Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 233 total)
  • #TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP
  • Murray

UFO interceptors – keeping Earth safe since 1971

johnners
    Free Member

Aliens drop ship, but is it technically a spaceship?

Well, it can get into orbit but that’s about it. So more so than that Virgin thing or that Bezos knobship but you’re not going interplanetary in one.

I’ve a model kit of one tucked away somewhere, must dig it out sometime!

johndoh
    Free Member

UFO interceptors – keeping Earth safe since 1971

S.H.A.D.O. Interceptor 😉

And I have already bagsied that one 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I need a S.H.A.D.O Mobile. Coolest vehicle in the Gerry Anderson universe.

richmtb

“Tough little ship”

the-muffin-man

How had I completely forgotten about UFO and SHADO!!? 😱😱

I had both the Mobile and Interceptor as toys.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Earth Directorate Star Fighter from Buck Rogers. Anything with Erin Grey on board has to be a winner.

Also like the Vipers from the original battlestar Galactica.

Moya from Farscape was a novel concept.

teesoo

+1 for the Defiant. Also thought the Voyager looked cool too.

nuke

For more earth orbit & our solar system, Starbug, Imperial Shuttle or Millennium Falcon but for deep space I’d take a Star Destroyer or the Red Dwarf

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fireball XL5.

johndoh
    Free Member

I had both the Mobile and Interceptor as toys.

Me too. I think I lost the torpedo from the Interceptor within about 3 hours of getting the toy.

spanishfly
    Free Member

Let the Schwartz be with you

Cougar

After lightening my wallet at this place WARNING

Why did you show me that link? WHY?!

You bastard! You complete and utter bastard!

sirromj

The Odyssey from Ulysses 31!

monkeyboyjc

I’m usually disappointed by any spaceship that has gravity which is unexplained within the story of the film or book…..

Having said that – the aliens drop ship has always been a favourite of mine.

Cougar

Anyway. I’m just going to leave this here as no bugger will likely recognise it.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Starfleet X Bomber.

big_scot_nanny

@Cougar – aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! What’s that showed called? I think I watched everyone of them on a Saturday morning as a kid. Even remember watching the very last one from the Freedom Inn in Aviemore whilst on holiday, pissing off my parents no end.

I think I used to sit and stare at the station logo waiting for bloody TV to start and that show to come one.

Brilliant memory!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/QreU6J9YXSn7zxnq6

I had an Intruder pal had the Avenger( arguably the better looking one though it wasn’t black)

trailwagger
    Free Member

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! What’s that showed called?

starfleet

Murray

Derek?

derek_starship
    Free Member

You called?

Cougar

You’re welcome.

Olly
    Free Member

USS Sulaco is everything a space ship should be to me, but i feel we are missing mentions (as far as i can see) of a few good ones.

Serenity. Obviously. I seem to recall they built it (the interior) as a single set, to enable them to do consistant shots moving around the ship.
    Surely thats been mentioned above?

Icarus II from sunshine. Great space horror with some really thoughtful design behind it.

Cougar

And a bit of Brian,

Cougar

Serenity. Obviously. I seem to recall they built it (the interior) as a single set, to enable them to do consistant shots moving around the ship.

Yeah. It was either one single run or two halves, I forget exactly now.

It was completely rebuilt for the film, I do know that. The set was destroyed when the show was cancelled.

stumpy01

I always thought that the TIE fighters would have terrible visibility to be much good as a fighter spaceship. Just attack from the side & those side mounted solar panels pretty much guarantee you won’t be spotted 🙂

I was never that much of a Star Trek fan, but quite enjoyed Voyager & the ship in that one.
    I also liked some of the enemy spaceships – the ones that looked like birds of prey – Romulon, perhaps?

Cougar

Well, the ones that looked like birds of prey were Klingon Birds Of Prey.

If we’re talking Star Trek, the Protostar from Star Trek Prodigy is pretty damn cool.

Harry_the_Spider

@Cougar. Made a purchase? 😏

You can blame Jason/Terrahawk by the way for emailing me pictures of his Colonial Viper yesterday which lead me to buying an Eagle last night.

Anyway, it is your fault that I’ve spent a fortune on board games, Rusty Pete’s fault that I’ve spent a fortune on RC cars and tanks and everybody’s fault that I’ve spent a fortune on pushbikes.

The Airfix is my fault.

Cougar

Made a purchase?

No, I got a sudden sharp stabbing pain in the wallet and closed the page in a panic.

Anyway, it is your fault [etc]

What goes around… I suppose. (-:

Playing anything interesting of late? Or is that another thread?

kelvin

the humble Eagle Transporter

As a kid I had a large metal one of these. Still holds up well as a believable human made space vehicle. So probably my favourite as well.

If we’re taking aliens, then the most recent ones to be believably alien for me were from Arrival.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

USS Cygnus – The Black Hole
    USS Cygnus

Valley Forge – Silent Running

Valley Forge

Pretty much anything drawn by Chris Foss too.

Harry_the_Spider

Playing anything interesting of late? Or is that another thread?

Port Royal, Carcassonne and one called Up Words that the missus picked up for a quid in a charity shop.

Burchy1
    Free Member

I spent hours building Lego versions of the starfleet bomber when i was a kid.

Favourite spaceship has to be the Millennium Falcon though, bit mainstream but hey.

finbar
    Free Member

For sheer ridiculousness, the Gloriana-class battleships from the Horus Heresy. 28km long.

[Although I see that is far from the largest in the cool video bigginge posted]

mariner
    Free Member

Heart of Gold from Hitchhikers.
    The one in the book looked so much better than the tv one.

ChrisL

The Sulaco and the Cygnus are both favourites of mine. I was going to post a picture of the Cygnus until I saw that Scienceofficer had beaten me to it – but the one I’d found is higher res, so why not share it anyway!

USS Cygnus

I’m also generally a fan of Star Wars ships, the CR90 Corvette (AKA rebel blockade runner) being one highlight from that franchise, and the refit version of the original USS Enterprise/NCC-1701A:

NCC-1701A

MartynS

Saw title, came to post obscure pic from little remembered Japanese puppet sci fi.. beaten to it by Couger

Also another vote for the eagle transporter, I’m sure I saw a website (via here) where someone had mocked up a whole set of scrapped/abandoned eagles.

stumpy01

Cougar

Well, the ones that looked like birds of prey were Klingon Birds Of Prey.

According to this (dunno how accurate it is)

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Bird-of-Prey

there were Romulan & Klingon birds of prey, but yeah I was referring to the Klingon ones, judging by the pics

This one:

klingon bird of prey

Although this Romulan warbird was also in my head (just didn’t know what it was called) and is pretty cool as well.

Romulan warbird

Harry_the_Spider
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘#TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP’ is closed to new replies.