Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 233 total)
  • #TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP
  • redthunder
    Free Member

A Voyager 1 sketch.

Voyager 1 . Feel Lonely!

redthunder
    Free Member

Early Mamba concept sketch in Camo… before it became Black.

Black Mamba in Camo

ajt123
    Free Member

Perhonen

Perhonen from the Quantum thief series is a pretty cool ship.

Create personality too.

CountZero

Fireball XL5 – I’ve got a really nice diecast model of it, the decent capsule/cabin detatches and is held in place by a magnet. It’s about a foot long.
    Babylon 5 Shadow ships, amazing looking ships. Always wanted a model, but we’re only available as resin garage kits, and I never got around to tracking one down.

As others have said, Culture ships are immensely appealing, but until the book of Banks’ drawings and concepts comes out, difficult to know what they really look like.
    Also difficult to pin down which is a favourite, really, but ‘Grey Area’ might come near the top of the list.
    Also, Blake’s 7 ‘Liberator’.

jamj1974

spent hours building Lego versions of the starfleet bomber when i was a kid.

Me too! I managed to make a blocky-looking Dai X too, but not so it could fit on X-Bomber. Loved the series!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Favourite spaceship? The one I’m sat in right now.

Cougar

Help me out here.

I had a bunch of Airfix and related spaceships as a little kid. Mostly I had no idea what they were. I had an Eagle as per the thrust of this thread; I had an Angel Interceptor (cool AF, never even heard of the show at that point); and thus and so.

And I had this three-part model that I really only very vaguely remember. Big white cruiser, a Thunderbird 2 -a-like belly of the beast cargo thing that came away, and I think the ‘head’ of it was also a separate flying command module affair, kinda A-wing shaped. Probably the same “just slightly before my time” Captain Scarlet / Space 1999 era as above.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Cougar
    bigrich

I liked the earth ones in SG1 cos they looked about as primitive as you’d expect.

Harry_the_Spider

@cougie…

sprootlet
    Free Member

I liked the spaceship in “The Navigator” film…..

rOcKeTdOg

Lucy
    Lucy_ship-650x488

Raza
    DM_S2-GADestroyer900x450

tjmoore

Amazed me just how many Eagles were crashed. Not sure if they just had a massive stock of them or an Eagle factory on the moon that could churn them out quick.

Anyway, the Liberator gets my vote

Blakes 7 Liberator
    https://www.deviantart.com/tenement01/art/Blake-s-7-Space-Fall-800642851

gecko76

Recently the Avalon from Passengers, for the bar apart from anything else.

Cougar

@cougie…

Hell’s teeth!

Nice catch sir. Thank you.

(Gary Anderson?!)

Daffy

maccruiskeen

(Gary Anderson?!)

the Darts player?

redthunder
    Free Member

Watch Captive State last night.

Liked the Alien Rock Ships.

Captive Earth Alien Ship

redthunder
    Free Member

and another…

Captive State concept.

kongman28
    Free Member

I’d have a Navigator too. The moment it spun around to get pointy and fast blew my mind as a kid. The CGI was great for its time too. I’m a man of simple tastes.

Northwind

Ah I remember that Starcruiser 1! We had an old airfix catalogue that was full of mad old stuff like this.

Harry_the_Spider

I remember the spoilt kid in my class aged about 10 throwing a full on wobbler in the supermarket until his parents relented and bought him one. I was disgusted, as was my dad who picked up a 1/72 Airfix B25 Mitchell and said that I could have it for not behaving like that.

I still remember that kit 40+years later. I doubt that spoilt kid remembers the Starcruiser.

Daffy

Warlock Class Destroyer - Babylon 5

Warlock Class Destroyer – Babylon 5. 1.75km of kickass wrapped around 2 planetary defence grade particle cannons! GOD Cannons.

Daffy

I’m also quite partial to a Mercury Class Battlestar:

GrahamA
    Free Member

Would love to see more illustrations of Culture ships. They sound amazing in the books.

I think the problem is they would all look like eliposids, only superlifters and ous seem to have a design

I suspect the banks book will be published about the same time as half life 3 is released

redthunder
    Free Member

captive state 2

redthunder
    Free Member

and another…
    captive state 2

Northwind

Ooh ooh! Homeworld!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/10/d6/aa10d6cbfbe009cff14f76cf1f6dd5e1.jpgMothership

Arguably most of the ships were a bit generic but only because they were so rooted in classic scifi styling, all blocky edges and bright colours

burntembers

Blitzspear

vazaha

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Maybe a nod and a wink to chris foss…

https://images.app.goo.gl/w5jWZfQvnqMXLdM26

redthunder
    Free Member

Flesh Gordon

IGMC

redthunder
    Free Member

ET

redthunder
    Free Member

Battle Beyond the Stars

Very organic 😉

gecko76

Re Banks, honourable shout out goes to the Bliterator from Surface Detail.

slackboy

Re banks, I think it’s a shame that none of the demilterised rapid offensive units were named “a farewell to arms”

IdleJon

Re banks, I think it’s a shame that none of the demilterised rapid offensive units were named “a farewell to arms”

I might be wrong, but I don’t remember any other contemporary references in any of his SF novels? It would have made it a bit meta – is that the correct word? – a bit self-aware.

mashr

Bliterator

That one the one that absolutely annihilates all comers but slows the TV show down so the protagonist can keep up with happen just happened? Also has a questionable avatar at the start messing (massive understatement) with the human before wiping his memory?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘#TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP’ is closed to new replies.