggs in the evening as well.

ART

Mmm:
    – roast veggies (various, go italian style or spicy depending on your mood) with quinoa/ salad
    – bakes, e.g I did something that was sauted leeks, garlic and other stuff from the fridge topped with a lentil mix, could have been mashed veg of some description instead.
    – try the veggie ‘cooking without’ books by Barbara Cousins, not exactly iDave, but close and good for ideas – as is Rose Elliot’s ‘low fat, low sugar’
    – homemade bean burgers .. with salads
    – moussaka, make the bechamel with gram flour & soya milk – if you are allowing … of course.

Ok enough, getting too hungry thinking about food! :-)

ART

Double post …

ourmaninthenorth

Monday night I made the original of this:

Adapted Hugh Fearnley Burnely’s Cauli & Chickpea curry. Having leftovers for my lunch today.

frepster
    Free Member

I make Red dragon Pie once a week and does me for a few meals. I make the mash out of carrots and swede rather than spuds and it does have a small ammount of rice in but I use brown rice but I guess you could use lentils/quinoa if you are super strict.

Recipie here http://www.redactedrecipes.com/2008/01/red-dragon-pie.html

Or i made these enchiladas the other day and it was totally awesome although I suspect corn tortillas arent idave comliant I guess you could use dosa flatbread/chapitis.

http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=eggplant_enchiladas

mrjmt
    Free Member

Not on the idiet, but I can highly recommend the river cottage veg everyday cookbook.

Most of it looks to be ifriendly or easily adapted to be so.

I’ve still not yet opened it on a page and not thought “mmm, that looks rather tasty”!

All very easy to prepare, we’ve been working our way through the salads section recently. nom nom nom nom. :D

ourmaninthenorth

Not on the idiet, but I can highly recommend the river cottage veg everyday cookbook.

+1 The cauli and chickpea curry I;ve just eaten (see adapted recipe above) is from there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘meat free idave friendly meals?’ is closed to new replies.