Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,610 total)
  • Gigs.
  • the-muffin-man

I’ve got Biffy Clyro tomorrow night which were £50/ticket (plus fees!), which I didn’t think was too bad as they don’t skimp on enthusiam. Not sure what it works out at per swear-word! 🙂

Have to admit though I was a bit disappointed with them in 2018 and the new stuff is further down the crooner cul de sac

Seen AM twice.

Their home coming gig at Don Valley circa 2002 – awesome

2018 (maybe) with their new stuff at Sheffield Arena – walked out, it was terrible

squirrelking
    Free Member

@desperatebicycle

Are you fellas actually travelling to Belgium just to watch a band??

I was trawling the entirety of Europe for standing Rammstein tickets, I was supposed to see them in Belfast in 2020 but the gig was postponed and eventually cancelled.

sillyoldman

A pal and I went to Austin to see Mogwai and Papa M play in August 2019.

Obviously made a holiday of it and visited Austin BMX spots between tacos and pints of Hazy Little Thing.

vd

Always liked the Joiners and recall fondly gigs with Jackie Leven (ex Doll by Doll, now gone) and David Thomas (Pere Ubu). Last visit was 3 years ago for Pom Poko, supported by Orchards(?), both great. What really made it even better the last time (and hopefully still) was the craft beer bar. By far the best beer I can recall in any music venue.
    Now in Antwerp, only slight regret is the gig coincides with Billie’s Bar Kafeteria beer festival – 50 top brewers, 400 beers. Ticket only and no limit on drinking/tasting but a ticket is 88 euro. If they are as good as the Protokoll IPAs I tried at Billie’s last night, including the best Black IPA I have tasted (Billie is a Punkrocker) it might even be value for money for those of a very stern constitution.

desperatebicycle

Starting tomorrow, I’ve got 6 gigs in the next 3 weeks (including clipping. twice! so excited!) – if i had to pay £50 a pop I’d be living on the streets 😆 clipping. at Fabric was about £35 though 😲

militantmandy
    Free Member

Clutch tonight in Glasgow, should be a good one.

the-muffin-man

Are you fellas actually travelling to Belgium just to watch a band??

More than 2 hours away is enough for me to say ‘naaaah, can’t be arsed with that’! 🙂

squirrelking
    Free Member

@militantmandy same, absolutely buzzing!

69er_Gav
    Free Member

@vd We also considered Billie’s beer festival but a bit pricey and I’d likely get rather pished before seeing Jason which isn’t a good idea. Will definitely be checking out the bar though…..looks cracking!

docrobster
    Free Member

Just bought tickets for the bug club next April in Nottingham.
    for everyone moaning at £100 for dinosaurs hiding behind pianos. These tickets are £13. And they are the best fun I’ve had at a gig.
    I’m trying  to tempt my wife to see them in York on Sunday  (£11!) as she missed them last weekend at hebden due to the covids. That would be the 4th time this year.
    Have a listen here to get an idea…https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001dl0d?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

2018 (maybe) with their new stuff at Sheffield Arena – walked out, it was terrible

glad it’s not just me!

rick@twelve50bikes

Bug Club were absolutely ace in Manc last night. Missed them last time around and been looking forward to this one for ages – they didn’t disappoint!

BoardinBob

Manc last night

Where’s good in Manc for music during the week? I’m down a couple of times a month now for work and always looking for something to fill my evenings.

I went to The Blues Kitchen last night on the promise of live blues music at 8pm. In reality it was some pretty bland easy listening music by a capable enough but not exactly what I wanted band. Ended up leaving after half a dozen songs.

DougD

Young Fathers in Glasgow in March, looking forward to it. Saw them in Leith Theatre as part of the Hidden Door festival back in 2018 which was ace, not sure if it’ll match up to that but should be worth a watch.

ElShalimo

Just booked tickets for The War on Drugs at Halifax Piece Hall next year

😎

I missed out on the tickets for The Lumineers

☹️

BoardinBob

The War on Drugs

They were fantastic earlier this year in Edinburgh. Got my tickets for Glasgow next year

desperatebicycle

Young Fathers in Glasgow in March

Gutted they are doing such a limited tour! Saw them a couple of times in Brighton years ago and they were amazing.

Creg

Going to see Brutus in Manchester next Thursday. First gig since 2019, looking forward to it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@militantmandy and anyone else, have a spare standing ticket for Clutch tonight in Glasgow going. Doors are at 7.

the-muffin-man

Saw Biffy last night at the NEC – band were great, crowd was shit!!! Apart from a small mosh at the front.

You’d think they’d booked for Michael Buble not Biffy Clyro. Had to go in seated as all standing had sold out, but at every other rock gig I’ve been too as soon as the band strikes up people are on their feet. But when someone stood they were being asked to sit down. Couple of blokes next to us nearly throwing punches. Only for the last two song did people finally wake up.

I’ve not been to a stadium gig for a long time though so probably been spoilt by vibe in smaller venues. Think I’m done with stadiums.

asbrooks

Saw Warmduscher at Rock City the other week. OMG I’d not expected what I got.
    6 Music play them now and again so I’d heard of them, so when a mate calls me and say’s I have a couple of tickets do you wanna go? I was expecting a dirty version of LCD Sound System. We got a full on Punk Rock show. They are my new favourite band.

ojom
    Free Member

Saw Clutch last night. Was sick. Green Lung were also really good as the warm up.

desperatebicycle

I wasn’t expecting that, but TV Priest were bloody brilliant tonight. Helped that it was at the Joiners, nice and close and intimate, but they make a great noise. Go see em!
    Marlowe tomorrow, very different!

