Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,745 total)
  • Gigs.
  • CountZero

Tonight I went to my first gig since before the whole lockdown thing, it was low-key and rather wonderful, and exactly what I needed.
    Where was the foyer of Bristol Beacon, formerly Colston Hall, and it was Jesca Hoop, who I’ve wanted to see for ages, but the opportunity never arose. She was lovely, funny and engaging, and I’ll be seeing her again later this year when she supports Elbow in London.
    I have several more booked, including Laura Marling, and Lump, which is Laura again, but as a duo. Can’t wait! 😎

gazza100

I’m looking forward to gigs going ahead too. Got Snapped Ankles in Glasgow in October and Stag & Dagger in November. Still undecided about heading to Latitude this month which is mainly to due to the obvious COVID risks.

Northwind

Can’t wait to get back to it, I was really lucky- had 4 absolutely brilliant shows (3 Hold Steadys, and a Trail of Dead) and one pretty decent one (Frank Turner) literally the week before lockdown- that last show at the Barras felt pretty sketchy.

I think my first one back is Biffy in Glasgow, that’s going to be pretty much a religious experience…

kelvin

Missed gigs so much. First one is lined up very soon… John Bramwell (I Am Kloot).

swavis

I’m certainly going to make up for the lack of gigs over the pandemic, got Bloodstock festival, The LaFontaines, Evil Scarecrow, Monsterfest, The Offspring, Alestorm and Enter Shikari before the end of the year and few for early next year too. Can’t bloody wait! 🤘😁

I think my first one back is Biffy in Glasgow, that’s going to be pretty much a religious experience…

I had pals at the Download pilot and they pretty much said Frank Turner was this. They’re not even normally fans of his music but the emotional experience and atmosphere blew them away and were all reduced to tears. Gutted I had to miss it.

Jakester
    Free Member

My band has its first gig since 15th March 2020 on Saturday. Only a rock covers band but really looking forward to it!

StuF

I’ve got London Grammar and Public Service Broadcasting in November – looking forward to both of those. Not been to a gig in ages

DezB
    Free Member

Apart from WFH this has been the biggest change for me over the last year+. Been shit.
    Squid were supposed to be playing a sold out gig at the Joiners in Southampton next Tuesday, what an amazing return that would’ve been, but they cancelled it, without rescheduling. Gutted.
    Next reschedules are Nathan Fake at my fave tiny venue in Brighton, Green Door Store, sept 11th.. will it won’t it!?
    Then Idles, (album launch huh!) Soton… that will be some comeback.
    3 on Oct, then everything else seems to have been rescheduled for November – gigs on the 6, 7th, 10th, 11th, 16 & 24th. One of those is Snapped Ankles who I’ve not seen. Full on month, if it all works out!
    Oh and finally, Dec 17th – Jimmy Carr – which I booked for me and my son in 2018!

asbrooks

Have some gigs coming up, all rescheduled. The only one I’m worried about going to is the Bunnymen gig at Rock City. It’s always been a crowded sweaty place, after having not experienced crowed places for 14 months I’m a little standoffish.. Not sure if I’ll enjoy it.
    The last gig was just before lockdown, went to see Supergrass at Ally Pally. I remember looking around the crowd and thinking, is this a little irresponsible?

verses

I also had a cancelled, non-rescheduled Squid gig coming up.

Which means my first return gig is Wildhearts in Sept, then the Ipswich Sound City mini festival thingy (Warmduscher among others) in Oct, then Coach Party later that month.

freeagent
    Free Member

i’m off to see a folk singer called Phil Odgers (vocalist from the Men they couldn’t hang) on 17-July – it had to be rearranged into two sittings due to the ‘stage 4’ roll-out being moved to 19-July.
    Beyond that we’ve got Inhaler in October, The Men they couldn’t hang in December and Country-to-Country at the O2 in March ’22 – which has been pushed back 2 years!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was looking at Submotion Orchestra mid-October but I have a nagging doubt we shall be back under restrictions by then. If I knew it was going to happen I’d have bought tickets in an instant but can’t be bothered with the uncertainty.

Marin
    Free Member

I’ve got Gaye Bykers on Acid and Suzanne Vega lined up. Diverse musical tastes.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I am with you, have tickets for Beautiful Days festival which if it goes ahead will just be an emotional, amazing, overly drunk 3 days in a field. Normally catch at least 1 band a month locally so its been one of the main things I have missed. Can’t wait to get back to it.

lb77

Maximo Park in October for me, after being rearranged twice. Next will be We Are Scientists in December, tickets on sale this Friday!

sharkattack

Still hurting over managing to get Rage Against the Machine and Run the Jewels tickets for Madison Square Garden and having to apply for a refund. That would have been a memorable one.

Got nothing else lined up yet.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve got James Manford and Tim Vine coming up in autumn then finally getting to see Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs in the new year.

I am praying I get tickets to Glasto next year to take away all the hurt in one big chunk.

Blackflag
    Free Member

This has all gone very 6 music

asbrooks

Gaye Bykers on Acid

Ah good ol Leicester band..

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I’ve really missed live music, doing the online stream thing just isn’t the same.

