• This topic has 378 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 379 total)
  • Line of Duty
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

How dull.

IHN

Beaten to it ^

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Guff, enough guff

masterdabber
    Free Member

Well, that was absolute crap.

curto80
    Free Member

Fell asleep half way through. I missed a jaw-dropping reveal, right?

argee

Shame, could’ve been a bit more of a plan behind the reveal and way they moved on the plot, not sure how they can come back for another series with this ending and underwhelming season.

MoreCashThanDash

Kind of what I expected. Another series seems possible, but would not be in the public interest.

fazzini

Pile of shite (apologies sweary filters)

martinhutch

Someone already in prison for being bent turns out to be slightly more bent than first thought.

Looked at the clock at that point, thought ‘ah, they’ve got 10 minutes left for the real twist’..

thepurist

Anyhow, Fargo’s back next week

funkmasterp

So the village idiot was the big bad. He wasn’t even pretending to be incompetent he simply was. What a crock of shite that was.

Kryton57

HMS Vigil looks ok? DSI Arnott with his real accent and that nuts Dr woman whose husband had an affair locked in a Submarine.

What could possibly go wrong? I guess we might know.by its 7th series…

ferrals
    Free Member

What rubbish! It’s very very rare I pay attention to TV shows and know I actually feel let down 🙄

Surely setting up for another series though

timbog160

Aye disappointing – I sense Carmichael being set up to be the new Ted…

jamiemcf

A bit limp from halfway, we’ll set up for another series. Buckalls never confessed, Ted did. Ted has put in an appeal. An end was tied up in some disappointing manner but Ted’s donkey still has a bit more flogging to endure.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yep new season, Charmichael with a random personality transplant cos ‘she is alright when you are working on the same side’
    Beeb should leave it there, I think.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno, seems we always want to find a big bad Bond villain at the end of a show, but it’s rarely like that really is it? There’s institutionalised corruption all around us…blind eyes turned for the sake of the optics, be it local government, polis, armed forces, civil service procurement, etc. And that institutionalised corruption is masked or mistaken as blundering incompetence. As for the final screenshot “AC12’s powers to investigate corruption have never been weaker.” Hmmm…makes you think. 😀

imnotverygood

I’m kind of wondering if it was deliberately anti-climactic.. you know. They are looking for the ultimate puppet-master & it turns out to be a nobody. Banality of Evil & all that

martinhutch

Hmmm…makes you think.

I don’t want to think, dammit! It’s Sunday night!

I reckon ‘H’ is the producer of GoT, plotting a way to make us remember series 8 more fondly.

olddog

Got to be setup for S7. Carmichael is she good/bad running theme…

MoreCashThanDash

And that institutionalised corruption is masked or mistaken as blundering incompetence. As for the final screenshot “AC12’s powers to investigate corruption have never been weaker.” Hmmm…makes you think.

I did wonder if the ending was about Mercurio making a wider point, rather than satisfying those of us after a big crash bang walloped shootout

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Loved it. No Blofeld. If it didn’t come back I’d say it was a fair ending.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Such a shame. They have some great characters who are well cast – such as Carmichael!
    Just a shame they haven’t produced a script / plot that makes the most of them.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I did wonder if the ending was about Mercurio making a wider point, rather than satisfying those of us after a big crash bang walloped shootout

Definately

Onzadog
    Free Member

Corruption in plain sight swept under the carpet with a simple “nothing to see here”.

While not particularly entertaining, it’s a clear social commentary.

theotherjonv

^ this

While of course the lack of a  ‘never saw THAT coming!’ moment leaves you feeling a bit shortchanged, the message was pretty clear to the wife and I.

Corruption* comes in two flavours. Those who actually do it. And those that stand by and let it happen unchallenged. CC Osborne stands accused of the latter. Carmichael’s been challenged to show what she is (with a chaser of will she turn a blind eye to Ted’s misdeeds). I wouldn’t be surprised to see another series, equally a …..what happened after, discuss – sometimes leaves the bigger message by stimulating the discussion.

* racism, misogyny, etc.

tthew

How did they swap from that car convoy into the prison transport van in about 2 minutes?

whitestone
    Free Member

How did they swap from that car convoy into the prison transport van in about 2 minutes?

Haha! My thought was “How did they get that police helicopter into the air and following the suspect vehicle so quickly?”

warton
    Free Member

I was really looking forward to this series (even though the last one was a bit of a letdown)

Where to start?

Dull
    Confused
    Boring
    Full of holes
    Inconsequential
    No real plot

That about covers it.

ayjaydoubleyou

Haha! My thought was “How did they get that police helicopter into the air and following the suspect vehicle so quickly?”

I got confused with that as they waited for it to go under the underpass, then it cut to the OCG intercepting them in the van. When you’re the team with the helicopter, why?
    Also Steve is allowed a taser, and takes the lead against known armed suspects, despite losing his firearms license, is that procedurally correct?

johnners
    Free Member

That was woeful, Mercurio really just phoned the last couple of episodes in. I don’t expect realism from LoD but that was full of lazy plot jumps and inconsistencies.

I must say though, that witness protection looks great, sign me up for a secluded country cottage, a lovely redhead and a dog please!

fingerbang
    Free Member

Thought the ending was good, the only criticism is that it was a plausible ending as it pointed to deep rooted institutional corruption whereas all the fans were expecting a crazy cartoonish reveal and it might’ve been to much of a tonal shift

Seems like some fans were expecting a scooby doo unmasking or something

The build up to buckles reveal and the very last scene were hammy as ****, which was good

fingerbang
    Free Member

I enjoyed the side swipes at the Tory government too

Buckles being a blundering incompetent who consistently failed upwards

And the chief constable press conference where he says that the people just want us to get on with our jobs

Seemed to close to the current government to be a coincidence

Plus Martin compston drew the parallel on the Jonathan Ross show

Pieface

The OCG gunmen did seem a bit lacklustre in last night’s episode, previous gunfight would have seen 1000s of bullets fired but they just seemed to roll over and have their tummies tickled last night.

BigJohn

Is it too early to say that series 7 was a bit of a disappointment? Although the scene where Marcus Thurwell and Patricia Carmichael were caught in a hotel room was entertaining.

hugo
    Free Member

How did they manage to Squeeze 27 years of prison time into the The Shawshank Redemption film, that’s what I want to know.

Pook

Thinking back I’m not too annoyed. I think it’s all a set up for series 7.

nickjb
    Free Member

It really could go either way. It’s a pretty fair way to finish a 6 season set, but there are enough gaps for a continuation. Probably makes sense if no one actually knows if this is it or not for ac12

plus-one

For the love of god !!!

IHN

I must say though, that witness protection looks great, sign me up for a secluded country cottage, a lovely redhead and a dog please!

Yeah, it’s funny how, in TV land, witness protection is always some lovely secluded cottage, never a three bed semi in Northampton…

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Line of Duty’ is closed to new replies.