• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Daffy

Merak

They are awesome but where do you store them?

The SSD fits quite nicely on a shelf, but the voluptuous rear of the ISD means that it can’t really go anywhere. I’ll keep it for a month and then have to sell it on.

Rich_s

Subscriber
    That’s awesome! But how do the orchids fair on that windowsill?

Fine in late Autumn to early spring, but need moved out of direct sunlight for the remaining 6-7 months of the year. I’m slowly nurturing the one on the right back to health after it contracted some form of orchid plague.

scuttler

ISS doesn’t do it for me (except the mini Space Shuttle). I remember seeing a custom-built ISS at a Lego display and it was a fair bit bigger than that.

(Saturn V, Lunar Module and LL924 owner)

Rich_s

That ISS leaves me cold. It’s like this from the film Big…

null

tomhoward

*Patiently awaits larger scale space shuttle, SRB’s and fuel tank*

That said, the ISS looks ok to have on a shelf somewhere.

stumpyjon

Finished the Star Destroyer

Don’t think I can pick it up, pretty sure it won’t make it out of the garage in one piece and there’s nowhere on the house to display it anyway.
    Here’s a pic of it next to the super star destroyer to give some scale.

Couple more detail shots.

54 inches long, took 2 months to build and will take about 2 weeks to take apart and put away.

tomhoward

Aye, quite good that…

Cougar

That is incredible, fair play.

stumpyjon

Not sure what to build next, already built the train from Solo, maybe should build some track for it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Stumpjon, in best Cyclon Voice ” a Colonial Battlestar, named Galactica”

Either the Original or the Miniseries version but I expect to see retractable hanger decks if you build the later.

stumpyjon

Hadnt thought non Star Wars but that may have merit, need a bit more planning i think, very different and more complex shape.

scuttler

Was going through some photos following a W7-W10 laptop transfer last night and found these so IN YOUR FACE STUMPYJON!

(I have to ask though, did you use any of the Star Destroyer instructions for inspiration / insight or did you literally design and build it from scratch?)

zilog6128

I can proudly say that I never had Duplo; my parents just put me straight onto the hard stuff 😂

scuttler

That’s the kids honest.

Me – I built this when it came out. I was just about to turn four. Fortunately I didn’t keep the strength of the habit up too much or that’d be my custom Star Destroyer up there ^^^

tandemwarriors

Oooooh, childhood flashback!  That fork truck was my first Technic 🙂

supernova

Mine too!

supernova

I used to have a big box of technic Lego that I used to experiment with to make walking / crawling / climbing motorised models but it’s long since been given away. I’d quite like to have another go at that kind of thing – what sets would people recommend to give you the best quantity and variation of bits for that kind of self building?

stumpyjon

Scuttled, built from scratch, I did use pics from the internet for surface detail etc. but the structure was all mine design.

scuttler

Scuttled, built from scratch, I did use pics from the internet for surface detail etc. but the structure was all mine design.

Probably worth putting on the “What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)” megathread. That ain’t no ordinary build-by-numbers.

bigdaddy

@stumpyjon that is brilliant! Particularly as you designed it yourself. Can’t believe you’ll just dismantle it again, seems a real shame. Have Lego seen it? bet they’d be interested – that must be a Master Builder standard project surely?

stumpyjon

To be fair it’s probably not master builder standard, its not geometrical correct internally, its surprising how flexible Lego is. If I left it built up it’ll only get dusty and be in the way. I built an imperial base come desert / forest planet before. Pics below.

Cougar

😲

Holy shitballs dude.

nixie

Just wow!

scuttler

Mother Hubbard!

Is that one thing?^^^

To be fair it’s probably not master builder standard

Nah just Modest Builder standard.

Absolutely mega.

stumpyjon

Yep, all on a sheet of 8 x 4 ply. Started off on the coffee table in the lounge, migrated to the dining and then got exiled to the garage.

peteimpreza

@stumpyjohn

Bows humbly in front of the Lego dude.

Awesome

TedC

@stumpyjohn

Cap well and truly doffed.

Merak

Sweet Baby Jesus!

big_scot_nanny

Holy shitballs, stumypjon! That’s is absolutely stunning, all of it. (Though i do love the Duplo falcon, beaut!)

Daffy

JESUS! You must have more LEGO than LEGO!

Even if I used every piece of LEGO I own, I wouldn’t be able to make a fraction of that and certainly not in the right colours!

That must’ve taken 6 months at least?!

bigdaddy

Woah! That is unbelievable! My cap is doffed too, you must spend hours and hours doing that! And then take it all apart again? I guess that’s what Lego is designed for…

stumpyjon

The real question is what next? Liking the battlestar idea, complex build though. Maybe a Death Star trench run, I’ve got the UCS RED 5 X wing and tie fighter and plenty of grey lego, should be a simpler yet large build. Any other ideas?

Cougar

If you’re going the BSG route, how about a colonial Viper?

Or there’s always Star Trek, you’ve half a dozen Enterprises to go at. Getting structural integrity into the nacelle supports might be a bit of a challenge mind. Or, ooh, a LEGO Defiant could be awesome!

Cougar

Oh, I know, how about a LEGO Serenity?

Cougar

TL;DR – spaceships are cool.

null

stumpyjon

Think Enterprises are a bit curvy, bit like Mon Calamari cruisers, I prefer angles.

Cougar

Viper, then. Flex your SNOT muscles.

Daffy

Borg Cube.

Daffy

Klingon Bird of Prey.

stumpyjon

Lots of SNOT in the ISD. Borg cube would be awesome.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.