• This topic has 378 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 379 total)
  • Line of Duty
  • Premier Icon thepurist

What do we think then?

H finally revealed – no chance
    Hastings personal life even more shady – yep
    Actual plot not revealed until about half way through ep 3 – nailed on
    Key character not even introduced until about half way through ep 4 – of course
    Lots of edgy scenes in the interview room where evidence is revealed bit by bit but the perp still manages to get off the hook – certainly
    Reference to major characters from earlier series but with no indication of their backstory or why they are significant – goes without saying

Premier Icon Kryton57

Looking forward to this.

Premier Icon thegreatape
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a suggestion that H is actually 4 Dots based on Morse code?

Premier Icon james-rennie

Suspicion falls heavily on a key character who is innocent of ‘the thing’, whilst clearly involved in some other dodgy thing – any/every episode

Premier Icon martinhutch

Are there any significant characters left who could be this H fella? If you discount the core 3, who is left?

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Due to covid filming restrictions, H turns out to be Adam from Cold Feet?

I’m not sure if all the cliches about the show above are why I love it or why my diminishing attention span struggles with it. Can’t wait though.

Premier Icon timbog160

I don’t think we’ve actually met H yet – halfway through ep 4 they’ll say ‘oh, of course it’s so and so…’

No way Hastings is H…

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

Is it the ACC who’s the CEO of the OCG? Will an AFO operating as a UCO catch them using ANPR after an RTC with an ARV?

Bent Coppers son. Now we’re sucking diesel.

Premier Icon bigG
    Free Member

bingo

Take a drink every time you tick one off, and good luck on being sober by the end of the episode. Can’t wait for this because Bloodlands was sh1t IMHO and I love a good cop related drama

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What do we think then?

I think Jedward Mercury is making it up as he goes along and will have no idea for how the series is going to end until the third to last episode is broadcast at which point an entirely new cast will be introduced.

I think Jedward Mercury is making it up as he goes along and will have no idea for how the series is going to end until the third to last episode is broadcast at which point an entirely new cast will be introduced.

More accurate than you think 🤣

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

You can look forward to a hugely disappointing closing credits montage where you discover that H was charged with many offences but ultimately the CPS declined to prosecute and he took early retirement from the force and is currently living in Monaco on his meagre police pension.

Premier Icon retro83
    Free Member

martinhutch

Are there any significant characters left who could be this H fella? If you discount the core 3, who is left?

Buckells

Premier Icon BigJohn

Bingo sheet printed off, ready.
    But what’s that thing that gets whispered into the burner phone when the baddie needs a quick extraction with extreme prejudice?

Premier Icon timmys

I can’t remember – do they dump all episodes on iPlayer on day 1, or is it old school 1 a week?

Has Jedward ever revealed how many series he is heading for? I wonder if the end is in sight or not.

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

It’ll be utterly ridiculous and stupidly entertaining and that’s just fine by me.

Premier Icon big_n_daft
    Free Member

I love a good cop related drama

Spiral on iPlayer

LoD based on viewing series one is standard beeb pap,

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

Spiral on iPlayer

LoD based on viewing series one is standard beeb pap,

Well, mileages vary, I couldn’t make it past Ep 3 of Spiral’s first series. I keep meaning to go back and give it another try since I’m obviously missing something and if it would just click there’s absolute shedloads of the stuff.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

It’s got Kelly Macdonald in. She’s been in some great stuff over the past couple of years, so I have high hopes.

If you’ve not seen them, I recommend watching The Victim and Giri/Haji

Premier Icon scuttler

It’ll be utterly ridiculous and stupidly entertaining and that’s just fine by me.

Yeah the big dum-dum-dum-dum crescendo music building into the last minute of the episode. Quality.

Biq question is wait+binge or go all old skool Sunday night.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

God I hate Line of Duty, the Wife watches, I honestly can’t understand how anyone can watch without being aghast at just how terrible it is, but everyone bar me seems to love it. I feel like Rowdy Roddy Piper in ‘They Live’, the only person on Earth who can see it.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys it, I’ll be sat on the sofa aghast at it’s terribleness, but too lazy to do anything else.

If anyone has been affected by how terrible Line of Duty is, please do get in touch and perhaps we can form a support group.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Last couple of series have got increasingly Casualty-like. Boringly directed, by the numbers acting (maybe excepting Thandie Newton and Stephen Graham), and flabby dialogue. Noticed that Susan Tully (meechell from Eastenders) was directing, which explains it. Not too hopeful that it will return to form for the finale, but you never know.

Premier Icon nicko74
    Free Member

One obvious thing missing from that bingo card: “I demand to be interrogated by an officer at least one rank senior to me, as is my right”.
    Also, “beeeeeep” as they turn the tapes on.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

One obvious thing missing from that bingo card: “I demand to be interrogated by an officer at least one rank senior to me, as is my right”.

You’ve never won a game of Bingo have you?

Premier Icon retro83
    Free Member

nicko74
    Free Member

Stop making a *** of yourself and **** off

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

To get you in the mood:

Premier Icon scuttler

One Rank Senior is on the bingo card. And they don’t use it to argue over who’s driving.

Premier Icon timmys

The beep thing is also on the card. Which is why everyone has already told him he is shit at bingo.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

I feel like Rowdy Roddy Piper in ‘They Live’, the only person on Earth who can see it.

This made me laugh a lot. I enjoyed the first few series but it’s starting to feel a bit like Lost. You just know the finale is going to be a bit shit. Whoever mentioned Spiral stick with it, the character development is brilliant. Plus Audrey Fleurot is in it and the mean judge looks like Toad of Toad Hall

Premier Icon scuttler

Soz I thought it meant he was shit at reading. But I suppose the same lack of care could lead to absolute carnage on a Wednesday afternoon down The Mecca.

Premier Icon cynic-al

I would urge fans to check out his other series: Cardiac Arrest and Bodies.

Different writer but I also enjoyed the Neil Pearson corruption one but it’s not in the same league.

Much excitement at Al towers!

I suppose the same lack of care could lead to absolute carnage on a Wednesday afternoon down The Mecca.

Higher body count than all the series of LoD!

Premier Icon kilo

God almighty, it’s just cobblers

Entertaining cobblers though.

Premier Icon cynic-al

Enjoyed it, but yeah seems a bit weak, and that’s from a fanboi.

Kelly MacDonald isn’t sitting quite right with me, a bit wooden (her, not me!)

Premier Icon timbog160

Loved it. I got 6 and there were a couple that came close but not quite…

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

Loved it. I got 6 and there were a couple that came close but not quite

Me too. So close to saying “for the purpose of the tape” about 20 times. Has the procedure changed?

Premier Icon robowns
    Free Member

Meh not a fan

Premier Icon chainbreaker
    Free Member

Enjoyed it, but yeah seems a bit weak, and that’s from a fanboi.

I dunno, LoD has historically always been a bit slow at the start of the series then the story picks up a few episodes in. I’m going to reserve judgement until I’ve completed season 6 though.

Don’t think it’ll beat season 3, that was the best one one IMO.

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl

Passed its sell-by date by series 4, imo. Spiral was similar, seeing as that’s been mentioned.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 379 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.