• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • jamj1974

*In awe of stumpyjon*

*Bows in respect*

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Apparently Lego are considering this one for production
    https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/tesla-cybertruck-lego-kit-1536x855.jpg

zilog6128

haha that’s cool, not really a fan of non-minifig-scale vehicles though.

Good thing they’ve made this a bit smaller scale mind! Tedious build though with all the identical solar panels!

faustus

Wow, this is probably the best thread on STW! I’m no lego expert, so I need a little help with something.

My 2 year old has a load of Duplo, and I just lost a couple of his favourite figures, a pair of divers from a new set that features a submarine and underwater stuff. I’ve looked at bricklinks, but anyone know where/if I can buy individual characters, particularly these ones? I’ve checked ebay and there were some in Germany but £10 postage! Any online shops I could go to would be useful, preferably cheaper postage! the set code is 10910 but no idea about the figures…

Thanks

andyr
    Free Member

Go here and enter the set number.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/service/replacementparts

Can buy the pieces from Lego which has been handy for me when my youngest went through a stage of flushing his older brothers lego down the pan…

nixie

Using andyr’s link your looking at £8.61 for the two divers + shipping and that doesn’t include the fins or camera! The whole set is only £12 so its probably not worth the effort vs just buying the whole lot again.

faustus

Thanks for the help, really useful to know! As it turns out, the items have been found, so I don’t need to fork out. But there’s another kid on the way so i’m sure there will be some loses to come…

one_bad_mofo
    jamj1974

I’m just going to leave this here…

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a46a2b67-ab27-4b9a-bc5e-0aaacd770892

Sould be some cool with an interior too!

GeForceJunky

This was by far the worst build I have ever done, it’s certainly not a Lego quality kit. Lots of floating parts,mistakes in the instructions and required a fairly substantial rebuild with mods to make the tower stand up straight. Looks good on the shelf now. I did have the Apollo hanging from my ceiling but it was so fragile I was always scared one knock and it would have been in many pieces on the floor!

tomhoward

Tbh when I saw all the FB ads for that kit, I assumed it was a scam, so at least the kits do exist, if of questionable quality.

Did the ISS a couple of weeks ago. Super fragile, and the stand isn’t great. Not one for playing with, or a particularly interesting build tbh.

tomhoward

Zoom zoom…

grahamt1980

I like the look of that, however am currently building the defender, and am waiting for the top gear rally car to turn up so I can drive it round the house once built

colournoise

tomhoward
    Zoom zoom

For one fleeting moment as I scrolled down, I thought that kit was going to be this…

Am disappointed.

Depending on how locked down we get, I might genuinely be tempted to get one and try to mod it.

FB-ATB

Re Starbug posted previously, what’s the betting stumpyjon is working on a matching scale Red Dwarf already.

amodicumofgnar

Lot of inspiring builds. Crikey Stummpyjon – those are just amazing.

Apart from a bit of uncle duty I’ve not been near lego for decades.

Probably still got the Massey 135 in a loft somewhere, not boxed but the blocks.

I have been tempted by the:

Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC VC

A simple want from me

grahamt1980

If you can find 2 of the claas ones for less than stupid money then let me know and I will have the second.

spacemonkey

Has anyone been messing around with the Buwizz motors?

I love the idea of modding some of my existing kits and getting in some new ones, but not sure I’ll have the patience/dedication to see it through. Monkey jnr happy enough making town stuff again but I want POWER.

FTR I have a modded Traxxis Summit so the bar for RC—style Lego vehicles is unfairly high.

stumpyjon

FB-ATB to paraphrase another Lego master builder (Lego Batman) I only work in light grey and very dark grey.

Still trying to build track for my Solo heist train, unfortunately life and a new job are taking up precious building hours. Off to finish painting the decking.

Next big project might be a death star hanger and corridors (might have been playing too much Battlefront, quite like the blockade runner lodged in the death star.

spacemonkey

@stumpyjon can I come round and play at your house?

stumpyjon

@Spacemonkey, not until you’re antibody positive.

plus-one

however am currently building the defender,

Cracking build the defender reckon my favorite to date. Rapidly running out of lego I want to build. I prefer the cars and I’ve done loads of them.

