Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

you not ment to actually draw something then post it? Rather than just fire up stuff you’ve previously done?

jimjam
    Free Member

That’s what I did. Today…this evening. Why?

seosamh77
    Free Member

awfy prolific and polished for someone that hasn’t drawn in years, do you work?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

awfy prolific and polished for someone that hasn’t drawn in years, do you work?

I appreciate the compliment but it took less than an hour. Well maybe an hour tops including sketch, photographing it then adding highlights in photoshop and uploading and posting. I work part time – part time lumberjack, part time graphic designer.

I am frustrated by how bad it is to be honest. No false humility or fishing for compliments. If I could find some stuff I did in my 20s I think you would see what I mean.

wallop

adding highlights in photoshop

Wut?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Less than an hour? Very impressive, well done. Video yourself next time, would love to see you work.

Euro
    Free Member

I am frustrated by how bad it is to be honest.

Me too. Nose is good. Zipper with no badge chain? No shoulder eagle, weak Dredd chin. And is he smiling???

5 years in the iso-cube!:P

jimjam
    Free Member

Such a dick 🙂

Cougar

I can’t see that from the sketch, is that only the top half?

jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    Video yourself next time, would love to see you work.

I think the faff of doing that would put me off drawing anything. Check out Ben Oliver on Instagram. Although he is infinitely more talented than me his basic process seems similar enough.

Cougar – Moderator

I can’t see that from the sketch, is that only the top half?

That’s why I ripped the bottom off.

seosamh77
    Free Member

fair do’s think it wouldn’t take 2 secs to stick up a camera in the corner. But no worries, up to yourself, I would like to see it.

You should probably leave the tattieshop aside for this thread btw, no-one else is using it.

Dunno, if I’ll do anymore, might/might no, I tried another couple there and they were **** honking, I just don’t have the patience for drawing anymore, I think that’s why I chucked it in the first place 20 years ago! 😆 I’ll stick to the guitar!

jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

fair do’s think it wouldn’t take 2 secs to stick up a camera in the corner. But no worries, up to yourself, I would like to see it.

Kind of removes the quick sketch aspect of it.

You should probably leave the tattieshop aside for this thread btw, no-one else is using it.

Tons of pros using it for inktober on instagram. I’m not doing anything I can’t do with traditional media, I can just do it faster in p.s and I don’t have to turn my desk into an artists studio.

wallop

But surely doesn’t that completely defeat the object? And this ain’t instagram!

jimjam
    Free Member

wallop – Member

But surely doesn’t that completely defeat the object?

The only object would be to draw more regularly. That’s about it. Probably worth pointing out that “official” inktober is sponsored by Autodesk sketchbook – a pixel graphics software application that features a radial/pie-menu user interface, intended for expressive drawing and concept sketching.

And this ain’t instagram!

Yeah but it’s an instagram hashtag thing. That’s all it is. Odd that you would care either way.

wallop

I don’t care that much – I just can’t post my smile on the internet. Oh wait 🙂

I just thought we were doing our own little STW amateur version of it 🙁

seosamh77
    Free Member

Kind of removes the quick sketch aspect of it.

place phone on shelf, record, press stop, upload video. not exactly a labourious task, considering what else you seem capable of doing in an hour.

Tons of pros using it for inktober on instagram. I’m not doing anything I can’t do with traditional media, I can just do it faster in p.s and I don’t have to turn my desk into an artists studio.

You’re on here though, not in a comp against pro’s. Look at what everyone else is doing. Plenty know how to work tattieshop in anger but aren’t. you should probly upload the original sketch and the tattieshop version.

jimjam
    Free Member

wallop

I don’t care that much – I just can’t post my smile on the internet.

It’s just a drawing exercise. It has no relevance to anything. There are a million different spin offs and variations of it.

wallop

I just thought we were doing our own little STW amateur version of it

You are. Though it’s probably worth considering that many hundreds (if not thousands) more people will see your submissions here than on instagram, unless you’ve got about 1000 followers or are some king of hashtag wizard.

seosamh77

place phone on shelf, record, press stop, upload video. not exactly a labourious task, considering what else you seem capable of doing in an hour.

