• This topic has 378 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 379 total)
  • Line of Duty
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Prefer Unforgotten

I’m really enjoying this.
    I’m sure LoD will get better – it needs to.

scuttler

I thought the male copper bag carrying for the senior woman copper was ‘son of Dot’. I swear if you close your eyes it’s Dot talking. Maybe there’s some sort of channeling going on and it’ll get all mystic with Steve reading the tarot cards.

Regarding ‘the tape’ AC12 has flashier fish bowl interview rooms that are easier to shoot up, the interviews in this episode were just in some skanky cop shop so maybe ‘the tape’ will come back with the fishbowls. They certainly have more ipads and tellies and remember Hastings is more old skool than Flavor Flav so he’d still be using tapes to record Corrie.

Agree the acting was a bit pov.

As for the gang yoof signing up for the police, if that’s a testament to H and the tie up between gangs and police you’d assume it was a longer game than having him pop up all corrupt in the next season when he’s waving down cars to check MOTs. I doubt he’ll have made inspector yet.

andrewreay

Not the fastest pace to an episode one, nor any shock ending.

But will strap myself in and prepare for the ride.

Did smile a lot when they mentioned AC-6 and AC-9. Just how many bent coppers are there? Presumably the AC units can man-mark every officer in the force 😉

mahalo

gave it 15 mins and sacked it off. had no idea wtf was going on or wtf anyone was on about??? sierra hotel india tango echo.

scuttler

gave it 15 mins and sacked it off. had no idea wtf was going on or wtf anyone was on about??? sierra hotel india tango echo.

Have you watched it before? The geezer in the waistcoat is the goody. Everyone else is a baddie.

letmetalktomark

I’m on the fence.

I wanted to enjoy it but it all felt a bit forced and rushed. This kind of summed it up to me:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMs2D2Rl2-C/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

timbog160

Ahhh but is the geezer in the waistcoat really the goodie? 😀

rickmeister

Kelly Mcdonald. I can’t get past Trainspotting every time she speaks… her voice hasn’t changed one iota.

Diane: Do you find that this approach usually works? Or let me guess, you’ve never tried it before. In fact, you don’t normally approach girls — am I right? The truth is that you’re a quiet sensitive type but, if I’m prepared to take a chance, I might just get to know the inner you. Taxi! A little bit crazy, a little bit bad. But hey — don’t us girls just love that?
    Renton: Eh?
    Diane:Well, what’s wrong boy — cat got your tongue?…

richmars

Any program that has me searching the internet to understand the script isn’t worth it for me. Why do they do that? Do they think it makes them look clever?
    I’m out.

Coyote
    Free Member

Have you watched it before? This is season 6.

DrJ

Any program that has me searching the internet to understand the script isn’t worth it for me.

What exactly were you searching the internet for?

johndoh
    Free Member

I enjoyed it but Kelly MacDonald is painful to watch – a poor performance from her IMO.

joefm

Not sure I can be arsed to sit through another 6 episodes of drama drama drama every 5 mins. Not really sure I care anymore

natrix
    Free Member

Got myself up to speed with this recap:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p099hkl8?xtor=CS8-1000-%5BDiscovery_Cards%5D-%5BMulti_Site%5D-%5BSL02%5D-%5BPS_IPLAYER~N~~P_ABeginnersGuidetoLineofDuty%5D

although it was probably better when I didn’t know what was going on…………

P-Jay
    Free Member

I enjoyed it but Kelly MacDonald is painful to watch – a poor performance from her IMO.

Really, I thought she was the best thing about it. Admittedly I watch under duress with my Wife.

She can do other voices, but this is her own. She was fantastic in ‘No Country for Old Men’ and ‘Boardwalk Empire’.

MoreCashThanDash

Well, its proved useful in this mornings training session. Ticked off CHIS and OCG on the bingo list….

scuttler

CHIS done 0-60 into UK vocabulary faster than any other word??

sweepy
    Free Member

Admittedly I watch under duress with my Wife.

I’m made to watch it too, as part of the ‘Quality time together initiative’ Funny how it never applies to things I like.
    Looked on here to see if there was much chance of improvement, or at least an ending but I’m not hopefull.

johnners
    Free Member

Any program that has me searching the internet to understand the script isn’t worth it for me. Why do they do that? Do they think it makes them look clever?
    I’m out.

Presuming you’re talking about all the TLAs and other abbreviations I really enjoy them – the police use them all the time but they’re dialled up to 11 in LoD as a bit of a piss-take.

oomidamon

My wife says she’s going to leave me because I’m obsessed with LoD. For the benefit of the tape she’s just walked ot.

oomidamon

I ended up picking my feet and wondering which power sander to buy.

Blimey, how bad are your feet?

johndoh
    Free Member

She was fantastic in ‘No Country for Old Men’ and ‘Boardwalk Empire’.

I am not saying she is a bad actor, I am saying I don’t like her acting in this – I want to because I like her, but something about her character just isn’t convincing me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

something about her character just isn’t convincing me.

I assumed she was playing a character who is emotionally stilted and a bit aloof and remote.

I was getting the vibe of a decent actor playing a slightly odd person rather than a bad actor failing to play a normal person.

johndoh
    Free Member

I was getting the vibe of a decent actor playing a slightly odd person rather than a bad actor failing to play a normal person.

Well the thing is, I didn’t get that from her performance at all. I thought Keely Hawes played *that* character very well in an earlier series but I wasn’t convinced about KM – she just came across a bit stilted and appeared to be struggling to get the personality of the character across. IMO. #wearealldifferent.

swavis

Keely Hawes was the absolute best in LoD, such a great character.

sc-xc

My wife says she’s going to leave me because I’m obsessed with LoD. For the benefit of the tape she’s just walked ot.

This is good enough to steal 😂

masterdabber
    Free Member

Vicky McClure – D I Kate Fleming….just doesn’t work for me… too stilted, not natural, whatever.

This current series…maybe okish but massively overhyped.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Watched episode one. Does it get better?

Has Fleming actually left the AC unit or is she undercover?
    Why did she not recognise Terry?
    Will any of that matter?
    Should Steve’s beard go?
    Why did Hastings not get more screen time?

Too much CHIS.

MoreCashThanDash

If it takes them 6 series to uncover H, will they be any quicker with I?

martinhutch

This is certainly odd – why would she not point out his history of being exploited in this way by organised criminals?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Could be many reasons, but a poor script is the most likely, I think.

martinhutch

Anyway, Owen Teale is H.

He’s popped up again as Chief Constable after being one of the main protagonists right back in series one.

perchypanther
    Free Member

….because she’s never met him. Terry’s only interaction with the police was being fobbed off by a couple of uniformed constables who couldn’t understand him when he tried to tell them he was being abused.

jimmy

Eyes down

DrJ

See you on the other side.

Bent coppers!!!

timbog160

Got the mezzanine and the tunnel so far!

MoreCashThanDash

Beeeeeeeeeeep!

House!

baddddad
    Free Member

are horribly wooden acting, awful scripting and noddy camera angles on the bingo card?

timbog160

Beeeeeep was done last week. Got a few more this week! The bent PC is obviously worried about Steve recognising him, but not sure why – I think you’d struggle – although did Kate hint at it?

MoreCashThanDash

So, will the Sergeant or the DI be silenced first?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Line of Duty’ is closed to new replies.