Home Forums Chat Forum Gigs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 1,835 total)
  • Gigs.
  • feed

Last night saw TV Girl in the 3 Arena Dublin with my 18yo daughter . Good Gig, I was about 40yrs over the average age though  :)

Next gig is Glass Animals in the 3 Arena Dublin in October, again with the daughter, I’d forgotten all about them, saw them in Whelans in Dublin in 2014. From one of the smallest venues in Dublin to one  of the largest !!!

cobba
    Free Member

Off to The Tower of Song in Brum tomorrow for their Draculas Garage punk afternoon. Bands are Deathfiend and The Dregs. £5 entrance.

Caught an American lad at Rock n Roll Brewhouse last weekend,Bobby Mahoney, just been signed to Steve Van Zandts record label. Cant recommend him highly enough. Another Deadbeat Summer is the cd.

CountZero

Booked tickets for Opeth at Bristol Beacon for next February, so a nice black metal start to the year, the new album a return to their more metal roots from the prog their more recent albums have been, “The Last Will And Testament” gives a hint…

thekingisdead
    Free Member

On my way to see System of a Down & Deftones (Co headline)

don’t listen to either very much anymore but was a big fan back In the day so looking forward to it.
    first saw Deftones in 99 – 25yrs ago!

kennyp
    Free Member

Beans on Toast in Edinburgh on Thursday night in front of 60 people.

AC/DC in Dublin on Saturday night in front of 60,000 people.

Both brilliant gigs.

vd

Wednesday on Wednesday in Brighton coming up

StuF

I saw PJ Harvey at the Piece Hall in Halifax a couple of nights ago. She was absolutely amazing – such a stage presence that you could hardly take your eyes off her. She played a lot of her new album and lots of older stuff from her 30+ year back catalogue. Definitely worth the trip up north :-)

gallowayboy

I saw PJ Harvey at the Piece Hall in Halifax a couple of nights ago. She was absolutely amazing – such a stage presence that you could hardly take your eyes off her. She played a lot of her new album and lots of older stuff from her 30+ year back catalogue. Definitely worth the trip up north :-)

It was amazing, I find her a totally mesmerising stage presence. Returned last night for Pixies, totally different proposition but also brilliant, an assault of “Greatest Hits” over 90 minutes, No let up from Gouge Away to Where is My Mind, Bone Machine the highlight for me…..Its taken 35 years for me to see them, worth the wait.

johndoh
    Free Member

^ I was at the very front for PJ (and also LCD Soundsystem) at Glastonbury back in June – as you say, it’s mesmerising just watching her move around the stage :)

Both were very good, but Fontaines D.C. were the best band over the weekend for me.

donks
    Free Member

All points east tomorrow, LCD sound system and the pixies

brads
    Free Member

Blackberry smoke in a couple of weeks, the Lake street dive in Glasgow in January

simondbarnes

Busy gig week for me. As well as Button Warehouse Live Lounge & Whiskey Jar Open Mic on Tues & Wed I’ve also got…

Tonight – June Holland supporting Mora & the Fabulous Wonderfuls

Friday – Sip of Milk & Niamh Finan supporting Sam Steele

Saturday – Grace Kelly supporting Rob Jones & The Restless Dream

Sunday – George Gibson

Tickets have cost me £20 in total and not a penny to Ticketmaster :-)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Floating Points at Forwards in Bristol on Saturday just gone (31st Aug) was intense, definitely the highlight of the day.  Four Tet played a DJ set and it was exactly what I expected of him and I say that in a good way.

somafunk

Bought two tickets for a mates 16yr old son to see Arab Strap at the Venue in Dumfries on 19th September, he can take a mate/gf and get bus up after school, back home for 00.30.

Arab Strap on tour

lambchop
    Free Member

Lemon Twigs last night in Brighton. Amazing songs played beautifully. Power Pop as good as it gets

swavis

Off to the Orkney Rock festival tomorrow, tix for the main event were around £20 which is 8 bands and then loads of free gigs in about 5 different pub venues. These are the types of gigs I try and support, Ticketmaster are scum

gallowayboy

Floating Points at Forwards in Bristol on Saturday just gone (31st Aug) was intense, definitely the highlight of the day. Four Tet played a DJ set and it was exactly what I expected of him and I say that in a good way.

Envious! On a slightly different planet, Gruff Rhys at hebden bridge trades club on Monday was brilliant, every time I’ve seen him I’ve left with a big happy smile.

desperatebicycle

donks
    All points east tomorrow, LCD sound system and the pixies

I was there! (dnk dnk da dunk da dunk)

Wanted to like the Pixies but they were a million times better in the 80s (admittedly “Cactus” was brill). LCD Soundsystem still awesome. Also saw a bit of the Kills (ok, but terrible sound), Jai Paul (great, but too far away) and a few other things.

Next day was Rally Rally Rally, with a mind-blowing set from Actress. And rain, Some heavy rain.

2tyred

Totally jealous of anyone who went to Rally in London or Massive Attack’s thing in Bristol.

Getting itchy for the handful of shows Floating Points have on the calendar later this year. Hopefully there’ll be a proper tour in the spring.

Got UNKLE, billy woods and Ezra Collective all coming up but not for a wee while.

somafunk

For the Floating Points fans, I’m only an hour into it but it’s going in my YouTube playlist

simondbarnes

Both June Holland and Mora & the Fabulous Wonderfuls were amazing this evening. I can’t believe it only cost a fiver. Had a nice chat with the  wonderful George Borowski too :-)

Elbows

Went to see the Kills in Hamburg a couple of weeks ago, 1200 people, great atmosphere but some sound issues.

