Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,745 total)
  • Gigs.
  • DavidB
    Free Member

My claim to fame is that I was ferried back from London by the Levellers in Charlie’s van the night Bruno fought Tyson. We listened to the fight at his flat then went down the all night cafe for a brace of veggie breakfasts. Never really liked their music but lovely fellas.

jimmy

I can’t do gigs because of the ringing in my ears. However, i’d really like to do a low-key outdoor music festival. Any recommendations for that kind of thing? Preferably Scotland.

Here’s one I spotted. https://edenfestival.co.uk/

swavis

Have a look at Doune the rabbit hole

I’ve also got An evening with Halestorm at the Barra’s (should be brilliant) and Gojira with Alien Weaponry the following night next March. Just need to sweet talk the in-laws into an extra night of childminding….

llama

EOTR festival, carried over from last year, first week in September, perfect timing for the inevitable 3rd wave lockdown. Then charlatans and gruff rhys later in the year.

DezB
    Free Member

Yay! First gig in a year and a half last night. Bob Vylan at the Joiners. In at the deep, loud and heavy end. Loved it.
    Amazed people are so nonchalant about Covid though tbh. Band invoked group hug at the end. I didn’t join that and kept mask on most of the time. Am I too cautious?
    Good to get the earoles ringing again anyway and Bobby is a quality front man with much to say.

Mister-P
    Free Member

https://farmfestival.co.uk/

I am heading to Somerset tomorrow for my first event of 2021. I’ve not heard of any of the bands so it’s a couple of days of musical discovery, which is no bad thing.

DezB
    Free Member

Make sure you catch Snapped Ankles, they’re great

BEAK>> is an ex-Portishead fella I think

And The Den on Saturday has a good lineup. Drop a pill and yer off ;)

[edit]Slagheap look awesome! :D

egb81
    Free Member

https://farmfestival.co.uk/

Worth checking out Luo. They were excellent supporting the Physics House Band a few years back.

I’ve got Vennart with Sugar Horse supporting, Alpha Male Tea Party and Every Time I Die lined up over the coming months. I miss live music.

the-muffin-man

Should have had my tent up and a beer in hand now at YNot Festival but it was cancelled. :-(

Only gig I’ve got lined up so far is Kasabian in October. Didn’t want to book then have to wait for refunds! :-)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Drop a pill and yer off

I’m taking my 12 year old daughter with me and I am not sharing my stash with her. If she wants to get messy then she can buy her own.

DezB
    Free Member

She’s already planning how to smuggle them onto the site :D

boltonjon

Booked tickets to see Alanis Morrissette in November. Worth lots of brownie points with the Mrs, but i must avoid getting really really cross because its at the O2, the worse venue in London….

In better news, I just bought some tickets for the Eels in Vienna for next March. Seems far too far away though but will be amazing!

llama

am heading to Somerset

As above plus

Katy j Pearson for sunny pop vibes

Henge for borderline cheesy sci fi singalong oddness

stanfree
    Free Member

Peat and Diesel in North Berwick in two weeks then Bicep in december in Embra…
    Polar opposites
    Cant wait.

docrobster
    Free Member

Tramlines last weekend was ace. Not really bands I’d choose to see except for a couple but it was pretty much every artists first gig for a year and a half and they were so happy. It was really quite emotional at times.
    Shame I caught covid but hey-ho you can’t have everything. Means I’ve not been able to go to lovely eggs tonight…
    Anyway… green man in 3 weeks and I’ll be full of antibodies…

DezB
    Free Member

It was really quite emotional at times.

I got that, even from the aggro punks that are Bob Vylan in a tiny venue. They were so chuffed to be playing live again. Seriously thinking of going to their Brighton gig in August too. Otherwise I’ll have to wait til mid-September for my next gig!

saynotoslomo
    Free Member

Peat and Diesel in North Berwick in two weeks

Jealous! Always loved the atmosphere at Fringe by the Sea and was gutted that it was sold out by the time I saw they were playing. Managed to get tickets for their Fort William gig in October though so it’s not all bad – fingers crossed the new blue track will be open by then and I can make a weekend of it!

p7eaven
    Free Member

Tickets to see Osees in Brizzle, Spring last year, obv Covid cancelled so then was put back to this year, then again now to 2022!

I hope to make it

ajantom

Just booked our first gig at the Exeter Cavern 😎🤘

Having left (well, we disbanded) my band of 10+ years in 2018, 3 mates and I formed a new band in January 2020.
    Managed to keep practicing virtually, and in person, as and when we were allowed.
    Even did a guerilla DIY recording sesh in September, and released some tunes.

So, so happy to be nearly gigging again.

metalheart
    Free Member

Agnes Obel in September. 2022 that is as last April was postponed. To September, then again to this September and again (just the other week) for next. Guess the thought of a UK tour in a potential covid soup wasn’t particularly appealing…

Last gig was Angel Olsen at Barrowlands which was a sell out iirc. I didn’t enjoy the packed sweatyness then (music was great though, fortunately). Hoping Agnes is a seated gig… 🤪🤣

choppersquad
    Free Member

Yep.. another one for thrice delayed Agnes Obel.
    After working abroad for her last tour I’m beginning to wonder if I’m destined to never see her live.

muzzle
    Free Member

Was anybody else from here at Latitude festival?

