• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member
    bigdaddy

That’s excellent!!

twisty

I’ve got an urge to buy some Lego at the moment. I think my parents still have all my technic from the 1990s in their attic

The last time I dabbled with lego I bought #6753 which was similar to #42082 but could make a construction crane, lorry, and car transporter. I liked it because it was mostly standard lego parts rather than bespoke blocks and I think it was only £30 half price from Wilkos – maybe worth a look.

twisty

I want to prototype some stuff well suited to technic lego. Any ideas on cost effective ways to get a bunch of random parts that I can play with? Stuff like pins, axles, gears, rack pins, Plates, beams, bushings and suchlike.

Any particular kits I should look out for? I do see there are a few vendors on ebay that sell groups of parts which could work, but will end up costing a bit to buy a variety of stuff from them.

pdw
    Free Member

Bricklink. Put together a wanted list with some of the stuff you want and use it to find a cheap well-stocked store, and then see what other parts they’ve got cheap. There’s a huge variation in part prices according to colour and demand, but common technics bits can be picked up very cheaply if you’re flexible on colour.

zilog6128

I think any way you do it is going to end up costing quite a bit, it’s Lego 😃

You could do it virtually on CAD (Bricklink Studio probably the best) and then just order the parts you need (brilliantly BL Studio will take your design and automatically work out the cheapest way to get all the bits from all the different online sellers). Especially handy if you’re new to Technic and aren’t really aware of all the different options.

As above just fill up a few virtual shopping carts on Bricklink with a wide range of useful looking stuff.

Otherwise eBay for job lots of Technic or set up an alert on HUKD and buy any discounted sets (not ones with motors in though unless you want those as they add massively to the cost of sets). You can built the sets first which is a) fun but b) lets you see how the professional designers put the bits together which could give you some useful ideas

twisty

Thanks for the tips regarding Bricklink

Shame I missed the Rough Terrain Crane at £100 a few weeks ago.

I just spotted it for £100 https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8366306 Tempted myself, but a bit over my budget.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Tempted myself, but a bit over my budget.

The decision is out of your hands, not available for delivery and not available in any of their stores.

Drac

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Too slow Drac…

Drac

Bugger I didn’t scroll enough.

Northwind

They got that a bit wrong, the police have truncheons

Northwind

There’s a 20% off various shops ebay voucher just now, brings the 42096 porsche down to £108 (plus whatever other discounts you might have, 1% topcashback or whatever) and 42125 Ferrari GTE to £136, seem pretty decent prices if not quite “flip it on ebay” cheap. Might be worth digging into the cheaper kits too

cyclistm
    Free Member

So I bought a Lego lambo copy to try out. The quality of the bricks was pretty good and the instructions not bad at all. The build itself is a bit flimsy and bits fall off all the time, though this doesn’t seem to be a reflection of the bricks themselves.

It wouldn’t feel right ‘displaying’ the fake Lego nor would i want to mix my fake and real Lego and I really don’t want to sell it on but it would be a waste not to have it reused.

So if anyone is about 8 miles east of Brighton and able to pick it up from my porch you’d be very welcome to it.

Email in profile I think.

pictonroad

@cyclistm  I’m just down the road from you and have a Lamborghini obsessed nine your old going stir crazy locked up in the house with his Mum and Sister. We’d love it to pass some time.</span>

no email but I’ve messaged you.

James

robbo1234biking

is the low lego stock on Amazon, Smyths etc due to lockdown or Brexit delays? Ended up ordering from the Lego store online for my sons birthday. Wants the new Star Wars X-Wing and Tie Fighter – don’t need them to beginning of March but don’t want to miss out!

stumpyjon

Lego had a really busy year last year, sales were up, stock is down.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Christmas Lego complete….

The transporter is Christmas. Some of the cargo is previous celebrations.

It was a good and involved build.. not yet ready to take it apart and do the model B yet.

plus-one

My millennium falcon is in classifieds. Out of stock everywhere priced to sell I hope.

tootallpaul

Morning all,

A bit of a stealth ad.

