Home Forums Bike Forum Follow-Me tandem

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Follow-Me tandem
  • Bez

Anyone use one of these? Expense aside it looks just about perfect; how does it cope with off-road, and how compromised – if at all – is the ability to carry panniers etc on the rack?

And, anyone selling one? 🙂

poly
    Free Member

is it really 4x better than a ‘trailgator’ (which is 1/4 the cost). Trail gator is heavy. son used it as he was a bit lazy on the peddles but daughter never bothered as she is keen enough to peddle on her own. Perhaps on a really long trip we might – but a tag-a-long would be better then as these are a bit of a compromise – heavier, longer (bigger turning circle) etc…

The engineering on this looks like I did it. Stick a bit here, then realise it needs another bit, then a bodge to fix that etc – its not exactly elegant design.

Oh and off road – I’ve taken tag-a-longs and tailgaters – but it needs careful thought. Bear in mind that you might have nice suspension, big wheels / tyres etc – the little person does not. If you are clipped in you are sticking to the peddles. If they are not and only have small hands etc – could be quite easy to come off. had two offs with the tailgater – one way a tree v’s handlebar on the towed bike going round a corner. The other was trying to ride it over a see-saw!

igm

We have a follow-me. It’s ok on light off road but it did come adrift through the bombsholes at Dalby. (Yes seriously)

What it’s best at I’d towing small children up road section so you have control in traffic and the releasing them when you get them off the road.

It does seem better than the trailgator in the same way a BOB trailer is better. 4x better? Who knows.

They are pretty well made, but they aren’t light. And you do need to set it up properly for each bike that uses it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Follow-Me tandem’ is closed to new replies.