Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)
  • Help to bugger up Fair Fuel UK’s annual cycling hate survey.
  • willard

Done. My van driving alter ego from Ipswich has offered him some advice as well. And warned him about GDPR

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Done.

tyke
    Free Member

Done

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Done.

Up the pedallistas!

dove1

Done!
    Vive la revolution.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Done. What an awful, devisive survey.

doublezero
    Free Member

Done

beamers

Done again.

This is a great game. Well done OP.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I love this tweet

He seems to think that ‘cyclists’ don’t also drive, or that the survey has attracted more ‘cyclists’ than the ‘proportion who cycle’ 🤣

They must be happy with the survey that they’re welcome to complete

Passive-aggression noted.

franksinatra

I am up to about 10 completed surveys. I’m now making it les obvious that I am a cyclist and more like I am their target Brexity Daily Mail reading, HGV driving angry victim, but with the twist that I fully support cycling and sustainable travel. I’m enjoying this more than I should.

richmtb

I filled it in, but I’m tempted to ask “What’s the point”.

Its not like this gammony fool is going to do anything with the survey data if it doesn’t point in the direction of his biases

colonelwax
    Free Member

I am up to about 10 completed surveys. I’m now making it less obvious that I am a cyclist and more like I am their target Brexity Daily Mail reading, HGV driving angry victim, but with the twist that I fully support cycling and sustainable travel. I’m enjoying this more than I should.

That’s what I’ve been doing, completing it as a driver only, and excitedly commenting how once we’re free of the shackles of Europe the Government can ban school Mum run drivers, the lazy etc from driving, put up road tax (obvs. calling it road tax too) leaving the road free for us hardworking tax payers WHO MUST DRIVE. The rest of them should get on their bike.

orangespyderman

I’m pleased at how open and inclusive towards other users the answers from my Tory voting, car mad alter ego are 😀

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Done and i really enjoyed it

Cougar

I replied to his tweet. Popular as it has been, given that I seem to be the third person to do so.

hatter

Done, avoided the urge to go full ranting lefty, tempting as it was.

Went for ‘sensible middle class driver who needs his car for transport but wants to ride safely with his kids and may be persuaded to vote Tory if they had a long term vision for sustainable transport.’

I suspect that will throw their results far more than any ‘CARS R COFFINZ” style rant.

Also took great plasure in pointing out that in terms of the prices of goods, the impending costs of Brexit will make any reduction in fuel duty a rather pointless drop in the bucket so why bother?

Pyro

Apparently gammon@brexit.lager is a genuine email address…

Marin
    Free Member

And I would like all van drivers to be in segregated van driving lanes but there you go.

Kind of missing the point when I’m not in my van I’m on my bike and would like to be segregated off. Hurray it’s Friday anyway.

13thfloormonk

Done.

Utterly pointless and I couldn’t even answer some of the non-cycle related questions accurately or honestly.

Viewing it in the fairest light possible, it presumes a degree of open-mindedness, possession of facts and ‘seeing it both ways’ on the part of the great British driver. So doomed to fail basically.

jd13m
    Free Member

wow, is it me or were there a lot of cycling questions? 😀
    now how long until he tweets again asking all the nasty cyclists to stop picking on him……

Yak

Done. I don’t need to look at his twitter feed, I think the content is fairly predictable.

I did it for the shits too. It’s been a while since I lived in the UK, but I’m assuming the cycling facilities haven’t changed much in 15 years.

madhouse

Done.

What a horrible survey that was!!

spooky_b329

I just completed it, shared it and now the survey has been pulled!!! Or have they just changed the link…

funkmasterp

Done here too. What a poor survey. Should’ve just had ‘On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you hate god damned cyclists and those **** hippies and their electric vehicles?’

scaredypants

link tells me the survey’s closed (and did so yesterday too) 🤷‍♂️

slowoldman

Cox tweeted this yesterday.

Given the small percentage of pedestrians I imagine his next campaign will be removal of footpaths.

jonba
    Free Member

Given it was letting you fill it in multiple times with fake email addresses I wonder how many real people that makes. I guess many did what I tried to do and give the answers that they don’t want to hear. Car driver that supports fuel duty increases, more bike lanes, keeping the BBC and getting rid of petrol and diesel cars next year.

grahamt1980

I was honest, this year I have been mostly driving the car or walking so I assume I am one of the hidden cyclists.
    However I did support taking fuel cars sooner, bike lanes and suggested that they should go for hydrogen as a fuel

MoreCashThanDash

That survey was proving popular on the Gravel Bikes UK page 🤣

cynic-al
    Free Member

Link on P1 says it’s unavailable now

Sandwich

My van driving alter ego from Ipswich has offered him some advice as well. And warned him about GDPR

Hey, why did you steal my ID?

Interesting how things change on here. A couple of years ago I posted a link to one of these awful surveys and got a lukewarm response from the “cool-kids”.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Cox and Lembit Opik are involved in a shady fuel additive business that they are pushing as a alternative to EV’s

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12217754

Wait to they start using the fair fuel mailing list to push it

finbar
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I posted a link to one of these awful surveys and got a lukewarm response from the “cool-kids”

The popularity of this thread is nice to see on what is arguably still a cycling forum. Still plenty of ‘making progress’ threads as well though 🙁

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Still plenty of ‘making progress’ threads as well though 🙁

What sort of person doesn’t drive like a top gear presenter on a test track? If you aren’t testing the limits of grip, throttle response through the range, identifying under or over steer and having the debate about 4wd v winter tyres on every trip to the shops what sort of person are you?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well it was nice while it lasted.

dissonance

The daily hate have provided their spin on this carefully conducted survey
    almost as bad as the survey

Sandwich

If you don’t want to click through the Mail link above here it is as screen shots. They say no Tory run councils at the end like it’s a bad thing 🙂

p7eaven
    Free Member

Gah, too late, I clicked the evils. Now they have me.

Yes, the nation’s hatred of people who ride bicycles will be the thing to land a proper Nigel in power. Foreigners? Gah! Vote Conservative! Bendy bananas? Gah! Vote Conservative! Up Yours, Want Fish Wars? Vote Conservative! Moar bike lanes? Vote The Far Right Populist Fascist National Motoring Party Of Fair Fuel and Jobs For White People.

It’s like Monty Python is writing the script, as someone said? We knew ourselves much better in the 1970s and that isn’t a compliment. Satire today is as conspicuous as an old wet McDonald’s wrapper at the side of the road.

fatmountain
    Free Member

Been living in Spain for last 4 months. There’s virtually no animosity between “cyclists” and “drivers”. Really makes a huge difference not having a media-fed hate campaign against certain road users.

P.S., it’s really hard to fathom these types of people. Spanish cities just admitted the problem, outlined the solutions and got on with it. Valencia revolutionised their cycle network and saw incredible results within the space of a few years. Barcelona is doing the same. Seville did the same several years ago.

It’s like a significant minority of English are just immune to facts and want to carry on driving their cars into oblivion, enough though driving in the UK is itself a generally frustrating and miserable experience.

I have to say, Spaniards (and many other Europeans) seem to have a certain pragmatism about problems/solutions, whereas the English seem to operate on a completely on dogmatic, outdated and ideological mentality.

One can only hope all this nonsense we’re living trough is the final deathspin of the ‘gammon’.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘Help to bugger up Fair Fuel UK’s annual cycling hate survey.’ is closed to new replies.