Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,610 total)
  • Gigs.
  • docrobster
    Free Member

My daughter and her boyfriend going to see arctic monkeys at hillsborough park next June. I didn’t try to get tickets for it. We will let them enjoy that on their own. I’m sure it will be an amazing night.
    Have to admit though I was a bit disappointed with them in 2018 and the new stuff is further down the crooner cul de sac. Was lucky enough to see them at old Trafford cricket ground with amy winehouse as support. 2006? Between first 2 albums. Don’t think I’ll beat that. Even though it was on the wrong side of the Pennines 😃

BoardinBob

Marcus King tickets bought for next year

Annoyingly, I was supposed to have a work meeting in Manchester next week, which I’ve sorted travel and accommodation for. As a result, I didn’t buy tickets for the Tedeschi Trucks Band in Glasgow. Just been told my meeting next week is cancelled and the concert is sold out 🙄

IdleJon

I saw The Mary Wallopers in The Globe, Cardiff last night. An Irish folk band in a small venue and plenty of beer – it was brilliant. They were great fun, could play well and had good interaction with the lively crowd. If only there was an Irish word for this sort of evening. 😀

Next week, a change of pace, Level 42 with my wife. We can walk to this one, so no need to arrange transport, and will get some food on the way down, making it a nice night out. A little less rowdy than last night, I’m going to guess. Who’s ready for some slap-bass funk-pop! 😀

cinnamon_girl

Marcus King and Tedeschi Trucks Band are listened to on a big scale here. Derek Trucks is a phenomenal guitar player, would love to see him play live. Check out Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, amazing on the guitar and played in London recently.

BoardinBob

Yeah big Kingfish fan. Saw him recently in Glasgow and he was fantastic

cinnamon_girl

Wow, lucky you! He’s very young too, need to find out his back story. Am also enjoying a bit of blue grass and Billy Strings is very impressive.

cat69uk
    Free Member

Jamie T next week, week after Fontaines DC, then start of December The Cure. Looking forward to them all.

tartanscarf
    BoardinBob

@boardinbob tickets on twickets right now https://www.twickets.live/event/1582688337418788864.

Cheers.

In a wee stroke of luck, I just discovered they’re actually playing Manchester next Wedensday and I’m down from Wed to Fri so I’ve grabbed a ticket for the Manc gig!

tuboflard

Got myself two tickets for Pulp at Bridlington next year, can’t wait. Would love to see them in Sheffield (my home city) but guessed the queues for tickets would be manic. And I was right. No problems getting them for Brid so will make a nice weekend away of it.

docrobster
    Free Member

The bug club in hebden tonight. Awesome

docrobster
    Free Member
    paulhaycraft

Just got back from seeing Ride at here@outernet in London. Great gig. As someone else said the venue has great sound if a little sterile feeling.
    Enjoyed a few 90s throwbacks recently.

lister

Took the kids to see Cavetown in Hammersmith last night. Not really my cup of tea but I love seeing good musicians play. The most diverse, supportive and progressive gig I’ve ever been to; everyone in a very welcoming atmosphere where they could be whatever they wanted. That was the best bit, the inclusive nature of the fan base was a joy to see.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

saw Bob Dylan Friday night in Oxford, exceeded expectations, Bob spent nearly all the gig behind an upright piano and pooped out three, four times just to say thanks and goodnight. Going to see about seeing him again on this tour, but that might involve a bit of travel.

sillyoldman

Bill Callahan was incredible last night in Glasgow. Worth it for the drummer alone.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Meute On Thursday at the Marble factory in Bristol.
    Rather brilliant if Marching Band Techno is your thing.

rt60
    Free Member

How was the Marble Factory?

I have heard mixed reports about the sound.

dmck16
    Free Member

Biffy Clyro at the OVO Hydro tonight, which should be alright.

But it’s Mogwai at the Barrowlands just before Christmas that I’m really looking forward to.

jobro
    Free Member

Went to see Bob Dylan at Bournemouth last night, a 70th birthday present from my daughter. I’ve probably been to worse gigs but I’m really finding it difficult to remember what they may have been.
    He didn’t speak to the crowd at all except to say goodnight, hid behind a piano all gig except for one shakey bow to the audience and drawled so badly I failed to understand 95% of what he was saying.Sound quality seemed to be all over the place and some of the band never improved beyond plinky plonky guitar and mandolin playing! And for £110 a ticket. Nevertheless I was clearly in a minority in my opinion as the crowd seemed to go wild at everything they did.

vd

Jason Isbell in Antwerp next weekend, following long COVID delay. Waiting for Pom Poko to get back out there.

