• This topic has 378 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by DezB.
Viewing 19 posts - 361 through 379 (of 379 total)
  • Line of Duty
  • Premier Icon sadmadalan

We have got so used to the ‘big revel’ at the end of drama series, that when we don’t get it we feel let down. I actually thought the ending was far better for not having that. We found out about H. He was no mastermind, just someone out to make money. There was no criminal mastermind, just a system which allowed corruption to happen. A far more powerful message than some big revel and promotions all round.

Trouble we don’t like the message – it does not satisfy our need to have all the threads tied up and the good guys winning.

I do hope that there is no series 7. There could be a spin off, though.

Premier Icon martinhutch

I think the problem was that the ending was totally out of kilter with the style of the rest of the series. Every series has built up to a big climax, secrets revealed etc.

Premier Icon ransos
    Free Member

I actually thought the ending was far better for not having that. We found out about H. He was no mastermind, just someone out to make money.

You could be right. But I was still hoping for a scooby-doo moment!

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

There was no criminal mastermind, just a system which allowed corruption to happen. A far more powerful message than some big revel and promotions all round.

I think this was the big reveal, based on interviews with the cast and Mercurio’s Twitter feed. Just a lot of us (me included) took a while to get it, and the implications behind it

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

The BBC podcast (with Dot) had an interview with Jed in the final episode that covers a lot of this

Premier Icon zippykona

This is how you end a series.

Premier Icon thepurist

Someone at work reckons that in the last elevator scene Hastings is just a cardboard cutout as he doesn’t move, whereas Steve and Kate do. Watching it back on iplayer it does look a bit odd.

Premier Icon curto80
    Free Member

All just a bit too “mediocre a-level politics essay”. The message wasn’t exactly ground-breaking. Jed has trained everyone to anticipate an entertaining conclusion so no wonder people feel short-changed. Trouble is there was nowhere else they could have really gone with it once they’d decided everyone else important was either dead or had dementia. It left more questions than answers.

Premier Icon scuttler

Someone at work reckons that in the last elevator scene Hastings is just a cardboard cutout as he doesn’t move, whereas Steve and Kate do. Watching it back on iplayer it does look a bit odd.

The quality of the ‘CGI’ there was horrid. Same quality as when they re-did Star Wars with extra walking creatures, Jabba ‘n all that (1997).

Premier Icon bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the ‘big revel’ too, usually a malteser.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Caught up with it last night. Pfff & Meh.

Also, anyone else think that Adrian Dunbar is a bit “Am-Dram”? He shouts his lines like he is a church hall panto.

I’m also thinking of applying for the red head/big house/dog witness protection deal.

Premier Icon mikertroid
    Free Member

I’m also thinking of applying for the red head/big house/dog witness protection deal.

Definately…..

That was my immediate thought at the end. If it can be close to the beach, I’ll spill the beans. I’ll say anything.

Premier Icon peaslaker
    Free Member

I’ll say anything

Definately…..

We know your game

Premier Icon mikertroid
    Free Member

😎

Premier Icon sirromj
    Free Member

Just finished watching the first series last night.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Apparently you can get it without actually having to deliver any worthwhile information. She was even totally unaware that Buckells was significant. All while actively sabotaging a high-profile murder investigation, attempting to pervert the course of justice by framing her boss, being complicit in the murder of one, perhaps two serving police officers, and conspiring to murder another.

Nice work if you can get it.

Premier Icon richmtb

Also, anyone else think that Adrian Dunbar is a bit “Am-Dram”? He shouts his lines like he is a church hall panto.

Its more the fact that his character just seems to speak in a series of catchphrases. This season he was like a fan service meme generator.

Premier Icon tthew

… actively sabotaging a high-profile murder investigation, attempting to pervert the course of justice by framing her boss, being complicit in the murder of one, perhaps two serving police officers, and conspiring to murder another.

Yeah, but she’s not bent, so all of that is fair game.

Premier Icon DezB

Just finished watching the first series last night.

Best end on a high 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 361 through 379 (of 379 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.