• This topic has 378 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 379 total)
  • Line of Duty
  • RustySpanner

Farida dead by end of episode 3, but Chole might go the distance.

timbog160

The other one was ‘document x in your folder’ – which came out as ‘document x in the evidence pack’….

tthew

The dialogue and acting in the opening scenes was woeful, and didn’t much improve. Story seems entertaining enough though and what else are you going to doing at 9pm on Sunday evening?

thepurist

I spent the whole thing trying to work out what CHIS stood for. Doubly confusing when the dialogue is like “no news on the CHIS, cheers mate”.

Drac

I’ve never watched any previous episodes but seen last night’s it was Ok

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought it actually wasn’t too bad. I’m sure it’ll go mad soon though.

I spent the whole thing trying to work out what CHIS stood for.

Me too, once I’d figured out they weren’t saying “jizz.” As ever, Google is your friend. If you just search “line of duty lingo” or something similar, there are a few sites with explainers. I think there have been a few additions/changes for this season. “For the purpose of the tape” seems to have been replaced by “for the DIR” for one.

theotherjonv

I want Borat to turn up, point to a line up of potential informers and repeatedly ask ‘What about this. Is this chis?’

Kryton57

I’m guessing DIR is an acronym for Digital Recording.

dave661350

Hilarious that such a flagship programme can’t even get vehicle continuity correct…..the 2 lead BMWs change repeatedly in the opening few minutes. Couldn’t manage any more than 15 minutes. Utter drivel

DrJ

It’ll be utterly ridiculous and stupidly entertaining and that’s just fine by me.

Yeah this. A load of misery-guts contributing to this thread !!

P-Jay
    Free Member

24 Hours in Police Custody is on tonight. Be interesting to see how much complete gibberish they speak in real life 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Not directly involved but CHIS is a term used at work. DIR confused me. Have they done it just to mess the bingo cards?

Drac

I spent the whole thing trying to work out what CHIS stood for.

I thought it was obvious that it meant an informer.

theotherjonv

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/line-of-duty-acronyms-abbreviations-guide/

As for the program being ruined because the cars got mixed up. It’s not real life, and doesn’t affect the plot one iota. But maybe the plot’s not important compared to spotting continuity errors.

failedengineer

I’d never seen it before, but watched it last night because of all the hype surrounding it. Everyone in it is so worthy and serious! Lighten up a bit FFS. Plus, would they really have so many guns?

martinhutch

Plus, would they really have so many guns?

Yes, and you have to remember that Kate can headshot a baddie in a speeding Range Rover from 500 yards away.

I am ashamed to admit I nodded off about about 40 minutes. Was there an end-of-episode stunning twist, or is watching the recap at the start of the next one going to be enough?

theotherjonv

chis is now processed chis. As flat as a kraft square, oozing at the edges like an overripe brie.

burko73

Perhaps some COVID reason that the cars got mixed up? Wasn’t it filmed through COVID hence the delay in getting it out? It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the plot line.

MoreCashThanDash

I am ashamed to admit I nodded off about about 40 minutes. Was there an end-of-episode stunning twist, or is watching the recap at the start of the next one going to be enough?

Were you awake for the reveal of Kelly McDonalds characters relationship situation?

thepurist

I thought it was obvious that it meant an informer.

Absolutely no doubt about what a CHIS was, but reverse engineering the acronym was what kept my grey matter ticking. Plus wondering how the hell this is going to link back to H etc.

martinhutch

Were you awake for the reveal of Kelly McDonalds characters relationship situation?

Nope. Was Ewan McGregor involved?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Plus wondering how the hell this is going to link back to H etc.

Clearly H Is Steve

jimmy

Hilarious that such a flagship programme can’t even get vehicle continuity correct…..the 2 lead BMWs change repeatedly in the opening few minutes. Couldn’t manage any more than 15 minutes. Utter drivel

I thought I’d noticed that!

martinhutch

Clearly H Is Steve

Nah mate…

H REVEALED!

DrJ

H is actually Goliath

MoreCashThanDash

Nope. Was Ewan McGregor involved?

Definitely barking up the wrong tree with that guess….

thegreatape
    Free Member

Be interesting to see how much complete gibberish they speak in real life 😉

More, probably double.

johnx2
    Free Member

.the 2 lead BMWs change repeatedly

I got CHIS but what does BMW stand for>

thepurist

Blokes Muttering Waffle?

ayjaydoubleyou

The other one was ‘document x in your folder’ – which came out as ‘document x in the evidence pack’….

Ah yes, I remember thinking ‘they’re gonna say it, they’re gonna say it…’ and then they didn’t.
    Either deliberately messing with us bingo players, or it’s a conscious decision that these new characters have their own slight nuances; and when we get a Steve interview we’ll be crossing off everything.

Anyone else spot the only (cars excluded) product placement was Steve drinking a Corona beer?
    Joke or symbolism?

Pieface

Anyone else listening to BBC radio’s Line of Duty Podcast? It’s better than the program IMO

DrJ

Anyone else listening to BBC radio’s Line of Duty Podcast? It’s better than the program IMO

I enjoyed previous ones but this was a bit weak IMO.

bridges
    Free Member

Tried this last night. My wife soon went on her ‘phone, and I ended up picking my feet and wondering which power sander to buy. It failed to hold our attention, unlike many of the foreign stuff on Netflix etc. I did find it amusing that the copper from ‘Man Like Mobeen’ is also a copper in this! Couldn’t really take it seriously after that.

timbog160

Didn’t the youngster who tried to chop Steve’s fingers off end up in police college? I’m wondering when he’s going to show up!

MoreCashThanDash

Didn’t the youngster who tried to chop Steve’s fingers off end up in police college? I’m wondering when he’s going to show up!

My lad said the same

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Covert
    Human
    Intelligence
    Source

white101

I thought it was slow, wooden tosh. And I quite liked a couple of series I’ve seen.

Prefer Unforgotten

Merak

It was baws.

Insert dead horse being flogged here. The last good one was with Thandie Newton.

As mentioned, much better stuff available.

Nearly 10m people watched it though so they’ll be yet another series.😬

Kelly McDonald’s delivery is dreadful, she was great in No country for old men though.😀

martinhutch

I thought it was slow, wooden tosh.

He’s not in this one, I think.

jimmy

It is a bit wooden. “Alright mate? Sorry Mate, Yes ma’am, no sarge”

Funny to see another This is England cast member, Perry Fitzpatrick, in LoD playing the wooden signposting copper. He must have something to do with it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Line of Duty’ is closed to new replies.