• This topic has 378 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 379 total)
  • Line of Duty
  • Kryton57

Remember Martin Compston (Steve) is a Scot with a strong accent. It always throws me when I hear him speak in real life.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I always figured Nottingham

MoreCashThanDash

I always figured Nottingham

We dealt with our big OCG problem a few years ago. The Police convoys past our office to the court for the trials were clearly the inspiration for LoD though!

TimP
    Free Member

What has always bugged me is the OCG doesnt have a name other than the OCG. Surely even a nickname would be used by now? I mean there is the Krays, the Mafia, The Kelly Gang, the Crips etc and now “The OCG”. Its a bit general, and what happens if anyone else in the city tries a bit of organised crime? Would they become OCG2?

scuttler

househusband

Kelly MacDonald being interviewed by Lauren Laverne on 6Music now.

TheDTs
    Free Member

@TimP
    As Hunter, previous Head of the OCG was Scottish they would have been ‘The Scots’ and I suspect that that would have been tricky to get past the BBC inclusivity board.

IHN

Looking at them, I think I’d be more afraid of The Krays…

The Krays:

The OCG:

martinhutch

CHIS

nickc

If you’ve never watched LoD would you be able to start at this series and understand what was going on?

natrix
    Free Member

If you’ve never watched LoD would you be able to start at this series and understand what was going on?

Yes.

martinhutch

Nope

johnx2
    Free Member

If you’ve never watched all LoD would you be able to start at this series and understand what was going on?

Nope. (Answering for my wife. Doesn’t seem to impede her enjoyment though, and means I get to ‘splain.)

nickjb
    Free Member

I expect you could watch it and enjoy it but some bits will make no sense and a whole load of back story is lost. They are all on iPlayer so just start at series 1. It’s still good.

MoreCashThanDash

If you’ve never watched all LoD would you be able to start at this series and understand what was going on?

Funny cos its true

hugo
    Free Member

Yes, but why not start at series one anyway?

If you end up liking it then you’ll have spoilered yourself all over the place.

hugo
    Free Member

Any program that has me searching the internet to understand the script isn’t worth it for me. Why do they do that? Do they think it makes them look clever?

I’m out.

I’d prefer TV that’s not dumbed down. Each to their own.

Definitely don’t watch The Wire or The West Wing.

I hear Friends is popular?

martinhutch

@nickc

This should help a bit:

See, not that complex really! 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Don’t feel that I’m missing out. fwiw have series 1&2 on dvd and imo series 1-3 were the best, after that it became simply ridiculous.

Kryton57

Anyone want to have a pseudo wager on who H is?

I’m going for Steve Arnott, based on the fact it’d likely have max shock factor.

jimmy

Are we even going to find out?

I think it will be left uncertain with a few possible within ac12.

Dark-Side

Are we even going to find out?

I’m sure I read that ‘H’ is being interviewed on TV in the morning, so it’s looking likely.

tthew

… pseudo wager…

Wondered what the hell you were going on about on first reading what with my mind inserting an additional n.

I reckon it’ll some fringe character previously not considered.

MoreCashThanDash

My predictions are that MrsMC will get home from a weekend away sorting out her parents care home and legal stuff at 20:58 tonight, start to tell us all about it, and there will be a murder around about 21:01.

No idea what will happen on LoD though

BigJohn

Is it too early to say I thought the ending was an anticlimax?

MoreCashThanDash

Is it too early to say I thought the ending was an anticlimax?

You may well win the pseudo wager.

I’m hoping I’m wrong though.

fettlin

I’ll have a bacon sandwich on it being Andrea Wise, deputy chief constable.

nickc

wow wow wow wow, wow.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

🤞 H from steps

martinhutch

He died in series 2

#oldjokeshome

funkmasterp

Andrea Wise, deputy chief constable.

I was thinking her or the Chief Constable himself

theotherjonv

I was thinking her or the Chief Constable himself

definately

MoreCashThanDash

Well MrsMC has just rung to say the M25 has ground to a halt with Police, Fire and ambulance blue lighting it up the hard shoulder, so we may get to watch tonight’s episode without interruption….

ferrals
    Free Member

I don’t think Hastings is H but clearly something is up with him. Any thoughts? I wonder if he is John Corbett’s dad? Something from his past given the looking at old class photo etc

Dark-Side

Surprised tonight’s episode is only an hour, it’s usually around 90 mins for the finale. There is an awful lot to wrap up in 60 mins!

ferrals
    Free Member

Yeah I thought that too

theotherjonv

It’s a seventh episode, someone said because they couldn’t get it all into a 90 minute sixth

beaker

Was that it?

convert

Underwhelmed.

jimmy

No comment

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Line of Duty’ is closed to new replies.