Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

@ solo, i’ll let you know what its like after the weekend 🙂

*joins TSY at the vending machine* 8)

iDave
    Free Member

MG – maybe if you’re planning on giving this free to your mates, make sure they are aware of the other options that help to pay my bills?

molgrips
    Free Member

I will.. only a few are potential customers though. Will only give it out if you don’t mind.

It’s family actually not mates.

Jamie
    Free Member

iDave:

MG – maybe if you’re planning on giving this free to your mates, make sure they are aware of the other options that help to pay my bills?

…or point them at this.

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course, the fundraiser goes without saying 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

I suspect it hasn’t

I’d be amazed to find a jar on a super market shelf that doesn’t contain sugar.
    Sugar is the hook that all the food manufs will use to own you.

🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

The food manufs own us because they make food that we need to eat!

Solo
    Free Member

@ solo, i’ll let you know what its like after the weekend

Its a twist on a Hairy Bikers recipe, not TSY.
    😉

I can post a method if its required, there is a sequence to what goes in during the cooking.

Also, I use a 300g bag of quorn mince, although I think you can get 500g bags now.

The listed recipe makes quiet a lot of chilli too, good for freezing. So use a big pot.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

The food manufs own us you because they make food that we need to they have frigged with for you to eat

T, FTFY
    😉

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Its a twist on a Hairy Bikers recipe, not TSY.

Does this mean i’m meant to eat the chilli off a hairy biker or TSY? 😉

Can you post the method too then please? *goes home via the supermarket to buy a big pot* I’ll have to eat my chocolate ice cream to make room to freeze the chilli then *has such a hard life*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think he’s implying I’m a hairy biker… but I don’t ride bikes.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I have been inspired by reading the above to make chilli with quorn for my tea tomorrow night

i like quorn, but personally don’t think it works as well in chilli as lean steak mince. however in bolognese i reckon quorn mince is better than steak mince.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Why are we discussing use of quorn over lean mince? Isn’t lean mince allowed?

molgrips
    Free Member

Solo unless you grow your own you are getting your food from a manufacturer. That might be pop tarts or cucumbers – farmers are manufacturers.

Solo
    Free Member

Molly.

I’m just fekkin witcha 😉

But I am reasonably anti dinner from a jar.

I prefer and 95% of the time make, most of my meals from the basic ingredients and spices.
    Sundried tom paste is about as from the jar as it gets for me, although I have been using the tetra packs of beans lately as I work away all week.
    Obviously spices, liquids, oils and vinegars are made for me.

😉

Keva
    Free Member

Farmers are producers, that’s why it’s called farm produce. Food manufacturing happens in factories, that’s where it’s processed into things like pop tarts and the sugar and other rubbish is added.

Kev

Solo
    Free Member

Kev.

Thats exactly how I see it.
    😉

phil.w
    Free Member

what about GM crops, are they ‘produced’ or ‘manufactured’?

philconsequence
    Free Member

produfactured.

xx

molgrips
    Free Member

Not all manufactured food is rubbish. I don’t make my own sauces and stuff (even though I can and have) because I’ve got better things to do with my time than cook and clean up the mess 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

You think that chilli is good….

You should try my homemade ragu.
    8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Never had a home-made chilli that was as good as the Discovery jar either mind – despite their creators exhortations otherwise 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

because I’ve got better things to do with my time than cook and clean up the mess

The STW forum can be good, but its not that good.
    😉

phil.w
    Free Member

like your thinking Mr Consequence 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

(EDIT – not you other-phil.w…. that was aimed at molly after solo’s magnificent take down)

Solo
    Free Member

Never had a home-made chilli that was as good as the Discovery jar either mind – despite their creators exhortations otherwise

You are right Molgrips.

You’ve come so far already since those contrarian days of arguing with iDave.

We shouldn’t push you too far. You’ve done well.
    🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

solo, i’m nominating you for the “rising star” award in my dreams. i’ll have to consult with jamie, deadly and yeti of course… but you’re turning heads.

Solo
    Free Member

Against the four horsemen of STW. Philconsequence, TSY, DD AND Jamie.

I stand no chance.

😉

Edit.

We’ll have to get ride sorted sometime.

Keva
    Free Member

Never had a home-made chilli that was as good as the Discovery jar either mind

but 99% of those ready made sauces have the second ingredient listed as sugar. The main contents of them are tomatoes and sugar.

Kev

philconsequence
    Free Member

4 idiots caught in a virtual bromance more like!

(EDIT – where be you based in this fine country of englandshire? if you’re from skottland then no, we will not meet. you’re probably ginger or something and might throw logs at us. seen it on tv, not lying.)

Jamie
    Free Member

4 idiots caught in a virtual bromance more like!

/circlejerk

molgrips
    Free Member

but 99% of those ready made sauces have the second ingredient listed as sugar. The main contents of them are tomatoes and sugar

You’re thinking of ketchup.

I do check labels btw 🙂

We’ll have to get ride sorted sometime.

iDave disciple ride. I’m in. Will we recite the iDave prayer and give thanks for our weight loss before we set off?

Solo
    Free Member

😆

I live in Norfolk, county of light and big skies……

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo – how do you fancy being the jam in our doughnut?

No escaping out the side, mind.

Jamie
    Free Member

Doughnut? You forget where you are?

…unless you can get lentil donuts.

philconsequence
    Free Member

norfolk – if we break that word down it suggests both ‘norf’ and ‘folk’, we could safely conclude that there’s a risk of it being full of ‘folks from the norf’…. worrying.

i need to get my shoulder healed up, get myself riding again, perfect my homemade liposuction kit for deadly then i’m up for a ride. i’ll ‘pencil’ it into my diary for the end of summer, maybe by then i’ll be thin enough to show my face in the presence of y’all

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s made with gram flour and tomato jam…. durrr.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s made with gram flour and tomato jam…. durrr.

Sounds delicious. Makes you wonder why people would even want that sugar smothered, deep fat fryed….jam…..filled…..

Solo
    Free Member

*Starts to sweat and move away slowly, heading for the road bike.
    While the four horsemen get their gimp suits on*

🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Plus it’s a nut… we covered nuts on page 14 I think. They’re ‘in’.
    Think I might buy a bag tonight and eat them all. I’m having an off day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.