Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • ART

Near bottom of that article there’s some information on soy and some links to research on it. I avoid it as best I can

Mmm I’ve read a bit on this, and confess that having ignored it in the past, I should probably look at my soya milk consumption. It’s the oestrogen effects that are actually most worrying.

Snacks – what none at all. 😥

Alejandro
    Free Member

Was wondering whether someone could answer some questions for me, apologies if they have been answered but I don’t want to trawl through ~1500 posts!

Is Ryvita okay?

Can someone give some breakfast suggestions? I’m fine not eating dairy/bread with lunch or dinner but breakfast is a bit of a struggle for me, especially as I don’t really like eggs. Any options?

I lost a fair amount of fat in the first week but have not lost any (actually made a small gain) in the second week. I’m weighing myself on the same day every week, first thing in the morning and my pig-out day has remained constant. Any reasons as to why this could be?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ryvita = rye = grain = probably not I reckon.

Breakfast = anything you like from the list. I’ve been eating scrambled eggs (with ketchup) and sausages. Ham, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, sausages, bacon, gram flour flatbreads, quinoa porridge.. all of which could be traditional breakfast foods. Or just eat last night’s leftovers.

oddjob
    Free Member

I am reluctant to dig this thread up again, but I am getting rather iFrustrated with my iDiet.

I have been following the plan religiously and I just don’t seem to be shedding any significant weight at the moment. I lose about 1.2 kg each week from Sunday to Saturday morning, I take Saturday as my day off and I seem to put about 1kg back on during that day.

If I have a big riding day on the Saturday it seems to help, but last weekend I couldn’t ride Saturday so rode 4+ hours on the road on Sunday. The result was that I was 1.6 kg heavier on Sunday morning than I was on Saturday and I am still not yet back to Friday mornings weight now on Wednesday (0.5 kg over still).

I am sorely tempted to ditch the days off or at least restrict myself somehow. For the record, I have not been going completely crazy on the off days, just eating what I would normally have had on a saturday pre-idiet.

I am nowhere near the 12% body fat range (according to scales, I am 21% but I would guess it is a bit lower than that)

What can I do to light a fire under my weight loss?

iDave
    Free Member

Go mad on the off days and drink lots of water.

oddjob
    Free Member

I am drinking loads and loads of water otherwise I seem to be getting dreadful cramps in the night.

Is it OK to keep drinking the red wine after dinner is finished or just with the food?

Solo
    Free Member

OJ.

I have known this result, been at the stage you describe.

This indicates to me that eating the iDave way means I maintain a certain body weight.
    (I have stopped to consider how much heavier I might have been by now, had I not been doing this low GI thing. I checked recently and to one degree or another, I have been iDave diet for nearly a year now 😯 )

Now, reluctantly, I may have to consider relying on exercise to get to a lower weight, but then I should be able to maintain that weight much more easily through diet.

Does that make any sense ?.

iDave.
    When do you expect to return to the UK ?.
    PM me if you’d prefer.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m going to try adding some strength exercises to the cycling only training this week and see if that helps with moving things along.

matt_bl
    Free Member

This should test the knowledge of the idiet collective.

A recipe for flatbreads I have found includes arrowroot. I made some last night without and I’m guessing ths makes them a little more flexible, shall we say. Mine tasted nice but were more snappy than bendy.

I’m off to source some more ingredients this lunchtime, so can I put arrowroot on my list or is it a no no?

The custard rule isn’t helping as I’m sure it could be incorporated into some manner of jelly (which I would custardize).

Other than that first week done tomorrow and all going well. Looking forward to my first off-day on Sunday.

Matt

Solo
    Free Member

Matt.

Just looking around, it would seem that arrowroot is a little high on the GI index.

You could argue that as you usually use so little of it in a recipe, it may be permissible, but I’ve not enough iDiet knwoledge to give a definative ruling.

Furthemore, I think we’re moving away from giving food a green light or a red light on an individual food item basis, here.

Therefore letting people enjoy the discovery of what is low GI, for themselves and hoping that they want to share something.

When considering new foods and ingredients, I have always focused on the GI rating with an emphasis on it being low GI.
    Thats my Rule of thumb.

Good luck with the whole thing though.
    🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

For softer flatbreads I use 200g of gram flour a medium egg and 240 ml of water.

Plus flavouring/seasoning.

Solo
    Free Member

Rob.

Thats interesting. I did muse way back on page…well some time earlier on this thread. What would be the outcome of including an egg or two.

Good Effort, thanks.

😀

matt_bl
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I hadn’t thought of using an egg, but I’ll give it a try.