I’ve got Arab Strap 10th September, The Jesus and Mary Chain 15th November, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 22nd November(if I get tickets when they go on sale) and IDLES 4th February.

Although fully vaccinated the whole covid thing in a crowd is still stressing me out.

sharkattack

Where else can a bunch of 40 year old white men find out about new music?

magoos_mate
    Free Member

Bicep 💪 WHP

reluctantjumper

Got London Grammar coming up at the end of October in Cardiff hopefully! Fully expecting it to be cancelled though zso not holding out too much hope.

Before all of this I used to catch loads of local gigs as I heard about them and get the odd free ticket for random stuff at the Motorpoint Arena (CIA) via contacts through my old job. I haven’t overly missed going to gigs though as the whole ‘crowd’ thing just doesn’t feel like a good idea currently.

choppersquad
    Free Member

EMF in December and I can’t bloody wait.
    Probably not many fans on here but they really are a great live band.

Marin
    Free Member

If Maximo Park are looking for their rider from last Liverpool gig I wandered back stage drunk and nicked it to share amongst punters smoking outside. Jesus and Mary Chain were appallingly bad few years ago. Left halfway through along with rest of the audience.

fatoldgit

Tonight I went to my first gig since before the whole lockdown thing

God, I’m so jealous…

Jah Wobble in February last year was my last gig,

And though I have a pile of rescheduled gigs and newly bought tickets to look forward there is nothing till October

Will be scanning all the what’s on guides looking for something before then.

tartanscarf

Got James coming up in Glasgow this November. Gojira for next June. D is a big Alan is Morisette fan so got a couple of tickets as an excuse to get away. Sure I’ll get a few more in too.

keefezza
    Free Member

Ahhh I remember gigs, music but played by the people who made it right in front of your face, right?

I’ll be playing my first 2 gigs ever in September after being cancelled several times already. 180 capacity and sold out on both nights, terrified.
    Also got a while she sleeps gig in September (and to keep on bikes, revs and bike park Wales trip that month).
    Hoping for trivium in no, gojira in march, in flames owe me a gig at some point and I fully intend to go to a lot more local gigs.

Covid party anxiety is very real though.

gallowayboy

Robyn Hitchcock in September will be our first since Steve Mason in September 2019. And Porridge Radio then Gong follow sometime after that. I cant wait, and I might try to find something sooner..

kelvin

I’ve got Arab Strap 10th September

When were the dates announced? What the… ticket buying time.

EMF in December and I can’t bloody wait.
    Probably not many fans on here but they really are a great live band.

Recent solo material has been great… West Country Raver!

our first since Steve Mason in September 2019

My last gig as well, in Leeds.

gallowayboy

My last gig as well, in Leeds.

Trades Club here – he played Dry the Rain and Dr Baker…..great gig!

DezB
    Free Member

Still got 3 tickets for my most anticipated gig ever ever ever waiting for me in Brighton.. no word if they’re rescheduling PLEASE! or cancelling NOOOOOOO! its making me quite tense.
    Clipping. btw

CountZero

Name another radio station that plays such a diverse range of music, and a significant amount of it absolutely new. Shazam gets used practically every time I put the radio on.
    My only other source is Uncut Magazine.

Squid were supposed to be playing a sold out gig at the Joiners in Southampton

They played a tiny little gig in Chippenham four or five weeks ago, Steve Lamaq mentioned it as I was driving home, and I couldn’t for the life of me think where it could have taken place, then I bumped into a friend I hadn’t seen in ages, and she told me it was in a small pub near the station, which has been a folkie pub for many years, because their singer comes from the town, which I’d forgotten. One of her sons knows them and promoted them for a while, which all added up.
    I wish I’d looked into it and tried to get in, but it was probably well over-subscribed!

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, Squid are doing a lot of touring – this was a tour pre-album release (they did another tour for the album!) and was about 5 gigs, all now cancelled. They had another tour booked around October – seeing them at a different Southampton venue on the 4th, but the Joiners is a special place.

b33k34

Last gig was The Hold Steady in Camden….

next… End of the Road 2 September. Lots of good stuff (and very 6Music)….
    Sleafords, John Grant, Arlo Parks, Dry Cleaning, Warmduscher, Billy Nomates,

Then I think it’s Gruff Rhys some time in autumn…

johndrummer
    Free Member

I’ve got Stiff Little Fingers, Echo & The Bunnymen and The Mission all rescheduled for early next year. Blondie + Garbage in November.

And my band returns to playing live early August in Blackpool. Come along if you like a bit of punk rock

jkomo

Just don’t get Squid at all.
    Anyway fingers crossed for Greenman festival.

wordnumb
    Free Member

CountZero sed > Name another radio station that plays such a diverse range of music

NTS.

My lot are gigging in September, probably in Slipknot drag.

DavidB
    Free Member

My last gig was last night. I was oar number 3 bow side. Practised our racing starts and did a few Ks round the harbour.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve got Gaye Bykers on Acid

That’s a blast from the past, Mary is in PWEI now!!

Got tickets for me and Mrs to see The Levellers in Nov. 30th Anniversary of Levelling the Land…Christ I’m old!! First saw the in 1992!!
    There’s only one way

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,745 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.