Viewing 23 posts - 201 through 223 (of 223 total)
  • Help to bugger up Fair Fuel UK’s annual cycling hate survey.
  • slowoldman

It’s OK come January the Mail will be in full on French fishermen hating and will cut us a bit of slack.

p7eaven
    Free Member

No 10’s cycling tsar

Yep. A ‘tsar’ no less 🤣

But in real world Britain, as it has been since 1930s – just forget cycle infrastructure. Not going to happen. It’s simply a political game for the Right. If you want to ride a bike safely on the road then probably best to live somewhere else other than the UK. Of course, that has just been made 1000 times more difficult to achieve and could take half a lifetime to afford. But at least you’ll be committed.

I’ll be cycling to the supermarket later, dodging traffic, getting squeezed, eyes on stalks. I most likely shan’t see another adult on bicycle en route, as has been the case all of my life in various Mid-Western Shires and counties. I wonder what all of the fuss is? The British ‘war’ on cycling as transport was ‘won’ around 1960? Even us cyclists drive cars – which is conveniently forgotten about in that ‘survey’ of ‘cyclists vs motorists’

ElShalimo

I don’t understand why they are frothing about driving in London. Why would anyone drive in London if they had a choice?

involver
    Free Member

Hahah. Oh dear…

tthew

That question about road user rules was particularly idiotic. Conflating rules of the road with vehicle taxation and licencing. Still, gives him a way to suggest that 98% of cyclists agree that red lights don’t apply to them or some such exaggerated nonsense.

cookeaa

I didn’t identify myself as a cyclist, I was quite clear that I travel primarily by jet pack and teleportation.

So despite now having stats to cover these two transport user groups he appears not to be publishing them…

Outrageous!

alpin
    Free Member

Done.

slowoldman

Read the thread

matt_outandabout

A question – if enough of us report his false tweets and block him, will Twitter pick it up/start moving his tweets down some?

dannyh
    Free Member

Shouldn’t he being basted with honey or something and being readied to be roasted in time for Crimbo?

Love a nice thick slice of gammon, some pickled onion and doorstop bread for Xmas day tea.

prettygreenparrot

😂 “cycle lane madness”.

What about these non-luxury car owners who don’t pay vehicle tax? I got a surprise when it came to the VED for my SO’s Tesla: £0 for the year.

p7eaven
    Free Member

^ Not so thick. He trolled all cycling respondents by almost immediately using the survey results against them in that Daily Heil hit-piece.

Twodogs
    franksinatra

Still frustrated my HyperCanalLoop for moving freight wasn’t acknowledged in his tweets.

DezB
    Free Member

Twodogs
    Survey report trashed

All those Mail readers fact checking on fullfact.org will be astounded.

durwyn

done.

DezB
    Free Member

done wot?

timbog160

He’s basically a lying old gammoney t**t but I really don’t know why he bothered publishing that piece since most of the readers will agree with it no matter what. I sometimes think this place can be too much of an echo chamber but the Mail and it’s like really take the biscuit.

Twodogs

All those Mail readers fact checking on fullfact.org will be astounded.

First place they go to check the latest “Princess Diana was murdered by aliens” story

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Fairfuel is sponsored by Ultimum5

Ultimum5 has Howard Cox as a director

He is essentially sponsoring himself

Or his backers are

CountZero

I don’t understand why they are frothing about driving in London. Why would anyone drive in London if they had a choice?

I had to a few times when I was working for BCA as a logistics driver, and I can’t say I enjoyed it over much; if I do drive to London, I use a JustPark in Hammersmith, nice and close to the station, and tube everywhere, it’s only sensible.
    If I’m on my own, then I might get a coach up, it’s cheaper than the train.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Daily Heil hit-piece.

It does seem to be drifting back towards its default position of essentially supporting Nazis. The owners and editor must be pleased.

Apologies for Godwin.

dannyh
    Free Member

It does seem to be drifting back towards its default position of essentially supporting Nazis. The owners and editor must be pleased.

Apologies for Godwin.

They’ve always followed the trend to a certain extent, so they’re just reflecting what is happening in society at large.

Viewing 23 posts - 201 through 223 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘Help to bugger up Fair Fuel UK’s annual cycling hate survey.’ is closed to new replies.