• This topic has 1,765 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Rich_s.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,766 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Cougar

I mean, 800 posts and counting.

mrchrispy

nearly finished the land rover defender, first real technical I’ve done in years and its crazy complicated. so much fun. 🙂

diz

Bloody defender, I’m still attempting to sort the gear boxes so it drive correctly 😡

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mogrim

https://brickset.com/sets/565-1/Moon-Landing

One of the first sets I remember building!

Daffy

Premier Icon
    diz

Bloody defender, I’m still attempting to sort the gear boxes so it drive correctly 😡

Sounds like Lego again captured the details of the real thing it was modelled on just about right.

grahamt1980

I gave up on the gear boxes in the end. Couldn’t be bothered

Merak

Much excitement.Ive been looking forward to this for ages. Saved it for this time of year.

northshoreniall

Glad hear not just me with defender gearbox. Have rebuilt one of them 3 times and just gave up. Nearly completed full build, should be done next day or 2. Fear I may need more lego soon.

tlr

I’ve now finished the first 300 pages of the Bugatti Chiron build, only another 300 to go. It is incredibly, it’s massive, but so densely packed with detail it weighs a tonne too. Gearbox, clutch, flappy paddles, W16 engine with pistons, 4 wheel drive, 2 diffs. And designed to be built how the real thing is supposedly, so front half and back half of chassis built separately and then joined together. God help me if I’ve got anything wrong so far, a rebuild would be a nightmare.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Most fun I had from an Xmas present was a 37 piece Lego style digger from a charity shop, I’ll be looking for more.

stumpyjon

Merak what will it be?

richmars

PXL_20201229_200700646.NIGHT~2
    Got my son a lighting kit for his Audi.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

but could still be fishy?

The dodgy website that I mentioned a few pages back that was selling the MF half price was taken down a few days afterwards. I wonder how much money they took before disappearing!
    Caveat emptor

Merak

@stumpyjon

what will it be?

‘You’re gonna need a bigger boat’

creakingdoor
    Free Member

My Christmas pressie, also my first Lego build in 40 years, was the one that started this thread, the Saturn V.

Cougar

If anyone is struggling with the Land Rover I’d be happy to build it for them and post it back… (-:

northshoreniall

Now you bloody tell me @cougar! Just 1 wing and roof rack to do.

Mr_C
    Free Member

I’ve now finished the first 300 pages of the Bugatti Chiron build, only another 300 to go. It is incredibly, it’s massive, but so densely packed with detail it weighs a tonne too. Gearbox, clutch, flappy paddles, W16 engine with pistons, 4 wheel drive, 2 diffs. And designed to be built how the real thing is supposedly, so front half and back half of chassis built separately and then joined together. God help me if I’ve got anything wrong so far, a rebuild would be a nightmare.

Make sure you put the diffs in the right way round or the front and rear wheels want to rotate in opposite directions. Digging the diff out and turning it around takes hours. DAMHIK.

Cougar

🤣

pdw
    Free Member

Chez pdw’s Christmas Lego:

Christmas Lego

Harry_the_Spider

Getting there now that I’ve overcome the inaccuracies in the instructions.

Harry_the_Spider

Fin.

Instructions were rubbish and there were a few missing bits. Thankfully they were only clips and bosses, so were easily replaced by raiding the parts bin.

£30 including delivery. Can’t grumble.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve got an urge to buy some Lego at the moment. I think my parents still have all my technic from the 1990s in their attic, but I’m unlikely to be getting my hands on that any time soon. It’s been good looking through all the old models I used to lust after, but the modern ones are even more impressive. Shame I missed the Rough Terrain Crane at £100 a few weeks ago. It seems the turnover of ‘current’ models is pretty high, and the good ones end up as collectible status as soon as they’re out of stock.

I’ve narrowed my list of desires down to:

What would you guys choose? I’m not so into the supercars and vehicles. I like construction equipment 🙂

As tempting as the cheap knock-off stuff might seem, I think I’d feel pretty dirty buying that over proper lego.

TomB

I’m still building the rough terrain crane, having grabbed a bargain just before Christmas. It’s incredibly satisfying, complex and interesting build. It’s the first ‘big’ technic set I’ve built, and I’m seriously impressed!

creakingdoor
    Free Member

That 8043 excavator is priced at £1000 on Amazon atm! 😮
    I think all of those models have been ‘retired’ by Lego now, causing the price to leap, they’re all around the £500 mark on Bricklink. The 42114 Volvo lego model out now looks good, but I think the price will come down considerably over the next few months. The 42108 and 42112 all look good too.
    Not much of interest coming up in 2021. Can Lego do a vaccine?😄

Mowgli
    Free Member

Yeah I was hoping to get something on ebay for <£200. I remember looking a couple of years ago and I’ve sure prices have gone up a lot since the pandemic, unsurprisingly. The big Volvo tipper looks ok, but it’s not as interesting as the cranes (imo).

boombang
    Free Member

Anyone here interested in swapping new boxed unbuilt sets? Not a stealth ad at all, a brazen one so sorry if breaks rules.

We have ended up with 2 sets that can’t be returned, long and unfortunate story, but I probably have receipts for both, nothing dodgy.

Darth Vader’s Castle 75251:
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/darth-vader-s-castle-75251

Ocean Exploration Base 60265 (outer box bit dented):
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/ocean-exploration-base-60265

Merak

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies….

Rich_s

I’m surprised how small that boat is.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We bought this to cheer ourselves up after the tier4 announcement

5J4A4543

Kind of left us with nowhere to go for lockdown!

jamj1974

That looks great Merak!

Cougar

I’m surprised how small that boat is.

I see what you did there. 👍

infidel
    Free Member

My 10 year old daughter finished the lunar lander today – took her a day and a half of intermittent building. She, and the lander, is awesome!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJoqHLXBH4D

jamj1974

The lunar lander is excellent!

Cougar

Is the ascent stage on arse-backwards? The ladder leads to a solid wall.

Good work, mind!

infidel
    Free Member

Cougar – it is. She was playing with it and got distracted by dinner which is when I got to photograph it! I’m not gonna adjust it though as she would kill me!!

Cougar

As tempting as the cheap knock-off stuff might seem, I think I’d feel pretty dirty buying that over proper lego.

In related news, the people behind Lepin have just gone to jail.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lepin-owners-jailed-in-china/

wind-bag
    Free Member

Put this together over the Christmas break, a big kit and an enjoyable build.

https://ibb.co/sHFTYxz

https://ibb.co/47ZyDjT

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Put this together over the Christmas break, a big kit and an enjoyable build.

That does look cool. Tempted. Sub-£170 on the ‘bay atm.

sirromj

Dammit why did I open this thread. Got the urge now to spend… will be birthday soon, might have to treat myself.

The only people daft enough to only follow the instructions and then never make anything else are adults.

Not all adults. Most recently I invented a special never seen before vehicle that is limited to driving clockwise in circles. It originally had six wheels, geared so the wheels on the left spin faster than the wheels on the right. But I took the front four off (leaving the gearing intact) and put a 3rd wheel on the front angled almost close enough to match the gearing differential between the rear wheels. I’ve spent more time playing with my sons selection of small technic lego models than with the big models I bought for myself. But still very time consuming and addictive.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,766 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.