• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • bigdaddy

Agree with @northernmatt about the thumbs! Breaking the sets down is hard going, but worth it! My Daytona is built as the F40 and it’s a much better model. Quite satisfying to sort the parts as you go though, and makes the next build quicker and easier than the jumbled up parts you get from new…

jamj1974

I have been fortunate enough to receive the Concorde for Christmas.

Having had the week before Christmas off, I completed a P51D Mustang Moc.  The colours are wrong as it was polished metal at the time and the only colour was the end of and top of the nose and the tail.  It goes well with my Supermarine Spitfire Moc.

The Mustang, I designed and built from scratch.  The Spitfire I used the external image of a Brickmania build and then used that to influence the outer build.  I designed and built the inner structure.IMG_0852  I revised the canopy and several exterior details too.

sirromj

The other half got this set for my eldest boy

Not a set i would have ever thought to get tbh but theyre quite satisfying to build and quite cute! Starting to think about getting one of the larger plants for myself!

jamj1974

I like that sirromj!

grahamt1980

This might be heresy to say it, but the cobo planes are really good. The figures are very odd though, but the planes work well

bruk

Love the flowers. Bought and built (well eldest child built) the Lego orchid and it is great sat on my wife’s desk. Followed up with mini bonsai with lights and then the wild flowers this Xmas.

Maybe appeals to the tightarse in me as don’t have to replace the flowers!

Daffy

IMG_5657

3400 pieces!

Ahsoka mini fig for scale until my K2SO arrives.

jamj1974

So good!

Cougar

Finished my Christmas present.

PXL_20231229_214837538

Granted it was last year’s Christmas present but…

Cougar

ION,

I bought a Lego clone from somewhere in the Far East. On a whim, I also bought the lighting kit for it.

Has anyone used these? Do you add the lighting post-build or is it better to integrate as you go?

Daffy

Most can be added afterwards and still hidden away just fine.  

Cougar

Cool, thank you.

Cougar

Holy hell.

Watty

the cobo planes are really good

As are their tanks.

goslow

Just finished building the Porsche again. Just need to find somewhere to put it.

IMG_20240110_150333051_HDR

reluctantjumper

Finally completed my Ecto 1 a few days ago, been doing it in and off for nearly 3 years!

PXL_20240111_201437637

Works out at one section of the build manual every 2 months 😳

Still, it’s done now so looking for any suggestions for the next kit to get as I’ve sort of lost track of what’s been released.

Nice. I recently built the Delorian. Nice kit with options for all three movies.

Merak

. Nice kit with options for all three movies.

In my mind  there was only the first. The rest were utter dross.

This is fair, but taste is subjective. 😉🤘🏻

I have it set up for the OG.

jamj1974

Finally completed my Ecto 1 a few days ago, been doing it in and off for nearly 3 years!

reluctantjumper.  I really enjoyed mine and did the BttF Delorean next.  Another non-car related one was the Space Shuttle Discovery.

Only built my Lego Technic ‘The Batman’ Batmobile 42127 11 months after I received it as a Christmas gift.  I have a poor track record for timely building of sets I received as gifts…

timmys

*not at all stealth ad*

My son ended up with two of the Peugeot Le Mans cars for Christmas. Before I fight Facebook scammers, or pay lots of eBays fees, would anyone be interested in one? I was thinking £100 + postage? Cheapest I can find it for currently is £125 on Amazon.

…or if you have any swaps that a 10yr old boy might be interested in then let me know!

lego

dirkpitt74

Just started on this:

PXL_20240114_145013702.MP

Progress will no doubt be slow….

Northwind

Merak

In my mind there was only the first. The rest were utter dross.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! Ghostbusters 2 is a cinematic masterpiece.

pocpoc
    Free Member

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! They were talking about Back to the Future

Tallpaul
    Free Member

I have £15 of LEGO.com vouchers expiring next week. Purchased in the 75%-off black Friday deal and enough points for £25 more. Sadly, I’m not feeling inspired to spend them at all – my go-to are Star Wars with the Executor and Ghost Phantom in my wish-list. Anyone got either of those and can comment on them?

soundninjauk

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! They were talking about Back to the Future

I have such a huge soft spot for Back to the Future Part 3.

IMG_0474

Cougar

Ghostbusters 2 was terrible.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife on the other hand…

Northwind

pocpoc
    Free Member

They were talking about Back to the Future

OK I may have got that completely wrong but BTTF2 was also a cinematic masterpiece.

breadcrumb

With the help of my 4 year old son who was desperate to see it finished we completed Optimus Prime tonight…

PXL_20240124_190027295~2

Still his accessories to do.

I loved this build proper nostalgia blast, even the build manual is nice to flick through. 

Ambrose

I’ve just finished building this Defender, mega fun. I’m planning to fit lights tomorrow and then think about motorising it perhaps using this from Amazon:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Control-Upgrade-42110-Defender-Included/dp/B0CDH1G5G9/ref=asc_df_B0CDH1G5G9/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=676315319711&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17164432622278754861&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045391&hvtargid=pla-2200477568360&mcid=acdf51aef9123db59d5925b19940033b&th=1

Has anyone got any advice to offer before I go for it?
    Cheers, Ambrose

DSC_0616

spacemonkey

Motorising Lego seems to be very hit and miss – less of the former, lots of the latter. Stock Lego motors are often crap/clunky/underpowered, and of courses there’s lot of sh1t Chinese stuff doing the rounds.

I did look into Buwizz 2-3 years ago but the price put me off.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Lots of the Senna McLaren doing the rounds on social media yesterday for release on 1st March.
    Looks lovely but £70 seems a bit steep for the relatively small size of it.
    lego senna

soundninjauk

Near enough 700 pieces in there though, plus the licensing must cost a bit. Also I don’t reckon it’ll be absolutely tiny given the minifig for scale.

I won’t be getting it though, F1 isn’t my thing.

mrchrispy

dune ornithopter released to day. mine arrives Tuesday (Amazon pre-order sometime back in November)

let me hear a woop woop

soundninjauk

Nice! It’s absolutely on my list but I’m going to hold off for a while since the Pirates of Barracuda Bay I’ve been jonesing after ever since I got back into Lego and that I recently ordered off BrickLink is coming today.

allfankledup

Tesco are doing the very nice Bonsai Tree for £30 instead of £45 if you have a club card. Built by the youngest last night, it’s now in the bathroom where it might survive – unlike other houseplants my wife tends to.

Tesco occasionally do some big money off type deals (Dom’s Charger for example, just before Xmas) – so it’s worth a potter down their aisles sometimes…

stwhannah

F9160566-3F79-4A29-B9A6-49C2A518A621IMG_5862After a week of trying to find the bits for the sets we have (to get rid of them) I might never want to see any Lego ever again. Top picture is after a week of sorting – it’s now possible to walk across the living room, and to sit without a tray of Lego on your knee.

Merak

Apologies if this has bin done.

Screenshot_20240204-104539

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just bought the wife a dozen roses for our anniversary. Watching her build them is painful though. 😉

Cougar

I know it’s sad but I really, really want this.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/red-london-telephone-box-21347

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.