Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 233 total)
  • #TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP
  • teenrat

Its got to be the Borg Cube!

monkeyboyjc

Does it have to be movies…

The cylinder from Rendezvous with Rama is prob one my fav fictional space craft….

terrahawk
    Free Member

one more vote for the truly brilliant Rocinante

Riksbar

For pure capability and personality it has to be IMB’s culture ships, but the Babylon 5 Star Fury is up there for screen spaceships as the only space fighter I’ve ever seen that didn’t fly like an aerodyne but instead on a firing pass would just spin around to keep weapons bearing on its target as it was in a vacuum. And Ivanova flew one!

didnthurt

Would love to see more illustrations of Culture ships. They sound amazing in the books.

Klunk
    Free Member

this is quite amusing….

terrahawk
    Free Member

the USS Sulaco blew me away the first time I saw it. Much like the Star Destroyer did a few years before it.

Klunk
    Free Member

best interior by far

terrahawk
    Free Member

lister

Premier Icon
    didnthurt

Would love to see more illustrations of Culture ships. They sound amazing in the books.

Posted 26 minutes ago

This is coming soon hopefully!

An update regarding THE CULTURE: NOTES AND DRAWINGS by Iain M. Banks and Ken MacLeod

Riksbar

I thought from the outside you’d just see an elliptical field enclosure, and with human senses not even that if they didn’t want to be seen.

kelvin

Eagle Boneyard

Wow. That gave me a really weird feeling. Very unreal.

kelvin

O M G !!!

Eagle has, er, landed

That site claims they actually flew, and one guy still has one that can be flown. I mean, really? What the…?!? Ha, ha…

kelvin

Ah.. phew… all fake… love it though!

Northwind

That is an awesome site, soooo many cool models.

I have an old Dinky Eagle, never really watched the series but the ship was so damn cool, from the bulbous realistic-looking rockets on the back to the big bulgy nose. Just discovered you can buy repro parts for that model so I could replace the broken bits, ooooh

Klingon Birds of Prey are awesome. Culture ships might be interesting inside but all you get to see is the fields so they look like bars of soap IIRC- except for ones that look like dildos of course just for a good one-liner.

Burchy1
    Free Member

I spent hours building Lego versions of the starfleet bomber when i was a kid.

Me too! Which makes no sense because they were super awkward shapes but still

kelvin

Mine must have been a Dinky as well, was very heavy for its size. A proper toy.

Harry_the_Spider

Just had an email saying that my Eagle arrives tomorrow. Will post some pictures.

mashr

That site claims they actually flew, and one guy still has one that can be flown. I mean, really? What the…?!?

I feel you might be buying into a geek fantasy a bit too much

Burchy1
    Free Member

Burchy1
    Free Member

I spent hours building Lego versions of the starfleet bomber when i was a kid.

Me too! Which makes no sense because they were super awkward shapes but still

With today’s bricks i reckon you could make a much better go of it. My sticklebrick BSG viper squadron was probably more realistic!

johndoh
    Free Member

I used to love the Space 1999 Eagle too (and had the Dinky toy naturally). I fondly recall many ‘landings’ of it and watching the feet compress as they had little springs on them for damping.

nedrapier

if we’re playing obscure spaceships…

mudfish
    monkeyboyjc

if we’re playing obscure spaceships…

Just makes me think    🤢🍜

docgeoffyjones
    mickyfinn
    Free Member

When I was a young un it was anything in the many wonderful books of artwork featuring Peter Elson.
    The outposter

I loved the Terran Trade Authority books.

Great Space Battles

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Some corkers here. Star Wars craft will always have a special place in my heart for me, but also Star Fleet X-Bomber…but I don’t think anyone has mentioned the Buck Rogers ship which I had a toy of as a kid and was one of my favourites as well as the Hawks ship from Buck Rogers shaped like a hawk and used to capture other craft in its talons.

funkmasterp

The USG Ishimura from Dead Space is cool looking. Quite gothic and spooky and fits the tone of the game well. Inside could do with a bit of a clean though

singletrackmind

Thunderbird 3, FAB
    Come in Alan, Brains has some ideas on switching off the moons gravity….

gauss1777
    Free Member

The Moon

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Cobra Mk3 (with galactic hyperdrive, docking computer and military laser)

Also X-Bomber – Star Fleet was awesome.

retrorick

Moya from Farscape was a novel concept.

Moya was great. Her offspring Talyn captain’d by Crais? was an entertaining ship also.

Vorlon, Shadow and the whitestar ships from Babylon 5 are good.

I liked growth of the mecha ‘ship’ in Gurren Lagann. Funny stuff.

jonm81

My favourite has to be Serenity from Firefly.

doomanic

Serenity for me too, with the Andromeda a close second, although i’m not sure why…

AdamT

Wait. Is there nothing from Elite in this thread? I always liked a nice Asp

slowoldman

HMS Camden Lock

Had the best navigation system of any – providing you kept chocolate away from it.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Wait. Is there nothing from Elite in this thread? I always liked a nice Asp

Cobra Mk3 (with galactic hyperdrive, docking computer and military laser)

scuttler

@Straightliner I’ll give you a nod for

Phoenix from Battle of the Planets.

Detaching things, loads of weapons and a get of our jail free button on the main console.

northernmatt

@nedrapier Bad Taste?

I don’t think any have been mentioned but some of the ships from the Halo series are pretty cool. High Charity could hardly be called a starship due to size though, more like a space station. Can’t forget The Pillar of Autumn either which is fugly but in a good way.

slackboy

Buck Rogers ship

Is a too close to a starwars snowspeeder, I suspect most of us remember it more for the pilot

ajt123
    Free Member

I always loved the Babylon 5 Earth Alliance ships. So boxy and edgy.

Earth Alliance ship

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘#TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP’ is closed to new replies.