Currently building the Harley Davidson fat boy 🙂

erictwinge
    Free Member

ill take the defender off anyone who wants to sell…?

no stock anywhere…

grahamt1980

Just built the defender. Has anyone else had any issues with the gearing and the engine pistons?
    I seem to have a bit of feedback that makes it all lock up when the hi/lo ratio is engaged.
    Would like some ideas before I take the whole thing apart again

FB-ATB

There was a fair bit of green on your forest planet!

stumpyjon

Busted, there was quite a bit of pink on the inside of the buildings and star destroyer as well, needed to use every brick.

jamj1974

My son is getting into Lego Technic. Ordered some in bulk from a couple of eBay stores (Specified as sanitised in these worrying times.). Other than that – any recommendations for reasonably priced sets with a good part selection..?

superdan

spacemonkey

Has anyone been messing around with the Buwizz motors?

Hi, I did this, with the 42077 rally car.

Picked up second hand for about £30.

It’s been pretty interesting as a project honestly, I managed to cram two L-motors under the lego V6 in the back, and a servo under the dash. The stock kit suspension is pretty hard, so, I experimented with adjusting the geometry a bit to get that rally-car nose to the sky when accelerating feel. It’s entertainingly rubbish handling. Even with the BuWizz in the front it understeers a bit, but has lots of torque. Key is making sure the driveline to the diff is all fairly captive, so that you don’t lose any gears under torque.

Donuts aren’t a problem on our kitchen floor:
    Link to video here

If you use the Brick Controller 2 app, you can control the BuWizz with a Bluetooth game controller, rather than touchscreen, which is a lot more satisfying. I’m using an 8BitDo SF30 Pro.

I’m keen to have a go at building something like the tracked racers using some bits I’ve got laying around.

diz

Has anyone fitted a lighting kit in the defender?

nixie

I’ve also tried motorising 42077 but with normal Lego bits. It’s so slow. Mainly due to the ir receivers current limiting I think. Managed to get two of the higher power version to try. If that’s still rubbish then want a buzz wizz.

superdan

The ludicrous mode is a lot of fun, but doesn’t last all that long. I guess it’s a fairly heavy model. Am I right in thinking that the Lego IR control doesn’t give proportional steering?

nixie

Correct. It’s on or off steering.

LeeW

@Jamj1974

I bought some of the Technic stuff off Wish, and for the money, it’s brilliant. The same as Lego in every way, fits together perfectly and is interchangeable with proper Lego.

Unless you’re bothered by it not being Lego, it’s a great buy.

I got a 1500 piece Porsche 919 Le Man car for £38. There’s no parts missing, very detailed instructions and a great looking model at the end which is about 50cm long. I have a Mack truck and Trailer ready to go next week.

I’ll post pics if you’re/anyone is interested?

jamj1974

Pics would be great!

Northwind

I’ve had a couple of 3rd party kits too- always stuff I would have bought genuine ones of, if they were still available. And they’ve been great tbh, as you’d expect really as they’re very direct ripoffs. Not sure I’d buy from Wish though as they’re bloody awful

One thing that the copyists seem to be getting more into is releasing kits of MOCs, that’s pretty awesome- there’s loads of stuff I’d like to build but there’s no way I can buy them brick by brick

erictwinge
    Free Member

thanks! smyths were definitely out of stock at time of posting…

LeeW
    LeeW

@Jimj1974.

There’s instructions to install an electric motor and battery pack which is cool. Battery goes under the bonnet with dedicated space underneath for the wiring.

The pistons move in the engine plus the differential, steering and suspension all work. The red selector allows you to either open the doors or the engine bay cover by rotating the black gear next to it.

I have some of the Friends style stuff too, only issue was Sebastian the Crab/Lobster looks more like a Scorpion! But for £18, I wasn’t complaining.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.