Which would create an hour long file on my phone – which I’d then have to edit or upload.

seosamh77

You’re on here though, not in a comp against pro’s. Look at what everyone else is doing.

I’m not competing against anyone, I was just doing my own thing. It’s not a competition, I was simply pointing out that professional illustrators who are also engaging in the hashtag inktober were augmenting their work.

Plenty know how to work tattieshop in anger but aren’t. you should probly upload the original sketch and the tattieshop version.

Photoshop can’t rescue or hide a bad drawing, and no amount of photoshop skill will make you an illustrator. That much I know. Obviously I have put people’s noses out of joint so I’ll stop posting. I’m sure the thread will be much better for it.

DezB
    Free Member

I might have to join in, missed a few days, but can’t see myself drawing something everyday anyway – I’m bleedin slow! Great to get some inspiration from somewhere.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Which would create an hour long file on my phone – which I’d then have to edit or upload.

yeah, but it’d let everyone see how much tattieshop you are actually using! 😆 ie 90%.

jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

yeah, but it’d let everyone see how much tattieshop you are actually using!

If you have to ask, or it isn’t obvious then it’s irrelevant anyway since you don’t know what you are looking at. As I said, no amount of photoshop can make a fundamentally flawed drawing good or hide bad technique. Bad technique like mine I should add. Enjoy.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I can spy tattieshop brushes and masks a mile away..

DezB
    Free Member

I honestly don’t think it matters how artwork is done, I’ve done some stuff on iPad with gives a different aspect, but you still have to draw it… but Inktober rules (just cos some people are being picky!)

The Autodesk part is just an advertising thing so they can promote their trial!

Drac

Great stuff jimjam.

redthunder
    Free Member

Just keep on posting your drawings everyone 🙂

@jimjam.
    No more Prima Donna ;)….. have a Snickers. Keep on sketching.

Great drawings BTW.

redthunder
    Free Member

We need a Like button on here 🙂

sirromj

Cougar

What’s this “tattieshop” mince? Is it akin to “Windoze”? Sounds like somewhere I’d buy potato pies.

(Wait… Binners is a graphic designer… this explains everything.)

That’s why I ripped the bottom off.

Don’t boast.

seosamh77
    Free Member

tbh, i agree it’s mince, my mate uses it all the time, so i think it’s just automatically rubbed off on me, barely even notice i’m doing it tbh! 😆 i shall try to refrain!

Cougar

Your mate’s rubbed off on you and you’ve barely noticed?

redthunder
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

“Long” bow 🙂 Excellent. I started a skater yesterday. I’ll finish just as people are growing moustaches 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

Decided i should go back to basics and actually start to learn how to draw!

So inspired by this dude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3INAHNlEWI

Here’s a texture stick, 😆 exciting i know, don’t ask me what the textures are ment to be!

ball point pen.

sirromj

#inktober #inktober2017 #long
    A complex shape drawn with a single long line but lost patience/interest so went a bit scribbly.

Cougar

Yeah, not sure about the green blob at the bottom but the rest is awesome.

Cougar

(says the man who can’t draw for shit)

fifeandy
    Free Member

Good thread folks, well done to all the drawerists.
    Sadly, i don’t have an artistic bone in me and can hardly draw a stick man.

wallop

I tried to draw an owl today, it came out sooooo bad 😆

Actually perhaps I could start a line in hilariously bad animal sketches.

Euro
    Free Member

Early morning work dodging doodle

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^

redthunder
    Free Member

6/31
    “Skeletor with Sword”
    #inktober
    #inktober2017

6/31 “Skeletor with Sword” #inktober #inktober2017 Note: I kept the original black ink version back and coloured in a copy with wax crayons. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE
    Note:
    I kept the original black ink version back and coloured in a copy with wax crayons.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.