Brilliant weekend – felt like being back to normal. My highlights were Dry Cleaning and Working Mens Club on Sunrise stage. Squid were excellent on BBC Sounds stage and my 11 year-old daughter discovered the Chemical Brothers, who she loved. Mind you, she also enjoyed Bastille’s dreary headline set so maybe she isn’t the best judge :)

Oh, and Bill Bailey’s Sunday afternoon set in the sun was awesome.

gazza100

Was anybody else from here at Latitude festival?

I ended up going despite the obvious covid concerns. Despite the 300+ mile drive from Scotland, it was a great weekend.
    Lucia and the Best Boys, Dream Wife, Squid and Hot Chip were probably my highlights. Getting back to some normality, albeit for a long weekend, was great. Getting home Covid free was also a bonus 😁.

Got tickets for the Wide Awake festival in London on September 3rd so hopefully that goes ahead too.

ajantom

Just been offered a support slot for Chubby and the Gang. Which is nice 😎 always nice to support a band you like.

Also I’m off to Beautify Days in a few weeks.
    First festival as a punter in about a decade, which will be weird, but fun.

doomanic

Anyone going to Lakefest? My brother’s band are on the main stage on Saturday.

swavis

Bloodstock can’t come fast enough for me 🤘🏻😎

jate
    Free Member

Mrs Jate and I were at Latitude. It felt great to be back at a festival tbh and we quickly seemed to forget any Covid concerns.
    Plenty of great sets, my highlight being Sunday evening in the BBC tent with Nubya Garcia followed two sets later by Sons of Kemet. I’d seen The Comet Is Coming at Latitude in 2019 so was really looking forward to one of Shabaka Hutchings other bands. Theon Cross (the tuba player) had got pinged at the last minute so had to drop out. Fortunately there was a rather able stand in available in Nubya Garcia…… Just brilliant. Also nice to see a range of musicians watching from the wings including the guys from Shame who seemed quite impressed by the dual drum/sax lineup.

DezB
    Free Member

Just booked to see Jungle. Bizarrely only £15 – including their new CD or £22 including the album.
    Thought I might as well, bit a dancin. :)

footflaps

I can’t do gigs because of the ringing in my ears.

I have tinitus 24/7 and loud music aggrivates it.

But I find muscians ear plugs, which attenuate the music a set amount but maintain clarity, work really well and I can go to gigs with them.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Slagheap look awesome!

@dezb
    maybe up your street but definitely not my bag. I tried, I really did, but went for a beer instead.

DezB
    Free Member

haha! Never heard em, just saw the picture on the line-up page! :D

What was good??

chrispoffer

stanfree
    Free Member
    Peat and Diesel in North Berwick in two weeks then Bicep in december in Embra…
    Polar opposites
    Cant wait.

Ha! Looks like I’ll be seeing the mighty P & D twice over the next few months. We had tickets for the Cluny booked for last December which has been rescheduled for Dec this year – and they’re also playing at Lindisfarne festival at the start of Sept too.

First proper gig for us this year was Royal Blood a couple of weeks ago in Newcastle which felt awesome. Got Little Comets, Gerry Cinnamon and Kasabian all booked in too. It’s great to be back at gigs :-)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Laimu were very much my kind of thing for an early afternoon band.

Nick

@docrobster
    First Gig in 500+ days was Lovely Eggs at Gorilla in Manchester a week last Friday, and I’m off too Green Man in a couple of weeks too, can’t wait.

Then Manchester Psychfest in a month, Stereolab headlining, nice.

A couple of weeks after that down to London for the weekend and a Friday night at the Jazz Cafe for Koop (well the Oscar Orchestra anyway).

Then a bit of a break before Godspeed You! Black Emperor in Jan and Big Thief in Feb.

DezB
    Free Member

Anything less…. jazz ? ;)

Nick

Actually, forgot, meetings some friends in Birmingham to see James in November, taking a month off from gigs in October as will be attempting the Bearbones 200

sadmadalan

I’ve got Greenman and EotR lined up and then a couple of gigs in November, assuming they actually happen! Courtney Marie Andrews and Bon Iver – both are rearranged from last year.

Nick

Just for @DezB

Really looking forwards to Emma-Jean Thackray at GM

DezB
    Free Member

Well, my jazz bit was referring to Laimu, but er, no that’s.. erm, er, no. Ta.

I nearly booked the Lovely Eggs in Brighton, cos they had AK/DK supporting. But it was well, it was last night.

johndrummer
    Free Member

If anyone is in Blackpool on Saturday night (7th August) & at a loss for something to do, come along to The Washington for a free entry night of Punk Rock. My band The Allergics are on at 8:45pm.
    We’re on Spotify if you want know what to expect
    I’ll be at the back, behind the drums

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,745 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.