TheDTs
    Free Member

@RT. Seemed ok to me, was v loud!
    To the point that I’m looking into ear protection for future gigs. I’m no audiophile mind you.
    I thought the band sounded great.

2tyred

Bill Callahan was incredible last night in Glasgow. Worth it for the drummer alone.

Yes!

Missed the first 5 minutes, always forget Saturday shows at the QM start and finish stupidly early.

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Biffy Clyro at the OVO Glasgow were amazing tonight, though they never disappoint. Best live band out there just now imo.

@vd
    We are also off to see Jason Isbell in Antwerp on Saturday. Beyond excited after the two year delay.

docrobster
    Free Member

Just back from Julia Jacklyn at the ritz in manc. Bit different from the previous 2 nights but great all the same. Next up, the cure in Leeds next month. Then nothing in the diary till self esteem March 23. Need to book a few tickets…

vd

@69er_Gav – Also excited to visit Antwerp. Only been for 30 minutes in the rain before sunrise to start RVV. 20 minutes of that was walking stairs and tunnel in road cleats carrying a bike to get under the river to the start.

desperatebicycle

This thread is nothing if not fascinating for it’s variety! And how different people’s idea of gigs are!
    Are you fellas actually travelling to Belgium just to watch a band??

pandhandj
    Free Member

Booked for next April – Tommy Blaize & NYJO Present: Ray Charles in the Usher Hall in Edinburgh. I’m not xcited already!

desperatebicycle

Ray Charles

Is Joe Cocker the support?

BoardinBob

Also excited to visit Antwerp

I used to go to Antwerp every month for work. If you like seafood, this place is fantastic

Fiskebar

vd

Regular visitor to Belgium, normally for beer and bikes, but only fleetingly to Antwerp. Saw Jason Isbell a few years back in Brighton and thought a smaller gig in Belgium would be more fun than London. Turning it into a longer holiday to make sense of the visit.

Tried to see Wire in Gent a few years back, but failed.

If you can still get UK tickets I would highly recommend.

IdleJon

I used to go to Antwerp every month for work. If you like seafood, this place is fantastic

It can’t be that good, there’s no-one there! 😀

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’d go to Belgium if Raketkanon reformed for a show or two.

the-muffin-man

At what point do you baulk at ticket prices?

Peter Gabriel is touring next year and the nearest venue to me has tickets from £92.50 plus all the booking gubbins. Add travel, parking, food and drink and it won’t be far off £350 for two of us.

We can afford it – but I just can’t justify that sort of spend for a night out.

BoardinBob

I spent £300 on a Guns N Roses VIP ticket. Been postponed 4 times now. Got a refund.

monkeyboyjc

Depends who it is, but around £50 seems to be my limit.

I’m seeing / booking more comedy gigs for 2023 than bands at the moment as it’s a fair bit cheaper and better quality around me with bigger names doing regular gigs in the area so less cost has to go in travelling.

johnjn2000

Squeeze in November – £40
    The Reytons in December (really looking forward to this one) – £20 (bargain)
    Frank Turner in Feb – £40
    WASP in March – £40
    Eels in April (Always awesome) – £45
    Arctic Monkeys June £85 x 4 bordering on ridiculous ( Possibly going to sell my ticket and let the wife and daughter go alone based on latest album)

*Edited to add the price theme*

desperatebicycle

Most of mine around still around the £15-20 mark. But then, as I said up the page a bit, my idea of a gig is very different to most people on here. Smaller the better for me.

TV Priest on Sat at the Joiners – £9 😀

IdleJon

Depends who it is, but around £50 seems to be my limit.

Same here, but we seem to be coming perilously close to that for some very mediocre acts. Level 42 last night was £40 each. I only went because my wife wanted to go. They were very well drilled and entertaining, but there’s only so much jazz-funk I can take…

Eels in April (Always awesome)

Ooh, never seen him and he’s one of my favourite acts. But….yet again the nearest gig is miles away. 🙁

johnjn2000

@desperatebicycle

TV Priest on Sat at the Joiners – £9 😀

Love that venue. If I could choose a venue at which to see all the bands I listed above, it would be the Joiners closely followed by Wedgies.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,610 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.