Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Please leave me out of this.

Please.

*pings braces*

Pembo
    Free Member

A bit of iDave diet serendipity happened this week. I’ve been doing the diet for 3 weeks and had to go back to the hospital on Wednesday to get my biopsy results from the ahem internal examination I had recently. Doc asked me how I’d been and I told him my ‘symptoms’ had really calmed down since I started the diet, which I then described. Doc started smiling and told me I had a slight gluten intolerance and he wasn’t surprised the iDave diet had calmed things down. Got to do a 6 month gluten free diet though so I’ll carry on with iDave for a few more weeks and just hit the chips and beer on the rest day!

Solo
    Free Member

Pembo.

Welcome to the chaos, glad you’re finding the diet useful.

I hope things turn our ok for you.

🙂

Pembo
    Free Member

Cheers solo, nothing serious and it will help me focus on shedding a few more pounds.

frogger
    Free Member

Doing 3 days of riding this weekend. What do people put in the backpack on long rides as energy food?

molgrips
    Free Member

Frogger – doens’t really matter if you are on the WRT 🙂

Had a crap day yesterday and this morning. Just couldn’t face what I had in the cupboard for breakfast. A complete refusal. So I had cereal.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Frogger are you on WRT?

I’m taking Snickers bars/nature valleys/malt loaf/dried fruit and nuts/armangac. My emergency meal should I not be able to eat in pubs the whole time is cous cous and chorizio.

Jamie
    Free Member

cous cous and chorizio.

😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

S’ok..I’m eating it dry Jamie… not got any cooking stuff have I.

Jamie
    Free Member

S’ok..I’m eating it dry Jamie… not got any cooking stuff have I.

😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s up? I’m trying really hard here. I didn’t even buy anu donuts last night. 😥

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’ve been following the thread with some interest and I’ve decided to start the plan today. To be honest my diet has been drifting towards the ‘allowed’ foods for the past couple of years as I have issues with wheat.

I’m currently 100.1 Kg (seemed a good place to begin) so I’ve got some work to do, especially to get to 10-12% body fat. My first meal, this evening, is going to be chilli with the STW gram flour flatbread!

Matt

philconsequence
    Free Member

good luck matt! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s up? I’m trying really hard here. I didn’t even buy anu donuts last night.

😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

frogger
    Free Member

Nope, not on the WRT, wasn’t even aware of it 😳 I am leading a group of 1st timers around a few trail centre routes this weekend (Cwmcarn XC, then Coed Y Brenin).

I have come to the iDave diet in a round about way, my wife is a fitness instructor, she heard about the 4 hour body book at work, I bought that, started reading it. Then one day opened up this thread and realised it was the same thing so been following it.

Dropped from 98.6kg to 92.1kg in the first 2 weeks. I am cycling 17 miles every second day and doing 8000 meters on the rower the other days. Went back up to 92.5kg 3 days ago and now been stuck there for the last 3 days despite following it religiously. I am aiming for 85kg which is what I was at my thinnest during my military service some years ago.

Not sure why it’s come to a halt. I haven’t been hammering the calories on my ‘binge’ days but read on here last night I probably should make a bit more effort to eat more crap food on my day off 😀 Also going to eat fewer cashews!

It’s hard to properly binge when you have a goal in mind and you don’t want to mess up a good thing either. Binging is relative, I have a stick thin friend who is an elite marathon runner and he remembers the time and date 8 years ago when he last had a piece of cheese cake so to one person a large spoon of ice cream is binging and to another a 1 litre tub of ice cream is just getting started!

molgrips
    Free Member

The point is that binging (on this) helps your goal much more than being moderate on your day off. The MORE you binge on the day off the better the effect, it seems.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I make everyday a binge and a purge day.

Jamie
    Free Member

The MORE you binge on the day off the better the effect, it seems.

😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

😐

hughjardon
    Free Member

Not had a good week (even with doing 12hrs riding since last Friday) and hence didn’t get on the scales this morning.

Doing the Erlstoke 6hr Enduro tomorrow, how do I prepare today and do I do it with 30g of carbs per hour tomorrow?

Neither today or tomorrow are planned cheat days!

