Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

very nice, liking all of those 🙂 Where’ve you gone Drac, come back and join in.

jimjam
    Free Member

Well he’s probably busy on full mod alert what with every other thread this week being about unwanted sexual advances, prostitution and…er tumble dryers.

jimjam
    Free Member

Gotta go cut down some trees and then I have a wedding to attend tomorrow so just gonna post up this quick Hellboy with horns.

seosamh77
    Free Member

brilliant! think I’m going to go back in to scribbly mode(not that I’ve ever really left it! 😆 ), learn dimensions and different positions/angles of heads and bodies and the like for a bit, a wee bit of learning to do there for me. Really need to learn to do hair aswell.

Drac

very nice, liking all of those Where’ve you gone Drac, come back and join in.

Still watching. I might have a little go later today if I get the chance.

jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

I’m going to go back in to scribbly mode(not that I’ve ever really left it! ), learn dimensions and different positions/angles of heads and bodies and the like for a bit, a wee bit of learning to do there for me. Really need to learn to do hair aswell.

I’ve got a great book called Anatomy for the artist by Jeno Barcsay. Definitely worth grabbing if you see a copy on ebay or something. Beyond that just copy photographs from the net or magazines, and draw them out from the skeleton first.

EDIT: What I mean is copy the figure as you normally would but then look at the pose and draw the skeleton into the outline of the figure, and any combination of the above.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cool, will have a look, that alphonso dunn channel i posted up pages ago is great, got a lot of idea of where to go from him too. As with every, it’s just practice, commitment and time.

seosamh77
    Free Member
    jimjam
    Free Member

Well you can’t go wrong at that price. I paid the princely sum of £15 for a second hand hardback copy. I can’t remember ow long ago that was, I only remember haggling with a cigar smoking old woman who wouldn’t budge 🙂

TwirlipoftheMists

Inktober on singletrack. Brill! Here’s my latest:

It’s Reginald Balustrade breaking the 5 minute bus dash.

seosamh77
    Free Member

very good twirlip, like that, keep them coming! 🙂

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

I like how dynamic the runner looks without needing any other visual cues other than the body positioning and hair.

Attempt at loosening up and drawing from imagination, trying to recreate a scene I saw on TV with forest, mist bands running across, mountains behind then clouds and sky. Not happy with hatching for the sky and think the most needed to look “looser”

TwirlipoftheMists

I’ve been trying to draw from the imagination. Not the runner, that’s from a photo of Roger Bannister, but on other days. I’m finding it takes a lot of research and reference.

This was day 4: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ1J9kMl-J5/?taken-by=thatmattwooding

I needed a few pics of longships, a few of the sea and a few of the appropriate dinosaurs.

It’s hard work but it’s out of my comfort zone which is kind of the point I guess.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

That’s great, could be a great cover for some of the books (beast quest, rick riordan) my lad reads!

Euro
    Free Member

Just catching up with the thread. It’s bloody great 8) Find myself humming the gallery music from Take Hart while browsing 😆
    Annoyed i missed the skulls phase – i heart drawing skulls 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

Shut up and draw a skull 😈

redthunder
    Free Member

Had to colour it in 🙂

I think I will be calling it …

“Tipping Point”

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZnQjQt]Sptifire v Doodlebug[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Cougar

I think you did right to colour it in. IMVHO that’s exponentially better than the first draft you posted.

Drac

Cool!

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks guys 🙂

Might throw a watercolour wash on it next….but it’s on used a4 phootcopy paper.

All part of the fun 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

I would just add that I really loved that Viking boat and pliosaur image.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cantbikewanttobike – Member
    Attempt at loosening up and drawing from imagination, trying to recreate a scene I saw on TV with forest, mist bands running across, mountains behind then clouds and sky. Not happy with hatching for the sky and think the most needed to look “looser”

I actually really like that, canny quite make out if some of the trees are trees or people running about the hills, quite interesting, scribbles are awesome, and other peoples eye’s won’t always see what you see. there’s a weird duality to it, in a good way.

+1 on viking boat, post up people, don’t leave your stuff hidden behind links!

colour a good choice on the spitfire too.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Biro

Euro
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

Shut up and draw a skull

The plan was to draw one when i got home last night but i couldn’t find any paper! So another early morning work doodle i’m afraid. Drawing from memory so it’s not structurally accurate – but that’s half the fun 😀 Took a few pics of the progress but the office is filling up and this is as far as i got….

I love drawing with cheapo bic pens but it’s all to easy to get carried away and end up with a very dark image.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Yer coming on no end can’t bike, try thinking about contrast and light and dark, see how you get on with that. (something I need to consider too.)

Euro that’s a cracking skull. Know exactly what you mean I struggle at times with getting carried away and not doing enough at times. It’s a fine balance.

TwirlipoftheMists

There’s some awesome stuff on this thread.

For the skull drawing people, this is free and pretty snazzy:

Skull Sketcher v2

And for anatomy fun you could do a lot worse than look at the Art Pose mobile apps (android and iOS). I’ve got tonnes of anatomy books (well, maybe 5) but I’ve found these more useful as you can generate the pose you actually want and learn through usage.

http://www.art-pose.com/artpose.html

And finally, this is last nights go at ‘shattered’.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That’s great twirlip, reall like it. It puts me in mind of the Ian Jackson ‘Fighting Fantasy’ books for some reason. Anyone remember those?

Do you illustrate professionally, ie books etc?

yunki
    Free Member

today’s effort

TwirlipoftheMists

Malvern: Ta. I had quite a few of them. I never had the patience to play them all the way through but I think I came closest with Deathtrap Dungeon which was my favourite.

TwirlipoftheMists

Malvern: No. I’m an amateur. Took it up in earnest about 5 years ago. I am very keen though 🙂

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Lacking inspiration decided to have a go at one of the list, here’s “screech” before and after trying to add background

seosamh77
    Free Member

cracking CB. yunki, volume of output we’re looking from you now, take inspiration from CBs improvements!! 🙂

twirl, aye I was thinking that’s good enough to be professional too! 🙂

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Wasn’t happy with the bird so retouched the margins

yunki
    Free Member

yunki, volume of output we’re looking from you now, take inspiration from CBs improvements!!

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆 knew you were at it!

yunki
    Free Member

🙂

holmes81
    Free Member

Cool stuff.

Missed out last night but did a second skull after the first which shows improvement.

Then on Wednesday remembered seeing someone drawing a load of paper planes, so I can’t take credit for the idea, but I came up with this:

Couple of smudges due to it still being wet, and I’ve coloured in the back ground. So may do another one but take my time and not smudge it.

This evening I may give Hellboy a go as I’ve never drawn him either. Although loving Marv, so might give something from Sin City a try. . .

Drac

Ok had a spare 30 minutes or so, don’t laugh.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Nice work drac, definite improvement

scratch
    Free Member

My best effort from this week > Drill

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.