I’m looking to sell my Lego collection.

Take a look here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6LQUSv8dHasp57i8A

Drop me a message if anything catches your eye.

Cheers,

Paul

zilog6128

Collection?! I’ve got more than that, that I’ve bought on offer but not gotten around to opening yet 😂

doomanic

@tootallpaul prices for the Star Wars stuff?

shinton
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the Lambo as I can get 15% off at Argos at the moment which brings it down to £223.

i_like_food

Will send you a pm @tootallpaul.

i_like_food

With lockdown half term looming I’m feeling smug that I’ve got all 1969 bits of Saturn V in the loft ready for a couple of days building with my son.

Must be the only Covid related decision I’ve actually got right.

spacemonkey

Not sure if I like that 911.

This OTOH I quite fancy building with monkey jnr https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/medieval-blacksmith-21325

He’s starting on the Senna Mclaren later today as part of his “can’t do any half term activities so might as well invest in some things he can play with at home”.

Rich_s

Last year I swapped an Apollo Saturn V for daveosaurusrex’s Technic Volvo excavator 42053. Feedback from my eldest was that he just didn’t enjoy the build – I think Technic just isn’t “interesting” enough for him. And I have to say, I found completing it after he lost interest was a bit of a chore. They have enjoyed playing with it once it was finished, though!

So, what next. I have the 42053 with motor to trade… he and I both enjoyed the Saturn so does anyone want to swap for a lunar lander 10266?

Or what other options are there?!?

grahamt1980

Spacemonkey – am resisting buying the blacksmith shop, i want it but we have the creator expert corner garage to build still

zilog6128

This OTOH I quite fancy building with monkey jnr https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/medieval-blacksmith-21325

that looks awesome & I’ll definitely be getting it – but I’ll wait for a reduction or more appealing GWP, I still have loads of unopened sets bought on offer between BF and Chrimbo so no rush! The only real problem with it is, stylistically, it doesn’t really match many other sets (unless you’re lucky enough to own the old Castle Mill set etc) but hopefully do more sets like this in the future.

peterno51

Hmmmm, that new porker, not sure.

£120..

Hmmm. Will try and find some yoootoob
    of it to see if it looks better being twiddled.

40mpg

Finished my Christmas pressie from my wife, been a useful distraction for lockdown evenings.

Not on the scale of some on here as I’m just getting back into lego after a break since childhood, but pleased with it. Interesting to see how they achieve some of the curvy and slopey bits.

Need an x-wing now 😁

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Just finished the Snowspeeder (it sat in a cupboard for 18 months). It’s a great set, not sure what Star Wars set to go for next…

zilog6128

Hmmmm, that new porker, not sure.

£120..

none of the oversized scale models really do anything for me, the Porsche does look cool though I think & the set contains the bits to build the turbo version or Targa which is nice. I think those who buy it in the VIP-exclusive period will get a “Porsche Owners Pack” gift which, if not of interest, could be shunted off onto collectors via eBay later to offset some of the cost (especially as I think the US market won’t be getting that offer)

FB-ATB

am resisting buying the blacksmith shop, i want it but we have the creator expert corner garage to build still

What’s the betting @stumpyjon has built the whole village!

grahamt1980

Probably, castle and the full works i hope

stumpyjon

What’s the betting @stumpyjon has built the whole village!

Sorry to disappoint, currently collecting bits to build the Death Star II, got about 85% from my stock, just collecting the other 15% as they come up on Ebay in bulk lots.

Also scouring rebrickable etc. for the next MOC project.

weeksy

Me and the boy built this last week

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kB4G5R]2021-02-12_09-23-03[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Cougar

That Falcon is ace.

I’ve got the Saturn V to rebuild at some point. I took it to bits when I moved house.

russianbob
    Free Member

After a bit of advice if that’s OK….

What is the best method for buying sets, building them and then swapping/selling them on? Do you keep the bags, completely disassemble and re-bag? What about stickers?

I’ve got my eyes on the Land Rover but once it’s built I can’t see it having a long life as an ornament.

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.