Home Forums Chat Forum Grouse moor licencing, Scotland.

Viewing 7 posts - 801 through 807 (of 807 total)
  • Grouse moor licencing, Scotland.
  • tjagain

which let’s face it is sadly the only one at the moment

There is a lot of regeneration work going on. Affric is fab tho and kept more of its original forest but good examples all over.

kormoran
    Free Member

There is a lot of regeneration work going on. Affric is fab tho and kept more of its original forest but good examples all over.

Yes you are right , I was reading about one the other day that I forgot. I spose I was thinking about affric as it has kept original forest and has been underway some time

scotroutes

Dundreggan ain’t far from Affric.

kormoran
    Free Member

The comments at the bottom of the Parks watch article Matt linked to are very amusing.

Dundreggan is Trees for life I think, who also have Regen projects at the head of glen affric. Presumably they are contiguous

dissonance

So ‘we’ ‘accept’ a higher number of deer is ‘good’, but forget that a lower number again is better…

Its unusual in that its the reverse of the norm but shifting baseline syndrome is a real problem for conservation in general.

kormoran
    Free Member

I was about to post a link to the rspb call for English and Welsh licensing, but Matt’s link covers that as well as the specific incident in the title

Viewing 7 posts - 801 through 807 (of 807 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.