Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 168 total)
  • Keith Flint – Prodigy
  • jamesy01
    Free Member

Sad times, saw them at the tail end of the 90’s supported by a very young Foo Fighters. Amazing live show…terrifyingly loud at times.
    Think my lunch time daunder will be supported by Music for the Jilted Generation.
    RIP

ads678

His and Leroys dancing in this video, modeled mine when I was younger. I still can’t help my self, even at 42, when ever a Prodigy track comes on especially if i’ve had a few….

retro83
    Free Member

mr potatohead

I can think of a smashing song for his cremation

Death of the prodigy dancer 😢

lowey

Gutted. They provided the soundrtrack to many a hazy happy night

chakaping
    Free Member

Sad news. A real character and a nice guy by all accounts.

Is he one of the first “rave” generation to go?

Guru Josh a few years ago.

Gary Haisman (D-Mob) last year.

Probably more too. Brandon Block is still going strong though, somehow.

russyh
    Free Member

Jeez gutted to read this earlier. Big part of my teen years were spent playing prodigy songs. Devastated.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Its rare I’ll bother to comment on a celebrity death but my heart sank a bit when that popped up on my phone earlier.

Started listening to them as a teenager when Charly came out and I’m pretty sure they are a bit responsible for some of the ringing in my ears now. Massive petrol head too, real shame 😥

edlong
    Free Member

Yeah, just cross posted. Very early, but it sounds like suicide

There’s always one, isn’t there?

I’m sure you’re very proud of yourself getting in with that so early, and doubtless you’ll be terribly smug if it turns out that your speculation happens to be on target.

stevied
    Free Member

Shit! Like many here it seems, their music was a real part of my life in the 90’s.
    RIP 🙁

BruceWee

It’s not often I’m genuinely gutted when I hear about a celebrity passing. Feels like I’m going to be glum for a while.

edlong
    Free Member

Sad news. A real character and a nice guy by all accounts.

Is he one of the first “rave” generation to go?

Guru Josh a few years ago.

Gary Haisman (D-Mob) last year.

Probably more too. Brandon Block is still going strong though, somehow.

Mark Bell (LFO) has gone.

slowoldman

Newsthump have come over all serious for once.

But a fire, once started, lights those who are warmed by its flames – and it is their duty to bear it forwards even when the spark has died, because in it we live forever.

cb

Seems official now – took his own life

trumpton
    Free Member

**** no. This is just awful. Life long Prodigy fan here. RIP Keith. Hope it was not suicide but that’s irrevalent really. He’s gone ; (

Tom-B
    Free Member

Real shame, so young.

Although apparently the life expectancy of a pro musician is late 50’s to early 60’s 😮

Maybe I need to reconsider my career choice.

Haze

Never a massive fan but remember catching them at Glastonbury ’95, NME stage I think…blown away by their energy and performance, always had a bit of time them after that.

Sad news.

numbnut
    Free Member

shit 🙁
    I remember first seeing them at Dance ’91 at Pickets Lock where they filmed bits of the Charly video.
    I’ll be dusting off the old vinyl tonight….

jekkyl

Liam has confirmed on instagram that it is suicide..what a shame. Properly epic music and live shows.

doom_mountain

The first gig I ever went to was the Prodigy in Wolverhampton in 96.

My older brother took me, as I was too young at the time. I had an amazing, formative experience.

RIP Keith.

bazzer
    Free Member

@dabaldie

Was it the Academy you saw them ?

If so, I was there 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

remember catching them at Glastonbury ’95, NME stage

Me too. Great show.

🙁

rmacattack
    Free Member

Sad to hear , a young age. Will be blasting out a few tunes today. Suicide between 30-50 in men is an overlooked statistic.

nuke

Terrible news…the band through my uni years and on. Gutted 😟

retro83
    Free Member

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not really my cup of tea but certainly I found my foot tapping more than once. Came across as a bit of a legend and music will be lessened by his death.

hatter

When I was 15 I owned one album, Jilted Gen. Hugh part of growing up.

I have thier first 10 singles on 12″ they are getting a proper rinsing when I get home.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Such sad news. Like others a defining part of my youth.

senorj

Music for the jilted generation has to be in my top 100 of all time.
    Very sad.
    I was also at the 95 Glastonbury. I’m amazed I can remembertbh ,as it was particularly messy.

whitestone
    Free Member

Somewhat after my time but, jeez, 49, that’s no age.

RIP.

scuttler

Omen to a full-sized festival crowd. Seismic.

grahamt1980

Gutted beyond belief.
    their warriors dance gig at mk remains and always will be one of the greatest nights I have had.
    seeing 80000 people who are only there for the prodigy going mental at the music was just amazing

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

“Experience: Expanded” just getting louder and **** louder in my office today. Tough shit, neighbours.

Let’s jet out, we’ll cruise at hyperspeed
    I got the beat, I got the beat
    And that’s all we need check it out!

verses

Saw them at various festivals over the years, and ‘Fat of the Land’ and ‘The Day is My Enemy’ are regularly on my mp3 player (great to run to!).

Glasto 97, I remember them storming off after some of the crowd threw mud.

Reading 98, they were on before the Beastie Boys, who’d recently (incorrectly?) criticised “Smack my Bitch Up” as being misogynistic (which seemed ironic for the Beasties to complain about) – there was clearly no love lost between both bands.

Can’t remember when I next saw them, possibly a V Festival one year. Whenever it was, I didn’t think it would be the last time.

BoardinBob

There’s always one, isn’t there?

I’m sure you’re very proud of yourself getting in with that so early, and doubtless you’ll be terribly smug if it turns out that your speculation happens to be on target.

🙄

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

F*****g gutted to hear the news.
    Only last week I was thinking I need to get their latest album.
    Saw them live at V fest some years ago.
    The group I was with all wanted to see Oasis, so I left them to it and had a great time watching
    Prodigy. Such energy, the place was bouncing!!

RIP Keith.

aweeshoe
    Free Member

That’s awfully sad to hear, though I can understand why. It’s easy enough to say people should talk but when are we going to listen instead of dismissing people who are depressed as high maintenance?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Wasn’t a huge fan but saw them live a few times and had a lot of fun to their music.

However, I do think that the inner cover of Music For The Jilted Generation is right up there with the worst artwork ever to grace a record sleeve. I know it was a different, more idealistic time but my god this is awful
    music for the jilted generation inner sleeve

sockpuppet
    Klunk
    Free Member

RIP Keith

trumpton
    Free Member

there’s nothing wrong with that artwork. It’s about the criminal justice bill, which made outside raves illegal.

Lets not destroy this thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Keith Flint – Prodigy’ is closed to new replies.