Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)
  • Keith Flint – Prodigy
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Apparently found dead today.

BoardinBob

Yeah, just cross posted. Very early, but it sounds like suicide 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Only 49. A lot of the music of my youth there (not sure what that says about me, mind!).

willard

Holy crap! No way.

That is really surprising and sad news. The Prodigy was very much the music of my youth.

geex
    Free Member

**** off

Nooooooooo!!!!!

:'(

[EDIT] gonna head out on my roadbike to Jilted Generation. Wish I had a J

Caher

Wow – the most exciting thing for me in the 90s. Shocked.

tenfoot

Oh cobblers. This is very sad news

binners

Very sad

Only this week I was introducing 14 year old Binnerette No 1 to the Prodigy back catalogue. She absolutely loved it. Watching the videos for Firestarter and Breathe they still look as refreshingly unhinged as they did back in the day

🙁

retro83
    Free Member

😢

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

I still have vivid memories of seeing the Prodigy on a stage in the middle of a Universe rave in Wiltshire back in 92/93 – the sun had started to come up behind the stage when their set started at 4 ish in the morning and their opening track was an atmospheric / ambient number.

A great genre-defining band and performer – what a loss.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Literally just read this as breaking news on BBC, loved Breathe and Firestarter back in my clubbing days.

Rip 🙁

woody2000

Arse 🙁

swavis

I grew up listening to the Prodigy, very sad news indeed 🙁

cubist
    Free Member

Been watching them live since the days of their harlequin jump suits.

Such a sad loss.

kimbers

fk

mashr

Another “music of my youth” person here 🙁

Started with Fat of the Land before going back to Music for the Jilted Generation. Still 2 great albums

Caher

I brought my rather formal Swiss girlfriend and her mates when they played in Zurich and they described their music as being like a fight in a kitchen. I was busy in the mosh pit.

onehundredthidiot

My S3 class we’re just finishing making fire extinguishers when the news came through. Feeling responsible.

jekkyl

Accidental overdose? Partied too hard for his heart?

DezB
    Free Member

🙁

convert

🙁

Drac

49 ****!

Love their music fantastic live.

I’ve not got some playing while I work.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

arson?
    (sorry)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ahhhhh bugger……

RIP you brilliant little firestarter…

beaker

Gutted, I was 10 or 11 when I first heard their music (I turned 40 last year). I saw them once about ten years go and thought they were brilliant, my ears were ringing for a couple days after. RIP

cb

Many fallings out with housemates cos they had to be played LOUD! Sad news

handybar
    Free Member

RIP Keith.

sirromj

Might have to listen to no good start the dance quite loud later.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sad sad news indeed.

He certainly carved out his own path, and music will be better for his energy and vibrancy for many years to come.

Sad news.

cheers_drive

Nooooooooooooooo. Part of the soundtrack to my university years

ads678

**** no! Thats properly done my head in. Can’t believe it, i’m gutted. RIP Keith.

🙁

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Sad news. Got into them during Experience but loved Jilted. Voodoo People still gets played loud on many Friday nights at my place. Kid’s ‘love’ it.

I saw him solo live in a small bar in about 2004. Great energy.

Is he one of the first “rave” generation to go? Nobody knows the long term effects of all that partying but we might be finding out soon. Pure speculation and not my place to say.

aide

Gutted. First seen them at the second T in the park (1995?) Been a fan ever since. RIP Keith.

Harry_the_Spider

Awww shit.

CountZero

Never a huge fan, but I still appreciated what they did, and I’ve never tired of hearing Firestarter. Made a point of seeing them at the IoW Festival several years ago, and it was mental, I had to retreat from the front, back to the sound desk, just too old to take the battering! It’s a sad loss, my condolences to his family and friends.
    I’ll refrain from conjecture over the circumstances, much better to wait for information from reliable sources.
    RIP Firestarter. 🙁

teenrat

A real shame as he was a lovely guy. I met him twice at the Isle of man tt. Had time for a chat and selfie with everyone, especially if you had a dog as he loved them.

dabaldie
    Free Member

Seen them 3 times, Saw them twice in the last 18 months in Plymouth, a smallish venue and absolutely mental.
    A fight in a kitchen was a good way to describe it, I got pushed to the floor several times but never actually reached the floor as I was picked up on the way down!! Although I did get a warm “beer” poured down my back at the end… (hint: it probably wasn’t beer), but I didn’t care as I was soaked in sweat and buzzing.

Right to the front both gigs, but best memory was being dragged up onto stage by Keith in Ritzy’s in Swansea whilst at Uni during their Experience Tour. The gig wasn’t even properly advertised and I just queued for a normal night out.. little did I know. Life long fan ever since.
    Some friends met Keith after the last gig and described him as incredibly down to earth and normal. I was gutted I didn’t hang around with them.
    RIP Keef

dannyh
    Free Member

RIP.

For the sheer immediacy of their music, the Prodigy are the standout band of the 90s.

If you were in a club or at a gig and their music came on, you were immediately in the moment – no choice!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I can think of a smashing song for his cremation

scud
    Free Member

That’s shite, remember seeing the Prodigy about 1990/1991 at a rave called Rave Nation or Ravealation (surprisingly memory is a little hazy!), always had a manic energy about them especially on all those early Suburban Bass records, covering your walls at home with flyers and going to the record shops to see what flyers were in the window to see where you’d be going that weekend!

49 is no age at all, makes you feel a bit mortal..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Keith Flint – Prodigy’ is closed to new replies.