Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • holmes81
    Free Member

Love the sloth.

Been MEGA busy at work so need to make time to draw, repair bikes, ride bikes. . .

jimjam
    Free Member

More great work Mr thunder. I’ve been busy still and any moment I’ve had has been reserved for the camera. Will post something tomorrow

jimjam
    Free Member

A couple of quick sketches from photo ref.

molgrips
    Free Member

I need to learn to paint landscapes so I can do them with all signs of human activity removed, reverting to nature. Redthunder’s mention of Beachly reminds me that would be one of my first scenes.

jimjam
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I need to learn to paint landscapes so I can do them with all signs of human activity removed, reverting to nature.

Well I guess that’s preferable to developing some kind of super virus to wipe us out molgrips 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

Good stuff folks, I shall return just taking a wee break.

redthunder
    Free Member

Foxy Roxy

Foxy Roxy by [/url]

If the skull is still at woods next time I pass by, I’ll bring it home.

They seem to have a value on online.

jimjam
    Free Member

Very cool.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I guess that’s preferable to developing some kind of super virus to wipe us out molgrips

Also probably easier than creating a Google Earth plugin to do the same thing 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks Jimjam.

This went a bit Pirate looking IMO .

Ayways, reed and ink again.

Portrait by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

jimjam
    Free Member

I really like that too. Your style makes me want to get crazy with the ink …..but I am making a conscious effort to focus on little details with the aim of developing my shading and maybe work up some slightly more finished pieces.

redthunder
    Free Member

@jimjam
    Thanks again for the comments.

I have found the reeds and ink liberating and emense fun.

I got the reeds from the river bank. Snipped of at 30’ish degrees and use Indian ink.

Dont worry about mistakes it’s very forgiving :)…. sometimes.

binners

Righty ho. Thought I’d update you on how Mrs Binners is getting on. To say that she’s embraced this is something of an understatement. She’s been quite prolific. She’s got oil and chalk pastels, but seems to have really taken to the watercolour pencils, with an ink outline. Heres the latest from this morning

And here’s my Cheesy Feet illustration, coloured up…

CountZero

Nice hare by Mrs B! Lovely eye. 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

Reed and ink by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

V
    Reed and ink by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

Druid

Reed, ink…bleach.

Just sort of happened. Based on Druids Archers badge.

Druid 2 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

Bit of Bamboo

Birch Tree Bamboo and Indian Ink by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

Euro
    Free Member

It’s not ink and it’s not October but…Was keen to start a new painting so had to finish the weird face one. Colours and detail are lost in the pic (and it’s not really finished but when are they ever?)

I’ve been wanting to do something based on my family crest for ages as it’s got a knight on a horse and the motto is pretty cool too. Proportions are stretched intentionally as we’re all lanky gits. Plan is to take pics of the progress so here’s the initial pencil sketch. There’s a good chance it wont look anything like this when done :lol

jimjam
    Free Member

Love it. I’m almost inspired again 😳 😆

Euro
    Free Member

Do it J!!! Sure the weathers too crap for any meaningful bike driving anyway.

Cheers btw 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

In a synchronous charity-shop find a few days back I saw a funny little bag for £3. I thought ‘that’ll do for my A5 sketchbook, pencils, charcoal, phone etc. Well, I bought it, and lo and behold turned out it was one of these! (Might wish to turn sound down the vid, the muzak is punishing)

Recommended. It has removable leaves for drawing tools so loads of organisational scope. Just enough room for a sarnie too.

[video]https://youtu.be/1ryHzHZFb4Q[/video]

Back of the net!

redthunder
    Free Member

Severn on the Rocks, low tide.

Pens from Aldi… 12 Greyscale markers. Bit hidden in the shop but worth it 🙂

On the Rocks by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

TwirlipoftheMists

Nice rocks.
    The pens look sort of brown and green to me. Is that the photo or scan or do they have a tint?

I spend the two months after Inktober reading about The Loomis Method of drawing heads (I have pages in my pad for mouths and noses and so on). I think I learned something. I should get back to it. Then again, all work and no play…

Here’s a Renault Espace looking for a parking space:

redthunder
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Twirlip that is knockout. From the inclination of the driver’s head to the detail of the flashing fencing in the mirrors. I can feel speed and some vertigo-type exhilaration looking at this drawing!

redthunder
    Free Member

Those Aldi pens.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JKEi6c]20180122_172924.jpg[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JKEs9x]20180122_173021.jpg[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

All my old Flickr posts have been deleted 🙁 (by me)

Went a bit Achilles and deleted everything because it did an auto upload of everything on my tablet.

Must upload again soon.

TwirlipoftheMists

Those pens look good. I was thinking of trundling down to the art shop for a 2nd shade of grey. I might have a look in Aldi now.

Thanks Malvern!
    For the avoidance of doubt, I was copying a photo. Clicky here to see.
    I’m not sure how I feel about all this copying. Almost everything I’ve stuck on Instagram lately has been done from a photo. I mean, you need reference and there’s great practice value in interpretation. But still, it sometimes feels like cheating.
    On the other hand, time is short and there aren’t enough F1 cars parked near my office (even in the summer). Perhaps I’m over-thinking it.

TwirlipoftheMists

Here’s a punk:

Clicky here to see it on the instant-gram.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The Aldi pens are available online with free delivery as well.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/script-grey-twin-tip-markers-12-pack/p/082733195025800

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ Not at that link, at least not for me 🙁

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ Not at that link, at least not for me 🙁

TwirlipoftheMists

Link is working now. I think Aldi’s website was broken.

redthunder
    Free Member

I had a stab at the car as well…. Reeds again, could not resist.

The Road Ahead by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

TwirlipoftheMists

Cool.
    Cool cool cool cool cool…

There’s a real feel of speed in that. Nice work.

Euro
    Free Member

I’m not sure how I feel about all this copying. Almost everything I’ve stuck on Instagram lately has been done from a photo. I mean, you need reference and there’s great practice value in interpretation. But still, it sometimes feels like cheating.

I like to draw from memory if possible (or imagination) for a couple of reasons. Firstly it feels more like my interpretation of whatever i’m drawing/painting. But more importantly – no one can tell how bad it is compared to the original 😀

Lovin’ the latest inkings lads

Put a wash of black on the horsey/figure to give me something to work the paint against and applied the first lick of grey for the horse – it’ll be a white horse eventually – though my horse anatomy is i little rusty so it’ll probably look like a human in a horsey pose 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

TwirlipoftheMists

@redthunder – I love the looseness of your lines!

Here’s more of the same from me:

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.