Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • jimjam
    Free Member

WAX CRAYONS!!? Plenty of people know how to work wax crayons in anger but if you read THE RULES you’ll see that only ink is allowed.

redthunder
    Free Member

Relax Jamjim, you can borrow my crayons if you like.

You draw in ink and colour in with what you like :)… up to you.

jimjam
    Free Member

No I’m pretty sure the rules of this highly organised and professional competition prohibit crayons. And thank you but I have my own crayons.

Actually they are my daughter’s disney princess crayons but still. I have them. I have access to crayons.

redthunder
    Free Member

Professional competition Lol.

You should try wax crayons…they are quite liberating 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

Wax crayons lead to colouring pencils. Colouring pencils lead to acrylics. Acrylics lead to airbrushing and airbrushing leads to photoshop.

redthunder
    Free Member

Bit like crack cocaine then 😉

Come people, wanna see more drawings :)….. in whatever 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

jimjam, stop spitting the dummy and post a drawing.

CountZero

seosamh77 – Member
    I can spy tattieshop brushes and masks a mile away..

So can I, it used to be my job. I, however, don’t give a shit what jimjam uses to create his artworks…
    David Hockney uses an iPad to create his works these days, and if it’s good enough for one of the foremost British artists of the 20th century…

Drac

Redthunder your archer reminds me of something from a Fighting Fantasy book, love it

perchypanther
    Free Member

Redthunder your archer reminds me of something from a Fighting Fantasy book, …..

love it? Page 86,
    Hate it? page 42

FTFY

Drac

It’s Ok I kept my thumb on page 17 so it doesn’t count.

redthunder
    Free Member

The was archer was sketched at Druids Field Archers. The subject even reckons his unusual grip have been caputured. I was quite pleased with that final drawing.

Skeletor is a target face as well. At least my A4 drawing will not be shot out 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Just looked up fighting fantasy… similar vain of style 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    seosamh77 – Member
    I can spy tattieshop brushes and masks a mile away..

So can I, it used to be my job. I, however, don’t give a shit what jimjam uses to create his artworks…
    David Hockney uses an iPad to create his works these days, and if it’s good enough for one of the foremost British artists of the 20th century…

I’m not that fussed tbh, it is cheating though.

McHamish
    Free Member

There should be rules for posting things on the internet.

2 issues…

1. Why wasn’t I made aware of this prior to the start of October?
    2. Why have I just spent £40 on pens I don’t need and didn’t want prior to this morning?

I can’t even draw.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Loving the drawings, keep them coming, and as another “I can’t draw” where do all you talented people recommend we start? Is it just a case of start drawing or are there tutorials worth following?

seosamh77
    Free Member
    redthunder
    Free Member

@cantbikewanttobike
    Anyone can draw IMO and never be afraid to try.

I approach most drawings using the break it down into basic object approach.

Good example isTerry Longhurst book “I Can Draw”, if you see it anywhere definatly worth grabbing a copy.

For example:

Draw a Dinosaur

Not my image BTW.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@jimjam, stop sulking and post a drawing already!

@redthunder, really, some people just cant draw.
    I’d probably manage to make a mess of stegosaurus step 1, and by step 4 – well that’d be game over.
    My drawing skills are such that my primary school teacher screwed up my best efforts and threw them out 😥

redthunder
    Free Member

@fifeandy
    Have a go 🙂

I’ll try and find the cat example… its a really good starter for 10.

Drac

Could be worse he could have used a pencil.

I’d probably manage to make a mess of stegosaurus step 1, and by step 4 – well that’d be game over.
    My drawing skills are such that my primary school teacher screwed up my best efforts and threw them out

Snap.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Could be worse he could have used a pencil.I did qualify that one entry! 😆 I just went out and bought some more paper and some proper pens!

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Here’s two of my efforts. i haven’t drawn in years and even then they were more doodles. These were done like most of my STW ramblings….while at work

seosamh77
    Free Member

Next lesson, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUL-3TvzxU

Think i’m getting the bug with this, friday night, the f… 😆 rock n roll!

The shadows and perspective and a bit keek.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

I was also openly mocked by my art teacher for my lack of ability –
    it says a lot about him that my biology teacher taught me more about drawing in a couple of lessons on microscope technique than he did in three years of lessons! Any way here’s my first attempt, sorry it’s pencil, but there was one in the cupboard where the paper is kept!

jimjam
    Free Member

redthunder – Member

@cantbikewanttobike
    Anyone can draw IMO and never be afraid to try.

cantbikewanttobike – Member

it says a lot about him that my biology teacher taught me more about drawing in a couple of lessons on microscope technique

Agree with redthunder that anyone can draw but like every skill some people have a higher aptitude than others. What is confusing or counter intuitive is the fact that the traditional drawing exercises designed to improve ones skill will produce worse results unless practiced for years.

redthunder
    Free Member

@cantbike

Looking good. Everyone can draw and its fun 🙂

Keep them all coming people 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

Me too. I remember others in my o’level art class doing paintings, that to me looked like Monet himself had done them. My teacher came over, looked at mine and said “is that a symbolic style?”, as it looked like a four year old had done it.
    For me drawing is a bit like dancing, some people are clearly very good, but those that aren’t should not be dissuaded from the enjoyment to be had.
    This is a great thread and I would appreciate seeing some of the less accomplished efforts.

Everyone can draw and its fun
    Keep them all coming people

+1

seosamh77
    Free Member

Good or bad is relative and in the eye of the beholder. Some times scribbles are awesome, as evidenced by this thread.

I agree everyone can draw. Just a matter of people believing in themselves and trying not to be too scared to make a mark.

This is a good video about loosening up and scribbling away.

redthunder
    Free Member
    jimjam
    Free Member

Very Nice redthunder.

Full disclosure I coloured the eyes green and added the M shape on his chest in photoshop with the dodge tool. I have never drawn Spawn before so I forgot he had that. I also forgot to add lots of other chains and other details. Frustrating process since the first charcoal sketch was better than the final product.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jimjam, you getting involved in this again? C’mon post up some of your stuff.

Ps I’m only against Photoshop for this as I use it all the time(not really for illustration purposes). I’d just prefer to see actual drawing rather than computery stuff. But batter in, I’m not the thread adjudicator! Don’t let me stop ye. You can clearly draw though, you don’t need to Photoshop! 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

Haha, should have waited before posting that! Good stuff. Welcome back! 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

First sketch…around the horse theme. Was hoping for shying away 🙂
    As you can see they dont always work.

I like the horse body and the head face left bottom right corner…but they never came together on tnis occassion.

KEEP CALM
    Carry on
    Drawing

Not everything works in art 😉 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

🙂

Drac

Well I’m putting my felt tip pens away now. 😯

seosamh77
    Free Member

Get them back out, there are no shyster art teachers here! 😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Liking this thread. And (let’s forget for a moment it’s STW) …

*edit – ok well, it is a challenge and selected prize-winners, but the focus is absolutely the challenge. And ink. Inky ink.

Drac

Haha! If I was to show how bad I am I’d be using my iPad anyway. 😆

redthunder
    Free Member

@jimjam

Outstanding, get you crate of beer for that one.

@drac
    Go on…. go on… have a go.

sirromj

I missed yesterday. Uninspired by swords. Off out shortly to try and find a shy person to pose while I draw them (a self portrait absolutely not being posted online)… Or not.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.