Home Forums Bike Forum How to adjust the air pressure on a Lev Integra 272?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How to adjust the air pressure on a Lev Integra 272?
  • woodster

Hi, got a Lev which is struggling to get to to full extension without some help so wanted to check the air pressure, but the manual suggests it should be accessed from underneath the saddle clamp, but there’s doesn’t seem to be any way to access a valve from above unless I’m doing something wrong?

Cheers.

vincienup
    Free Member

I have a horrible feeling that not having an air valve is one of the things I didn’t like about the Lev 272 when I was looking at maybe keeping an older HT running.

Edit: old MTBR thread suggests this may be the case

otsdr
    Free Member
    woodster

Balls.

Thanks for the info though!

vincienup
    Free Member

I did a bit more reading and there’s a very long and comprehensive thread here. Basically you’re going to be using a nitrogen charging needle in a very small and well hidden hole. For simple speed increase it’s worth checking that the kevlar cord isn’t overlong / stretchy etc – apparently a single mm will cause issues as it won’t pull the valve open fully. Also, one of the guys in the thread improved speed by replacing the oil in the unit with 2.5wt Rockshox instead of whatever goop was in there -it was much thicker apparently.

jamesoz

I recently revived a KS Supernatural, it had no valve, just the stupid pinhole. I used an adapter for pumping up a football with tape round it. I didn’t have to take it completey apart.
    It was surprisingly easy once I’d realised I didn’t have to strip it completely to change the oil and re-charge it.

nickdavies

Nope as above you can’t adjust air on one of these externally, not easily any way.
    Is it new? Mine was very susceptible to cable play, take all the slack out and if it’s not new, fresh cable. Mine was right after a bit of a fiddle, and again after a few rides – i was also annoyed by the lack of air port.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to adjust the air pressure on a Lev Integra 272?’ is closed to new replies.