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ve had similar experiences to Frogger. I had to review how tightly I was sticking to the diet and that has helped. I dropped the milk in my tea and diet cokes and any “meat” products that we’re just meat (ie sausages and meat balls)

hughjardon
    Free Member

And that binge big thing doesn’t work, totally mucked my week up this week!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is tofu in?

frogger
    Free Member

I have been writing down my meals and there is still quite a lot of variation. In the book Tim says to choose a set of meals and just repeat them so that is my plan. Also going to totally stop snacking on cashews, carrots and humous and reduce my general in take of fat.

I have not been taking my 30gr of simple carbs before or during exercise because I haven’t actually felt I needed to but I will do this weekend. What I don’t know is what counts as simple carbs, is it the purest form of white carbs you can find (ie. boiled potatoes/white rice) or is it ANYTHING that contains up to the amount of 30gr of carbs such as Snickers bar.

molgrips
    Free Member

And that binge big thing doesn’t work

It does!

How mucked up? You should gain some but then lose that and more by the end of the week.

how do I prepare today and do I do it with 30g of carbs per hour tomorrow?

Your body behaves differently around exercise than it does at rest.

I think the iAdvice above was to carbo load as normal the night before, and have carbs during the ride. Simple ones. The traditional suggestion for hard exercise is 1g carbs/kg body weight/hour, which is more than 30g per hour that iDave suggests. Not sure if you should have more when racing, I suspect so though.

hughjardon
    Free Member

Im trying to cut back on Cashew’s as well, I blamed them for a bad week last week.

I always have gels as my simple pre/during ride carbs?

hughjardon
    Free Member

molgrips,
    Mucked up to the extent that I didn’t weigh myself today! trousers that were starting to feel loose are tighter than when I started 5 weeks ago

Racing is a very curious term, I plan to ride round for 6 hours at varying speeds!

At over 90kg the old 1g per kg thing would mean over 3x the iDave recommended?

molgrips
    Free Member

trousers that were starting to feel loose are tighter than when I started 5 weeks ago

Maybe you need a poo? 🙂

I dunno bout the racing carbs thing – just sayin what I’ve heard before.

I never used 90g/hour, I found that too much. More like 3-4 scoops which is what.. 60?

frogger
    Free Member

Hugh, I think all you can really do is have a very critical look at the foods you are eating and when. You are obviously doing enough (or maybe even too much exercise). There must be a reason why it’s stagnating. Have you got the book (4 hour body)? There are some useful little nuggets in there (if you have an iPad then you can buy the book from the iBooks bookstore). He speaks of all sorts of techniques including cold water treatment which is meant to shift even more.

Best thing might be to get over to mr iDave’s site and subscribing to one of his 1 to 1 packages so he can give you more personal advice. Stick with it mate!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yar, +1 for giving iDave your money. Very much worth it.

iDave
    Free Member

By all means email me directly if you’re thinking of some kind of official programme – you’ll get better results as the plan here isn’t the high octane version and doesn’t include any training input.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I get the whiff of new business 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I get the whiff of new business

😐

iDave
    Free Member

I’m in Geneva now deadly, can you release the gold reserves so I can buy lunch?

Any news on the Bentley?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😐

I’ve reauthorised your card iDave. I had to have it blocked after your adventures last night. I thought we were going for pink ferraris, no?

hughjardon
    Free Member

I must be doing something wrong, I have felt better whilst doing the diet, I’ve long had an idea that I over do pasta, rice, spuds type stuff after putting on 2 lbs whilst doing both the E2E 982 miles in 12 days in 2009 and TransWales last year.

I do have a potential problem looming, 1st earlies are due for digging soon, followed by 2nd earlies, salads and 2 types of maincrop! (That’s spuds to you townies)

Have averaged 8hrs a week on various bikes for the last 2 years now and don’t seem to be improving, but always thought training plans were for athlete’s and I’ve never been mistaken for one of those, just a portly chap that enjoy’s all types or cycling.

molgrips
    Free Member

Training plans are for anyone who wants to get faster at anything…

oddjob
    Free Member

What’s the address for Mr iDave’s site?

iDave
    Free Member

http://www.rstsport.com

but email me for extra info – david.com@me.com

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.