Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Waitrose do some ready to eat packet lentil things.

How about 5 bean salad pots etc?

BigJohn

Make some coleslaw (dead easy, some slices of white cabbage, carrot, onion mixed with some home made mayo) and have with a hard boiled egg and a couple of cherry tomatoes.

That’s what I had after my 4 hour ride yesterday. Except I had a few slices of salami instead of the egg.

Today I’m going to get a pack of haricot beans and I’m planning to make my own sugar free baked beans. They should be ready for my birthday on Wednesday if I follow Heston Blumenthal’s recipe right.

oddjob
    Free Member

I was sick as a dog yesterday and having not eaten anything all day I finally managed some cornflakes in the evening.
    The good news is that I was 1kg lighter today than Saturday. Honestly, I don’t know what all this iDave nonsense is about, it seems that not eating at all is the way to go.

More seriously, it was hard work getting eggs down this morning…

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve been struggling again. It seems, though it could be coincidental, that this eating regime makes me far more susceptible to not eating enough – if I miss a meal by accident I really pay for it later – headaches, shakes, you name it. I’ve stuck with it but I seem to have gone up by 4 lb this week and 2lb last week.

iDave
    Free Member

BigJohn, are you losing much weight? I assume yes otherwise you’d have binned the programme??

molgrips
    Free Member

It seems, though it could be coincidental, that this eating regime makes me far more susceptible to not eating enough

I reckon it’s lower carb intake overall if you don’t really focus on the legumes.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I reckon it’s lower carb intake overall if you don’t really focus on the legumes.

Quite possibly, my staple has been mostly (but obviously not exclusively!) meat and nuts this last week so I probably am lacking in complex carbs. I really notice when I have sugars on my day off these days – its like someone fed me acid, then I feel all bloated and ill and wish I’d never bothered lol.

Solo
    Free Member

Is anyone doing the flat bread bacon butties yet ?.
    Multi layered, etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

meat and nuts

Ah yes. Nuts, whilst technically allowed are massively calorie dense. I was eating a lot a while back and stopped losing weight. I only felt I needed to snack though because I wasn’t taking enough carbs on either in bean form or whilst riding.

BigJohn

Yes Dave, I am losing weight, from 97kg at the start to 93.5kg today (after a beery weekend). I’m losing waist as well.

But I’m not actually focused on that too much at the minute – I’m instead trying to see just how easily I can establish an eating and drinking routine that I will be able to maintain permanently. It’s a lot easier than I thought.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I made flat breads at the weekend to go with a curry instead of rice.

Pretty nice they were too… did make a lot of smoke though 🙁

spacemonkey

Is anyone doing the flat bread bacon butties yet?.

Yep, last week. Bacon (must be smoked) and egg is something I can’t do without.

spacemonkey

I made flat breads at the weekend to go with a curry instead of rice.

Same here. Also made a wicked puy lentil side-dish; plenty of spices mixed in with star anise. Proper noms.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti which recipe?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ah yes. Nuts, whilst technically allowed are massively calorie dense. I was eating a lot a while back and stopped losing weight. I only felt I needed to snack though because I wasn’t taking enough carbs on either in bean form or whilst riding.

Aye, it’s very hard for me to find bean-based stuff around work while working 12+ hour shifts every day and not having time to prepare at home 🙁 After 5 lnches of chilli beans last week I was getting a bit sick too.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I sort of made it up with one I googled..

100 gram of flour
    40 ml of olive oil
    Water to get it to a good consistancy (pours but doesn’t spread to edge of the pan)
    Cayenne pepper and chopped coriander.

Trial one was perfect.

When I made the main batch I think I let the pan get too hot. Still nice though.

Solo
    Free Member

Smokin the whole place up when I made flatbreads is an issue for me too.

Like you TSY, I’m thinking I’ve got too much flame on.

CK.

I’m currently on the road which means I don’t even get home every night of the week.
    I just spend some hours in the kitchen, over a weekend, cooking up stuff to bring with me and I’m working anything between 10 to 13 hours a day.

If anyone was ever shackled to the rat race. Its me.
    🙁

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thanks for the lunch ideas chaps.

weightwise i’m struggling to lose, certainly not dropping as much as i expected (losing weight and BMI, belt getting looser, but gaining muscle and fat % according to my scales) but then i am slipping up a little with the booze still (nowhere near as bad as i was a month ago) and my exercise volume/intensity/quality needs to come up some more (even tempted to get the trainer out of its summer retirement for a few sessions a week).

but although yes i would be happier if i was shifting weight more rapidly the main thing for me is how fantastic i feel compared to a month ago before i started. energy levels, enthusiasm, mood are all so much better. i’m finding i actually dislike the off day because i end up feeling bloated and slow.

Solo
    Free Member

Space Monkey.

