Home Forums Bike Forum Helicopter tape on my matt-finish frame.. will it look weird?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Helicopter tape on my matt-finish frame.. will it look weird?
  • theroadwarrior
    Free Member

So the paint on my Trek seems about as thick as a not particularly thick thing- the top tube is covered in scratches already, I assume from grit on my shorts during wet rides.

I’m tempted to heli tape a few bits to stop it getting any worse, trouble is the paint is a satin/matt finish- is the glossy finish tape going to look weird?

The obvious answer is buy some and try it, but it’d rather not fork out the £20 to chuck it straight in the bin!

clubber
    Free Member

Yes it will look wierd and I and others will hunt you down and will destroy you!

andyl
    Free Member

Paragon tapes do a matte finish tape. I have it on my C456 and you can’t tell it is there. Especially if you have a UD carbon frame and make the ends around the head tube resemble the joints in the UD finish.

j40aja
    Free Member

Just buy matte finish tape like I did.

Paragon Tapes,(think that’s what they were called) on e-bay sell it in different lengths and looks really good (barely visible if fitted properly).

Too slow posting!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Matt finish? No need to buy expensice stuff, just use electrical tape!

Luckily my bike is black, so I can find a match. It’s pracically invisible!

That’s a thought. I might just tape the whole frame up!

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I have it on my matt frame and you can notice it up close but I’m personally not bothered but I guess it’s personal choice 🙂

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Matte tape ordered from Paragon tapes (ebay).

Cheers all.

andyl
    Free Member

Make sure you use a hair drier to apply it and clean the frame first with IPA/vodka.

Part way through applying. The green stripe is part of a more substantial down tube shield so the free edges you see are now covered. You are hard pushed to see it in every day use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Helicopter tape on my matt-finish frame.. will it look weird?’ is closed to new replies.