I’m getting more clued up on the low/high GI thing but then it’s made more complicated by idiet exceptions!

Matt

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve being doing some experimenting with gram flour, the chipatis are working best for me, the trick is to cook out the floury taste which I personally find a bit ming. I’m going to try with fried onions and nigella seeds next.

Chipati

scruff
    Free Member

swissDave, have to met the drummer gorrilla yet ?

iDave
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw a purple monkey drummer near the top of the col de faucile, 2 hours ago, or maybe I was hallucinating.

Solo
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw a purple monkey drummer near the top of the col de faucile

Surely that would be animal cruelty ?. How much will someone there be fined for drumming monkeys ?.

maybe I was hallucinating.

Is that the next level on the iDiet ?. After long and loyal observance of the rules.
    One hallucinates, on demand.
    😆

BigJohn

Chicken drummers are OK though aren’t they? As long as they aren’t coated in breadcrumbs.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – do you know anything about the Spartan 300 workout and more specifically the diet they were on?

From what I’ve been reading today it looks like it has similarities to the iDiet and those guys werre super buff.

iConverted(almost)

Solo
    Free Member

TSY.

nearly all of the 300 died.

😯

Nothing to do with their diet though, more to do with the huge persian army they were fighting, IIRC.

Oh, and there were a few more than 300 at Thermopylae

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But they looked good whilst doing it…

Solo
    Free Member

But they looked good whilst doing it…

😆

scruff
    Free Member

John, that joke was fowl.

IGMC.

Solo
    Free Member

Did someone say fowl ?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Fair or fowl?

Solo
    Free Member

^^^^^

They’ll never get the hang of that morris dancing, malarkey. Carrying on like that.

And I don’t think a kick there is actually iDiet compliant. I mean, its not a way to lose weight, is it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo
    Free Member

Sorry TSY, eating horse may be on the iDiet, but not this side of the channel.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That horse has been on the iDiet. You should see the before pics.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Funniness of this thread = going south.

iDave
    Free Member

iSouth at the minute.

Some **** big hills round here.

And rain.

Deadly – did you get that Swiss account open for me? Via a Cayman company or something? I really would like me a Bentley camper van mothership thing.

Solo
    Free Member

I really would like me a Bentley camper van mothership thing

Yeah, I know what you mean, those bugatti veyron are a bitch for getting bikes into.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

I am reluctant to dig this thread up again, but I am getting rather iFrustrated with my iDiet.

I have been following the plan religiously and I just don’t seem to be shedding any significant weight at the moment. I lose about 1.2 kg each week from Sunday to Saturday morning, I take Saturday as my day off and I seem to put about 1kg back on during that day.

If I have a big riding day on the Saturday it seems to help, but last weekend I couldn’t ride Saturday so rode 4+ hours on the road on Sunday. The result was that I was 1.6 kg heavier on Sunday morning than I was on Saturday and I am still not yet back to Friday mornings weight now on Wednesday (0.5 kg over still).

I am sorely tempted to ditch the days off or at least restrict myself somehow. For the record, I have not been going completely crazy on the off days, just eating what I would normally have had on a saturday pre-idiet.

I am nowhere near the 12% body fat range (according to scales, I am 21% but I would guess it is a bit lower than that)

What can I do to light a fire under my weight loss?

Would need more information really to offer good advice I would think, drop me an email that’s in my profile if you want and I will add a few of my own pointers

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I’ve been ill over last 24 hours. Ate some chicken at an airport and sat on the toilet lots since. Managed a few slices of toast today and black tea. Obviously the toast ain’t allowed but is there any advice for when you’re sick? I assume return to normal diet until better?

iDave
    Free Member

This is a ‘normal’ diet – not sure why would it wouldn’t be suitable for anyone who’s ill?

Solo
    Free Member

TPM.

Agree with iDave, but would add.

Stay hydrated, you may not feel like eating much, but sticking to low GI wouldn’t harm your recovery, I’d of thought.

If your symptoms persist, see your doctor.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, back on the beans when I finally feel like food again.

zookman
    Free Member

molgrips – you do find gram flour in Germany. Try ‘Kichererbsenmehl – Rapunzel’ from Basic AG. Here is a list of shops all over Germany:
    http://www.basic-bio-genuss-fuer-alle.de/maerkte/adressenliste.html

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Can anyone give me some quick n easy non meat non cooking lunch ideas? Seem to be stuck in a rut of beans and tuna…. Like it but woul’nt mind some variation.

trailmonkey

make up the gram flour pancakes the night before and use them like wraps.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.