Throwing a fried egg in with your flatbread bacon butty is a genius move.
    :mrgreen:

i’m finding i actually dislike the off day because i end up feeling bloated and slow

I know what you mean. I don’t get the bloated thing, I guess thats just volume of food consumed, but it does make me feel lethargic.

Strange really as I would have expected that with all the quick sugar consumed during the Day off.
    It would send me round the place, like on a wall of death thing, but it has the opposite effect in that it seems to slow me down.

How weird is that ?.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Jesus, talk about being ripped off. Only thing I could find at work was a salad with a soup and a plate of veg – £6.15

Solo
    Free Member

talk about being ripped off. Only thing I could find at work was a salad with a soup and a plate of veg – £6.15

😯

BigJohn

Well, I made the best baked beans ever yesterday. 100% compliant with the gospel according to Dave and better than anything Heinz or Branston can do.

Last night it was baked beans with a grilled lamb chop and spinach. This morning it will be bacon egg and baked beans.

The recipe was a combo of the 2nd and 3rd ones that came up when I googled “Baked Beans Recipe” A simplified Heston Blumenthal one but with pre-soaked cannellini beans, missing out the butter sugar and tomato ketchup, but adding some soy sauce and thai fish sauce.

Stay in front of me on tomorrow night’s ride though…

iDave
    Free Member

It appears that I have a new business implementing a combination of personalised iDave diet and fitness work to the great and good of Geneva.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why Geneva? Seems a bit specific.

iDave
    Free Member

Well not just Geneva, but it’s a fantastic base and lots of work and decent fees. I also have loads of connections here. Will split time between here and the UK and still work with anyone, anywhere.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

I’ve not done the iDave diet, but I’m doing the Paleo diet. Lost 3 lbs in two days.

The iDave diet does look very much the Paleo Diet.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cool… is there a callout fee to Munich? 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

So what brands of quinoa don’t have grit in them? The Tesco stuff does my head in, every 4th or 5th mouthful I crunch on a grain of dirt/sand. I wash it for like 5 minutes in a sieve to 🙁

BigJohn

Ah, so it’s not just me with the crunchy quinoa. I’ll try the Julian Graves to see if it’s any better. It’s a fine old price from Tesco too.

allthepies
    Free Member

The iDave diet does look very much the Paleo Diet.

No fruit on iDave.

iDave
    Free Member

No legumes on paleo diet

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey paleo must be hard without legumes…

matt_bl
    Free Member

So two weeks in and the losses have been:

Wk 1: -2.0 Kg, -0.4% BF
    Wk 2: -0.5 Kg, +0.1% BF

I’m happy with the wieght loss, although it would have been much better if yesterday was the weigh-in (I really hate baseline noise!). Doing all my measurements on a Saturday when I have more time, so can’t really comment on inches lost yet.

The eating itself has been pretty easy and the meals not as repetitive as I had thought they would be, planning well seems to be the key for me. Conquered the flat-breads now, they are especially good with Black Onion seeds, as Dave suggested.

I was disappointed with ‘Cheat Day’, particularly how quickly I felt sick and how rubbish I was compared to normal. It’s ‘Cheat Day’ again tomorrow, so roll-on fruit, breakfast cereal, yoghurt and rice pudding. All my cravings this week.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Matt you need to completely ignore the BF measurements on scales.

philconsequence
    Free Member

so did we ever get updated photos from molly? 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I resign.

iDave
    Free Member

don’t go deadly, you’re the machine behind the empire….

spacemonkey

Created my own version of crispy duck pancakes last night:

– make flatbreads into small pancakes
    – stir-fry small chicken pieces in 5 Spice, star anise, soy and a little ginger and garlic
    – slice leeks a la julienne
    – tear up some spinach leaves

Take a pancake, smear with hoi sin, add ingredients from above then consume in major nom nom fashion.

Could eat that any time of day.

matt_bl
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Matt you need to completely ignore the BF measurements on scales.

I understand where you’re coming from here, on a day to day basis the result seems to be at best meaningless, as an example the BF% results got lower and lower all week, then jumped by over 1% this morning. All results taken at the same time on the same scales etc.

I’m just using the daily data to look for a long term trend. If over the first four weeks or so it appears to have some relevance, particularly if there is a half decent agreement with physical measurements, then I’ll carry on, if not I’ll just sack it off.

What I really want to know is how much easier it is to haul my ass up hills!

Matt

phil.w
    Free Member

As long as you are using the same set of scales under the same conditions then they can be a good tool for measuring trends.

Just don’t pay much attention to the actual BF% rather the change from weigh-in to weigh-in. (as I think you are doing)

The results they put out can be affected by how hydrated you are, how clean your feet are and a few other things. So if you can keep these variables the same so much the better.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.