Amyl and the Sniffers and Fontaines DC in November in Munich. Great opportunities here to see bands in much smaller venues than in the UK.

salsaboy

Been a busy week gig wise.

Gnod at the Golden Lion inTodmorden on Sunday, blimey, they go for it, a tad too loud for such a small venue, but good fun.

Melt Banana at the Brudenell Social club in Leeds on Wednesday. Amazing, full of energy, mad as ever.

Jeffery Lewis and the Voltage last night at the new Greyston Unity in Halifax, simply sublime. Support was very good too in the form of David Cronenberg’s Wife.

Tiger Lillies in Leeds on Monday night to come.

StuF

Floating Points at Forwards in Bristol on Saturday just gone (31st Aug) was intense, definitely the highlight of the day.  Four Tet played a DJ set and it was exactly what I expected of him and I say that in a good way.

I was also there, although I missed Floating Points. the FourTet set was great as was Hak Baker and Greentea Peng on the Saturday.

On the Sunday the highlights were Da Fuchaman (lots of energy), Glass beams (very chilled in the sun), Yard act and at the front for Underworld was very intense which meant that LCD soundsystem felt like an after thought.

Northwind

Art Brut last night in Edinburgh, it was definitely, absolutely an Art Brut show, 2/3ds good quality shouty indie and 1/3ds Eddie Argos entertaining gibberish. Enjoyed it a lot and if anyone’s on the fence about the tour they should probably go, but equally if you’re not into their schtick it has not changed in the slightes for at least a decade.

desperatebicycle

UNKLE, billy woods

Mate bought me an UNKLE ticket for Outernet in London..cool place, saw clipping there.

Where’s Billy Woods? Love him!

Reminds me I also managed to see Armand Hammer at Rally! Was daylight and I was totally sober cos we had just arrived, but they were wonderful to see.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

At the right hand Ov Karl Sanders (Nile).

scratch
    Free Member

Sparse year this year, last gig was Get Down services around March who where ace

Last night was Craig Finn at Clwb Ifor Bach, maybe one of the best gigs I’ve been to, great story telling throughout

Mister-P
    Free Member

How have I missed UNKLE dates?  One of my all time favourite live bands.  I was wittering on about them to a friend earlier this week.

Tickets for this went on sale at 10am today.  I had two bought by 10.02am

https://bristolbeacon.org/whats-on/kruder-dorfmeister/

K&D Sessions is the soundtrack to a very hazy time in my life so this is proper exciting.

Northwind

scratch
    Free Member

Last night was Craig Finn at Clwb Ifor Bach, maybe one of the best gigs I’ve been to, great story telling throughout

I bloody love Craig Finn solo. When you want songs that are basically someone just talking and telling sad stories about doomed people, he’s your man. Plus it’s good for him to get that out his system so Hold Steady shows can be fully joyous.

robertajobb

Tribute Band week for me.

– illegal Eagles last Fri (defo better than the real thing the days !

– Bohemians last Sat (Queen obv).

Both sold out and both V good.

Rush tribute band Moving Pictures tomorrow eve in Nottingham- not seen them but  mate was desperate to go, so I am too.

simondbarnes

Ben Gorb supported by Harrison Rimmer @ Off The Square in Manchester this evening. Fantastic night! (I then caught the end of THR33’s set @ Mash after getting back to Macclesfield :-)

colp

Saw The Allergies last night in Birkenhead.

If you like old school hiphop and scratching mixed with funk/soul I’d definitely recommend them live.

scratch
    Free Member

I bloody love Craig Finn solo. When you want songs that are basically someone just talking and telling sad stories about doomed people, he’s your man

It was exactly that, with some really nice stories and background in between, the gig was on Sept 11, told the story of his now wife being trapped in the building and escaping in that day, sad but heartwarming

chrispoffer

colpFull Member
    Saw The Allergies last night in Birkenhead.

If you like old school hiphop and scratching mixed with funk/soul I’d definitely recommend them live.

I’ve seen them a few times now, always good.  Was it just the two of them on the decks or did they have Andy Cooper, Marietta and the guy on sax too?

wait4me

K&D Sessions is the soundtrack to a very hazy time in my life so this is proper exciting.

Same here. 4 tickets booked for Festival Hall London….in a box! how times have changed! At least I can dad dance in relative privacy though.

See there’s a vinyl box set reissue (obviously). Feel I should buy it as my cd is one of many we ripped off on the night shift when I should have been colouring in on the Mac.

vd

Robyn Hitchcock in Twyford church tonight. Not quite sure what to expect. Fan of the Soft Boys BITD but this is solo.

colp

I’ve seen them a few times now, always good.  Was it just the two of them on the decks or did they have Andy Cooper, Marietta and the guy on sax too?

Yeah, the full line up. They really do a great show don’t they, get the crowd involved. That’s the 2nd time I’ve seen them in Future Yard, great little venue and only 10 minutes away from us.

simondbarnes

Tom Hingley at The Castle Hotel in Manc next Friday for me :-)

redmex
    Free Member

I just saw a review of Elvis Costello ,Steve Nieve and another folk were walking out

I saw him maybe 8 years ago in Edinburgh and it was a bit of a bore fest the 1 1/2 hrs he was on just himself

Are all these band above for real names I’ve never heard of

Off to see Jockey Strapp and the Ruptures soon

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 1,835 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.