Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 233 total)
  • #TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Just look at this beauty!

Omega class destroyer

ajt123
    Free Member

Coolest ship would probably be the Nostalgia for Infinity, but the fan art never seems to match the awesomeness of the books.

It’s very hard to look past the Imperium of Man’s pimping star cathedrals…

Catholic space nazis

dazh

Not a single vote for the Star Trek Dyson Sphere. You lot need to think bigger.

turneround

Its threads like these that make me love STW all the more….

Blake 7 liberator anyone

retrorick

Just look at this beauty!

Good for ramming speed those earth alliance ships 😃

Olly
    Free Member

some of the ships from the Halo series are pretty cool. High Charity could hardly be called a starship due to size though, more like a space station. Can’t forget The Pillar of Autumn either which is fugly but in a good way.

Problem I have with halo is the copy paste from Aliens. The Marines, the Pelican and Pillar of Autumn pinched wholesale. Even grumpy black commanding officer got pinched. Bit too much to count as a nod or reference.

redthunder
    Free Member

My Black Mamba space fighter for a game. On the mighty Atari XL.

Space Fortress Omega - Black Mamba

black mamba

Black Mamba

Mikkel
    Free Member

11 year old me would say X-wing but current me think Tie bombers are way cooler looking.

p7eaven
    Free Member

11 year old me would say X-wing but current me think Tie bombers are Moebius’ floating vessel is way cooler looking.

(fixed for me)

‘Starwatchers and The Floating Vessel’ – Moebius

martinhutch

Most of my favourites already done – BSG, Liberator etc

A mention for UNSC Pillar of Autumn, although its only role is either crashing or being a giant bomb.

Nick

Top 5 (ish), tell me I am wrong

0. Saturn 5 (real life)
    1. Liberator (Blakes 7)
    2. Millenium Falcon (Star Wars)
    3. Cheyenne Drop Ship (Aliens)
    4. X-Wing (Star Wars)
    5. Viper (Battlestar Galactica)

Sonor
    Free Member

Scorpio

Narn Cruiser

Sonor
    Free Member

Vipers

maccruiskeen

my favourite Sc-Fi ship has to be the humble Eagle Transporter.

The Eagle is a double whammy really  – its just the best anyway – designed to look like it does what its supposed to do rather than a Henry Moore sculpture in space.

But its also resonsible for the other really good space ship.

When Han Solo’s ‘Blocade runner’ was being designed for the first Starwars movie Space 1999 started airing and it became apparent that their design was just too similar to the Eagles

So they had to go back to the drawing board – new design and a new name. One iteration on from a 1999 Eagle is a 2000 Falcon

petefromearth

If I could have my own spaceship for personal use, popping to the shops and whatnot, it would be the shiny thing from Flight of the Navigator, complete with floating steps

aide

Either has to be an x-wing or slave 1 for me (star wars fan boi)

bobdobalina
    Free Member

Tintins rocket from Destination Moon-simple but elegant.

MrPottatoHead

Perhaps not an all time favourite but mention needed for the Normandy. Spent a lot of hours on this franchise. Between this and the SR2 I think the original wins.

Normandy

kiwijohn

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

tjagain

It has to be one of the Iain M Banks Spaceships. Minds of their own, capricious, ridiculously capable.

retro83
    Free Member

This might be of interest, it shows the relative sizes of various ships. JMC Red Dwarf is on the lower left, star trek stuff is upper right side.

Right click -> open in a new window to zoom.

chaos

Tardis

Nice and compact if you want to pop home occasionally.

retrorick

The spaceship poster is great. 👍

spacemonkey

For a bit of ‘me time’, I’d have to pick the X-Wing. For hanging out with mates it would be the Millenium Falcon, even more so if Chewie was part of the crew. Sure, there are loads of others to choose from, but I’ll always have a bias for the original Star Wars ships.

WildHunter2009

Significant soft spot for the Star Wars ship designs, TIE Interceptors for just being fast, fragile and a bit nuts. B Wings for being just a cool design and obviously the classic Star Destroyer for sheer screen presence.

Klingon Birds of Prey are also just cool looking ships as well.

Harry_the_Spider

Good call on the TTA books (a few posts back).

I have Starliners and Great Space Battles. The artwork is fantastic, with Peter Elson being my favourite as a kid.

Gallery

Having read some Culture novels I imagine the ships as if he had drawn them.

fazzini

Can’t do pictures as I’m not clever enough but the alien spaceship from Life of Brian…although really, even though someone already bagged Battle Beyond the Stars, it was always the little super-fast ship from that film I preferred!

IdleJon

Has anybody mentioned The Heart of Gold? 150 meters long, and shaped like a sleek running shoe. It was perfectly white and mindbogglingly beautiful. From the book, not the film.

scuttler

Yeah I always liked the B-Wing for being a bit left-field (or right-field depending on which way round it’s flying).

molgrips
    Free Member

My other favourite – the Fer de Lance

Harry_the_Spider

Damn this thread! Just bought a TTA book.

Northwind

Did anyone else have the classic space Top Trumps as a kid? Awesome mix of still shots from films and hand-drawn scifi madness.

fazzini

Fhloston Paradise??

Harry_the_Spider

Did anyone else have the classic space Top Trumps as a kid? Awesome mix of still shots from films and hand-drawn scifi madness.

Yeah, it said an Eagle was faster than light and a Cylon Raider was about a quarter of a mile across! The 10 year old me couldn’t deal with such bollocks.

gordimhor

Ah well it’s “Fate Amenable to Change” for me.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

Damn this thread! Just bought a TTA book.

Sorry (NOT 😉)

redthunder
    Free Member

Millennium Falcon

and real…

Voyager 1

maccruiskeen

and real…

Voyager 1

No fictional space ship has anything as cool as The Golden Record on board

Cletus

I always liked the very functional Y-Wing even though it seemed to be the Fairey Battle of the Star Wars universe

jamj1974

Several for me – as there seem to be for quite a few others!
    – USS Defiant NX-74205
    – Millennium Falcon
    – USS Enterprise NCC-1701
    – Incom T-65B X-Wing

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘#TOTW FAVOURITE SPACESHIP’ is closed to new replies.