Viewing 33 posts - 201 through 233 (of 233 total)
  • #TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP
  • gecko76

Nah, that’s the Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints, mentioned earlier on this thread I believe, and is awesome. The Bliterator is a bit more humble. 

cakefacesmallblock

Thunderbird 3

maccruiskeen

CountZero

I’ve always had a liking for the ship designs created for the cover of Philip K Dick’s book ‘Vulcan’s Hammer’, designed by Peter Elson
    This version was published in the 90’s, I think. Much, much better that many earlier versions, where the title was interpreted a bit too literally…

The top pic is an early sketch, afaik.

And the design for the original US paperback… 🤣

montgomery
    Free Member

No love for the Valley Forge?

Daffy

Damn you @Harry_the_Spider for your link to the spaceshipshop. I knew I shouldn’t have signed up to their mailiing list!

slackboy

forgotten about Anastasia:

lister

Star Wars/Culture mashup anyone?

woody2000

U.S.S Cygnus from Black Hole

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/3/35/Cygnus.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140122163723

alexpalacefan

Liked that Lister, cheers.

APF

Harry_the_Spider

Daffy
    Damn you @Harry_the_Spider for your link to the spaceshipshop. I knew I shouldn’t have signed up to their mailiing list!

I may have accidentally purchased the Narcissus from Alien.

swavis

Must…. resist…. that… site……

Northwind

If you think that shop’s dangerous, best not look on aliexpress for “lego” moc spaceships. I want the Eagle and the Battlestar Galactica and the Agamemnon and the Bird of Prey but I think I NEED the Rocinante. Shame that’s about £500 worth of stuff.

(I already needed a Deep Space 9 and a Red Dwarf)

CountZero

@Harry_the_Spider – thanks to you, I think I’ve found the perfect Christmas pressy for a mate of mine who’s hugely into anything SF related. It’s a toss-up between the BG Viper, and the Alien APC.  😁

househusband

To all those in this discussion that mentioned The Rocinante… thank you!

I’d never tried The Expanse and since last weekend I’m now well into the second series…

mogrim

If you think that shop’s dangerous, best not look on aliexpress for “lego” moc spaceships.

Damn you, @Northwind 😡

mashr

househusband
    I’d never tried The Expanse and since last weekend I’m now well into the second series…

The books are better too – wwaaayyyy more death than the 100,000 or so on TV

Harry_the_Spider

@mashr Just bought the first Expanse book… is this another black hole that I’m going to disappear down?

Northwind

househusband

The 3rd series changes gear massively, I enjoyed the first 2 but man I love the 3rd. It’s basically where the showrunners get the dr who-ish confidence to just do what they need to do and trust the audience to follow. Though it’d be worth watching just for David Strathairn lurching about, spouting incomprehensible space-gibberish and making bird noises.

tetrode
    Free Member

Honestly you can’t get better than Falling Outside the Normal Moral Constraints. That ‘battle’ scene in Surface Detail was so good, probably the most original space battle I’ve ever read.

mashr

Harry_the_Spider

@mashr
    Just bought the first Expanse book… is this another black hole that I’m going to disappear down?

Can’t be responsible – I’m only on book 2 (which was a bit slower to get going but still good so far)

Cougar

What’s the ship next to the Viper?

househusband

What’s the ship next to the Viper?

That’s the Nostromo’s shuttle in which Sigourney fled at the end of Alien – Narcissus.

seriousrikk

Late to the party as always! So hard to pick..

The Rocinante is right up there. Already seen pictures of that one.

Klingon Bird of Prey
    https://www.deviantart.com/disneyfan-01/art/Star-Trek-Klingon-Bird-of-Prey-664955597

Imperial Clipper anyone? I know the Cutter is bigger, but the lines are timeless on the clipper.
    Imperial Clipper

So many others I could mention.
    Love me a Nyx supercarrier (Eve Online)
    Nyx

And the Naglfar – because vertical.
    Nag
    Same goes for old favourite the B Wing

kimbers

have we done the last sarfigher?

the B5 starfurys were always cool & these and the BsG & even buck rogers ships were riffing on the x-wing,

star wars really did set the mould for both fighters & the giant boilerplate battleships

also love this a cube?!

reliant is probably my fave federation ship

for pure bonkers you cant beat the Lexx ( all praise his Divine Sshadow)

gecko76

star wars really did set the mould for both fighters & the giant boilerplate battleships

Yes but very WWII. Dieselpunk aesthetic.

slackboy

have we done the last starfigher?

Great film, and available on youtube:

danieljohnreynolds

B-wing had my vote too . Good old admiral Ackbar and the Mon Calimari for coming up with that one (even made it into an episode of Rebels, which I only know as I was watching it …mmm with my kids!!!).

Harry_the_Spider

PSA the offer code PLUS35 gets you 35% off at Eaglemoss!

Just bought a Viper Mk2 to go with my MK1. I’m in big trouble off the missus!

grahamh
    Free Member

Sacred Cow Shipyards

Take down of a lot of sifi space ships, can get a bit sweary.

Harry_the_Spider
Viewing 33 posts - 201 through 233 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘#TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP’ is closed to new replies.