Viewing 6 posts - 761 through 766 (of 766 total)
  • Grouse moor licencing, Scotland.
  • dissonance

Custodians of the countryside at it again.

But the SGA have announced they share the programs anger about the news!

A cynic might suggest what they are most angry about is the tag happened to have sent an update at the location of the incident vs somewhere else.

It helps undermine what little plausible deniability is left around the “mysterious failures” of tags. Like when the one was found wrapped in lead or one where a few fragments were found of it.

franksinatra

SGA’s complete deniability of any fault, their refusal to reform and aggressive rejection of any challenge or alternative use of land will be the thing that finally brings the industry to a close. Good irony and good riddance.

tjagain

if they really cared about raptor killings then they could co operate with the authorities in finding the perps.  that they do not co operate says a lot

kormoran
    Free Member

I am so sick of this shit.

I am lucky to live in an area where I have seen ge’s several times and very close. It never fails to be a fabulous heart thumping moment, the birds are phenomenal and I can only imagine how a visitor to Scotland must feel to get a glimpse of one. Yet here we are, still hearing about our incredible wildlife being slaughtered in the name of what?

The tide has turned and the perpetrators are going to be swept into oblivion. They had their chance.

As franksinatra says, good riddance .

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I heard a feature on the BBC’s Jeremy Vine show about the British adder is dwindling in numbers as a result of the grouse.

Apparently, the grouse peck out the adders eyes.

Then there’s all the clearing of ‘unwanted’ species from the moors.

matt_outandabout

BUT THEY PROTECT CURLEWS!!!!!! grouse and pheasant

FTFY.

Agree with so many above – the law is changing, public awareness and opinion turning, funding and grants changing, and I think our changing climate and culture will mean some in the gaming industry will have to re-evaluate how they earn their living or maintain the estate. /end Optimist outlook.

Viewing 6 posts - 761 through 766 (of 766 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.