Home Forums Chat Forum Help me set up a smart device.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help me set up a smart device.
    zippykona

Have bought a Huawei ai
    cube.

Basically an Alexa with a Sim slot.

I have to connect my phone to the speakers wifi and then follow instructions on app.

When I press the Next button it comes up with failed and that I need to reconnect to the wifi as I’ve changed the asseord. I haven’t changed it.

So I turn wifi off , go back to set up and go round in a big circle.

What am I doing wrong?

It’s a 5 minute set up on you tube.

Flaperon

I guess this is why it was on eBay. Try a factory reset if there is one?

zippykona

Have done reset. It had a Sim in it so I’m assuming someone had been using it.

reeksy

😩

longdog
    Free Member

Deleted

DickBarton

Which password are you entering? The one to connect to your home WiFi or the one to connect to the cube? It should be the cube one…unless your home network is called that WiFi name…

Just checking in case it was that simple.

DickBarton

Also, check your phone can do both WiFi settings – 2.5 and 5 GHz…just in case it is your phone that can no longer connect…

zippykona

Using the MNT password and tried connecting to both frequencies.
    Have officially given up.

DickBarton

Have you got an older phone you could try on? I’ve had an issue with a Google speaker and it wouldn’t connect to my phone (phone seemed to only connect on the 5ghz network), I dug out an old phone that seemed to connect on the 2.5ghz network and that sorted it. Once configured and added to my home network it all worked on my ‘new’ phone.

cookeaa

All this so the Chinese state can spy on you? Seems a lot of bother when Jeff makes stealing your data a more user friendly experience.

zippykona

Have tried on iPhone 4 and galaxy 5 .

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

That’s the setup WiFi you are logging into (or trying to).  Assuming you aren’t mistyping special characters or anything then it looks like the password has been changed.  Are you sure you did a complete factory reset.? Via a reset button (usually needs pushed with a pin or something and held down for some time until indicator LED’s flash some number of times or something like that).

CountZero

This just confirms my lack of desire to have one of those things. I don’t have Siri enabled on my phone or tablet, and I wouldn’t on a HomePod should I ever get one. I’m perfectly capable of doing everything myself using my phone, I’m not so enfeebled that I can’t use a touchscreen.

5lab
    Free Member

After you hit next can you connect to those wifi details from another device? It might be the app thinks it’s changing your Wi-Fi settings but your phone is blocking it from doing so and it’s reconnecting to your home wifi, dropping the device wifi

zippykona

On the device is a symbol and when looking on the app store there is a HUAWEI app with that symbol. Downloaded HUAWEI Smart life , followed the instructions.

This app then gives you full access to the other app. Absolutely nowhere does it say I need this other app.

Good news is that it now works. Whether my mum will get on with it is another thing.

jkomo

That’s like the punchline in a Harry Hill joke.

longdog
    Free Member

Glad you got it sorted and hope your mam can manage it so you can keep in touch easily.

Just texted my Mam happy mother’s day. If I’m lucky she’ll manage to respond with ‘OK’ 😞

She’s deaf so can’t use a normal phone anyway, or any adapted ones . We got her a ‘simple as possible’ old people’s phone and my brother who lives near her has tried training her, but she obviously just presses a suggested reply, if I’m lucky.  She doesn’t even know how the TV remote works now, the same TV remote she’s had for maybe 20 years 🤣

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.