Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,774 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • zilog6128

LightMyBricks seems like the high-grade option, take a look at the instruction manuals online, some models have literally hundreds of photos showing just how to route the wires, etc. In some cases they also supply extra bricks where needed to get a neat installation. They are an Aus company (although have a UK distributor) so the price is way higher than the Amazon/eBay alternatives. Looks like they’ve put it loads of work though making the kits look as good as they can & also are easy to install.

Whether the Chinese options are as good I don’t know. I wonder if they’ve just ripped off LMB’s instructions etc and are just selling the electronics dirt cheap basically, or if they’ve actually figured anything out for themselves.

Daffy

A tale of 2 Blockade Runners 2001-2019:

plus-one

Half way through my landrover build. Really enjoying it and very intricate(which I like) gears/suspension/steering etc are a joy to behold. Pity it’s all getting covered up in next too phases of build.

northernmatt

I had the same feeling when doing the GT3RS, you spend hours building a massively intricate chassis, gearbox, engine, suspension and then you just cover it all up. It’s true to reality though as there’s not many cars driving around with their oily bits on show.

greenskin
    Free Member

Lights should be here today, I’ll post up when I’m done.

@plusone
    I can’t wait to get mine and make a star, looks mega detailed and fun. Love the update, thanks!

greenskin
    Free Member

Fairly quick installation, few routing issue that I’m not happy with so I’ll probably partly disassemble to get it really neat.

bigdaddy

Ooh, I like that Greenskin! Might have to invest in a kit for my Bentley…

northernmatt

Is that the Lightailing kit? I don’t see the need for all the extra blue LEDs dotted about.

greenskin
    Free Member

It is, I’m happy with it, I like the bumper options, the LMB kit has under body lighting on the sides as well. I prefer this, but to each their own.

Cougar
    tomhoward

Book 1 of 2, bag 1 of 6, step 1 of 1000 of the liebherr…

tomhoward

Finished! Surprisingly not that complex a build, only slight issue is that I’ve done the test, but now the hub won’t connect to my phone again, for example to test it again. It gets to the ‘connecting’ screen, the status bar fills up, then tells me to turn it on again. Updated to latest firmware, running latest iOS. Anyone know of any gremlins?

tomhoward

Further investigation reveals I’m just impatient, and have to wait till I’ve finished building it to play with it. 😤😭

doomanic

Any news of a model of the Mandalorian’s ship?

sirromj

Haven’t found the time to continue with an alternative build of the 42054 CLAAS XERION 5000 TRAC VC which I started months ago. Instead have been playing with my 3 year old and his Duplo. We mainly build “pylons” but sometimes they’re “wind turbines”. Here’s one of our more random collaborative efforts. I usually go for more symmetry.
    duplotower
    Quite often I’ll build a tower for him after he’s in bed…

LAT

Love the tower. That is what I’m usually building at the moment with my 3 yo. some of the other stuff posted is ok, too. The self-made star destroyer a page or so back comes to mind.

Yesterday, we went to Legoland in Carlsbad. I’d been wanting to go to Legoland for most of my life and now I have. It was a good day out. The train in the Duplo area was just like the one at home! And they had the 1:1 scale Bugatti on display. Fun day, but possibly not great value for money.

tomhoward

Bag 2 done…

Have a feeling that’s the easy ‘calm before the storm’ of the arm to come…

Cougar

I’ve just thought,

Doesn’t “Liebherr” translate literally as “man-love”?

tomhoward

‘Dear Sir’ according to google…

Carbis

Out of interest, what do the expert builders on here use for storage? Currently our lego is mixed randomly in boxes, so I’m looking for advice how best to sort and store. Then I can start looking at some of the sets here.

jamj1974

Love the tower!

swedishmetal
    Free Member

A friend of mine has the Liebherr and has done some motorised mods to it, I’ll try to find details.

richmtb

I’ve not treated myself to a new Technic set for ages.

Last one was the stunt RC tracked thing, which is really good fun especially if you swap the tracks for tyres and change the gearing!

Recently its mainly been Lego Friends with my daughter who is 5 and just graduating from Duplo.

I’ve got to say I’m really impressed by the Friends range, I’d read some sniffy stuff in the press about how its too gendered but my daughter loves it and I actually think the quality of the finished models are really good and there is nothing wrong with adding a bright colour pallet to some of the builds.

northernmatt

@Carbis we have one of the Ikea Trofast wall mounted ones (6 drawers) with lids on for bigger bits and some stacking plastic boxes for smaller bits. All depends on how sorted you want it to be. Some folk on the Lego faceache groups have things sorted to the individual part/colour.

stumpyjon

Carbis, you asked!

I like the organisers with separate boxes inside, that way you can tip out the box to find piece and scoop the rest back in. Organisers with fixed dividers are a pain.

Star Destroyer is progressing, top side is now plated out.

Ended up rebuilding some of the bottom as well. Now started on the bridge, it’s a bit suck it and see at the moment, think it needs some rework. Difficult with all the different planes, Lego isn’t good at compound angles.

donks
    Free Member

Just seen somewhere Lego are bringing out a nearly 4000 piece scale version of Old Trafford stadium…. For the love of god.

mulacs

Stumpyjon- wow. Just wow. In awe. That thing needs is own build thread. Incredible

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

SJ that is A-MAZE-ING!

northernmatt

@donks 4000 piece and £250 which makes it about £70 more than the equivalent piece count modular building (Assembly Square £180) but still £50 less than the Disney Castle. So Man Utd licensing is clearly cheaper then Disney but still bloody expensive for what it is.

Harry_the_Spider

My wife’s build.

Houses

Shop interior

scuttler

Did anyone see the model of the London department store Liberty? Astonishing attention to detail. If you’re in London check it out.

https://www.libertylondon.com/uk/features/design-and-living/liberty-in-lego.html

pictonroad

Those buildings are brilliant harry the spider. You NEED to get some LED lights in there, it makes a massive difference.

If anyone is after the Technics land rover I’m selling mine now I’ve had the fun of building it.

tomhoward

All done! Minifig not included, used for scale…

Serving peas at tea time should be a bit more interesting!

Was a surprisingly easy build to be fair, all the hoses are non functioning, so much easier than the merc dump truck, and no big complex gearboxes, like the Porsches or Bugatti. It’s broken down into 4 parts, tracks/body/boom/accessories, and the accessories took the most time/faff.

stumpyjon

Not pneumatic then, still it’s a big kit, nice and chunky.

Cougar

This is genius.

Daffy

Merak

Daffy wins the internet today.

They are awesome but where do you store them?

stumpy01

^^^^^^ 🙂

Well, that’s the dining table out of action for the foreseeable!

Rich_s

That’s awesome! But how do the orchids fair on that windowsill?

scuttler

Imperial bosses will shit ’emselves when they look behind and see the massive triffid being chased by the metal and glass box on wheels.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,774 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.