CountZero

But when someone stood they were being asked to sit down.

😳

That still happens? **** me upside down! I haven’t been to a concert where that sort of stupidity happens in years!

for everyone moaning at £100 for dinosaurs hiding behind pianos. These tickets are £13.

£100? I wish! Decent tickets for Peter Gabriel’s new tour are around £145, on the arena floor £195! I just can’t justify spending that much at the moment.

zippykona

Really got out of the habit of seeing bands but someone offered us a box at the Albert Hall with food and drink thrown in. Seemed rude not to find something to see.
    I know a few Frampton songs so I chose that one.
    He was helped on stage as he can now barely walk. I thought that this didn’t look good, no one can rock out sitting down.
    Well and truly proved wrong. His legs may be shot but his fingers and voice are 50 years younger than the rest of him!
    Lines on my face and By your Side were the stand out tracks but bloody hell can that man play. Really glad I went.
    We could have seen Killing Joke but there’s no way you can see them in a box.
    null

asbrooks

We could have seen Killing Joke but there’s no way you can see them in a box.

They were a favourite of mine in the early eighties. I’d not want to go unless standing. I like to have a dance around at the front.

asbrooks

I was waiting for Depeche Mode to announce a tour. At £140 to see at twickenham, I’ll give that a miss.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Saw Clutch last night. Was sick. Green Lung were also really good as the warm up.

Saw about 10 mins of Tiger Cub, they sounded alright as well.

Was absolutely soaked when I got out, still damp when I got home as well 🤢😆

Sandwich

At what point do you baulk at ticket prices?

Herself doesn’t appear to have a limit. Springsteen next year made me wince a little but “The Boss” is not getting younger and I doubt we’ll see him again this side of the pond.

Regarding travelling, Antwerp is quite close but further is usually a good excuse for a city mini-break.

dynamiccoins
    Free Member

I went to the ICA last week to see Black Country, New Road who were great…but only played for 45 minutes which is a bit short if you ask me.

The support band O were really good. They are a sax and drums duo and I’d recommend them if anyone is in London this Thursday and at a loose end. They’re playing in Peckham –

https://link.dice.fm/GSfabeAiPub

Their first single….

I’d definitely be going but I’ve this cough/throat thing going round so feel rubbish

smokey_jo

Anyone here going to see Jason Isbell at the O2 in Manchester on Friday ?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

saw Fontaines D.C at the O2 Victoria on Friday night, was alright, tickets were free so that helped, aggy crowd though, some randomer managed to trash into me and spill my drink all over the mrs when he was on a march somewhere, aggy little witch giving someone lad and his mrs shit, he was a bit ketty but no bother,

edhornby

Ah Smokey wished I had spotted that one (mrs ed out that night so no) enjoy

BoardinBob – Night and Day (manchester institution that the council are being really pita to), Matt n Phreds for jazz, New Century has reopened and putting bands on, check the listing for the Academy chain, Gorilla, Deaf Institute, probably loads of others I can’t recall right now

desperatebicycle

Marlowe last night was superb entertainment. Gotta love a rapper who is just enjoying playing to a small crowd, intelligent lyrics and no shouting into the mic. Saw them almost exactly a year ago and I swear the crowd was bigger. Maybe cos this one was a Sunday night.
    The Umlauts next, tomorrow.

Then. OMG. Clipping. I’m more excited than an old geezer has any right to be!

Thinking possibly Suede next spring, but the Mrs reckons Brett Anderson was a bit shit live way back when they were a thing. Anyone seen them recently?

docrobster
    Free Member

Apparently we’re going to see bellowhead a week before n Sunday. Nice bit of folk never did anyone any harm🤷🏼‍♂️

I seem to remember seeing suede at a festival probably latitude about 8-10 years ago. Can’t recall if any good or not. I was a bit underwhelmed with them on jools recently

rockbus

>TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

maybe biased as I think suede and Brett have always been brilliant when I have seen them.

were also fantastic at Glastonbury just a few years ago.And recent gigs gave had great reviews

I’ve tickets for Birmingham show next year and can’t wait!

simondbarnes

Saw a lovely Jazz Quartet at MASH in Macclesfield last night. Love small venues like that. I wish the Thursday night gigs started earlier than 2130/2200 so that I’m not so sleepy at work the following day though 😅

Next one possibly back at MASH again a week on Saturday for the Jazz Defenders.

woody2000

JOHN at the Brudenell last night were bloody brilliant. LOUD! For 2 blokes they make a real wall of sound 🙂

4 bands on last night, 3+ hours of music for a measly £16. Recommend anyone to check out the Brudenell if you’re in Leeds, such a great venue 👍

desperatebicycle

clipping. Fabric, London now done. Waited 9 years to see them, Covid delayed 2 years! But I can die happy. It was extraordinary.
    But hang on! Brighton, December 2nd? clipping? I think I’ll see that first! 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,610 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.