Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • Twodogs

Oh just get a room, you two

the-muffin-man
    nickc

If you get deemed 51% at fault, then the highest place you should be able to finish is no higher than the finishing position of the one that is less at fault (even after serving that penalty and making a comeback)

This makes no sense at all. So essentially after just one incident on any lap with another driver, you shouldn’t be able to race that driver after that? Daft position, surely?

bruneep

Ralf Schumacher offers wild theory on why Mercedes resigned Hamilton 😁

https://f1i.com/news/413102-schumacher-offers-wild-theory-on-why-mercedes-resigned-hamilton.html?

pondo

Hmm, it’s not as wild a theory as I was hoping…

andrewh
    Free Member

Anyone got £10,000 knocking around they could lend us!…

It’s OK, they let you pay in four installments

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ralf Schumacher offers wild theory on why Mercedes resigned Hamilton

I think that I called that one a few pages back.

I reckon that Mick goes out of his way to avoid his uncle Ralf at parties.

thepurist

Ralf, Nico, Jacques, Pablo – shame their driving skills didn’t match their new found self promotion skills. I’d stick em on a slow boat to nowhere with Eddie Jordan, and maybe Horner as a bonus.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The always entertaining Jacques Villeneuve is our usual go-to source for silly comments, although to be fair to the 1997 F1 world champion, his judgments are often rooted in an ounce of common sense.

But Ralf Schumacher is close to overhauling the Canadian as F1’s top banana when it comes to loony opinions or world theories.

I think they’ve got the measure of him.

slowoldman

Ralf Schumacher offers wild theory on why Mercedes resigned Hamilton

My initial thought on seeing this was what? Then I realised, “re-signed”.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Looks like Windbag Horner is doubling down on the aftermath of the crash saying it’s costing them millions to replace what was destroyed.

If he’s looking for sympathy he won’t get any from me.

What a douchebag.

masterdabber
    Free Member

Looks like Windbag Horner is doubling down on the aftermath of the crash saying it’s costing them millions to replace what was destroyed.

If he’s looking for sympathy he won’t get any from me.

What a douchebag.

He should take it out of Verstappen’s wages.

Bez

Horner’s column continues the dual themes of untruths…

Hamilton braked late and overshot the corner.

…and self-contradiction:

[Max] is determined to put this incident behind him and use it as added motivation for the rest of the season, as are we.

[We] have the right to request a review. We are therefore still looking at the evidence and considering all of our sporting options.

Have to say I’ve lost all respect for Red Bull in the past week. Good job Adrian Newey hasn’t seemed to have joined the chorus, I’d be disappointed to lose respect for him as well.

thols2

Have to say I’ve lost all respect for Red Bull in the past week.

Yep. They seem to have lost their minds over this. A bit of moaning about a ref’s decision is normal, this is just pathetic.

LAT

i’d not realized that the repair bill will come out of the happed budget. $1.8 million. perhaps this is explains the constant complaining?

though, it would’ve great if the outlets would stop giving this coverage. it’s dull. i appreciate the irony of that statement

the-muffin-man

Surprise, surprise – it costs a lot of money to repair a trashed racing car. They’re acting like they’re new boys to F1.

They really are knobbers of the highest order.

endomick
    Free Member

Suprised Horner doesn’t march over to Toto with a hand written bill, he’s that much of stroppy whinging knob. Mind you, If I had to go home to an annoying ginger spice I don’t think I’d have a sunny disposition either.

LAT

Suprised Horner doesn’t march over to Toto with a hand written bill, he’s that much of stroppy whinging knob.

If he does, i hope it’s during a televised interview.

by “happed budget” in my last post i meant “capped budget”

andrewh
    Free Member

Levels it out a bit, or is that car more wrecked than Bottas’s one from Monza?

jimster01

He should take it out of Verstappen’s wages.

Verstappen may think twice before throwing the car into a tight spot.

thols2

is that car more wrecked than Bottas’s one from Monza?

I think Bottas’ tub and engine were ok, weren’t they? Apparently, Verstappen’s tub is a write off and they don’t know how much of the power unit can be salvaged. I suspect engine penalties will be their biggest concern.

joefm

Bottas chassis was a write off. Hence he got a new one that LH borrowed… Not usually an issue but they have a cost cap this year.

b230ftw
    Free Member

It’s actually quite interesting to see the change in social media comments since the race. At the start everyone seemed to be against LH – no doubt stirred up by C4 commentary and Windbag Horners bleating. Mercedes stayed relatively silent compared to the RB massive.
    Then the racist stuff against LH started and RB said it was unacceptable but I think a lot of people put 2 and 2 together and saw they weren’t helping.
    After that Windbag/RB could have kept quiet and it would probably have still looked good for them but they doubled down on the complaints with legal action/cost of repairs etc etc and the tide turned. They went past the usual F1 complaints and defence and fans knew it.
    Now RB are experiencing a bit of backlash with a lot more people telling them to shut up about it.
    LH has kept quiet and I reckon it’ll help him no end. He is always asking about the limits he can work up to and they seem to have changed a bit again to being more strict. He’s seen this time and time again and it will fuel him (and Mercedes). He wiser and cleverer (and more skilled IMHO and has been from his first race) than MV.
    MV I reckon will probably be pushed back into being an angry spoilt driver again which will do him no good. It’s almost as if RB are being like a parent who buys their kids present even when they behave badly and it makes things worse. Merc (Toto) seem to want to work with drivers to bring the best out in the them but I reckon wouldn’t be afraid to lay the law down for the team.

I’m almost prepared to bet that LH wins his eight title this year and MV gets banned for a race for some sort of crash he causes or assault off track on someone else.

retro83
    Free Member
    dannybgoode

Isn’t there a song from the film Frozen for all of this?! I suspect they have somewhere around zero chance of succeeding and are merely trying to unsettle Merc before this weekend…

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12365547/red-bull-launch-challenge-against-lewis-hamiltons-penalty-in-max-verstappen-british-gp-crash

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Karen Horner.

I’ve warmed to Max this year, but my hatred for Red Bull grows daily.

swavis

Has anyone shown CH the footage of Max taking Stroll out yet? What a sad man! Still, next years Drive to survive should be a good watch 😀

dannybgoode

Reading here it looks like they actually lodged the appeal on 23 July and have just been pissing about in public pretending they don’t know whether they are going to do it or not. Doesn’t make me like them any more to be fair 😀

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.red-bull-lodge-request-for-fia-to-review-hamilton-penalty-following.1BND9fIw9rWN5GynnHVVo4.html

dakuan
    Free Member

is it possible for it go ‘against’ them and LH have his penalty removed or something?

mashr

Have his penalty removed so he wins the race by a bigger margin? Would be kinda funny I suppose

pondo

Penalties have been changed in the past on appeal – IIRC Irvine protested a 1 race ban for causing an accident in Brazil and on review they increased it to a 3 race ban. 🙂

the-muffin-man

You can’t remove a penalty that’s already been served.

richmtb

I’ve warmed to Max this year, but my hatred for Red Bull grows daily.

Yeah this.

I was even willing to give Horner’s hyperbole on race day the benefit of the doubt, but to carry on in the same vein nearly 2 weeks after the incident. I hope Hamilton stuffs Verstappen at Hungary

dannybgoode

I hope Hamilton stuffs Verstappen at Hungary

I hope Max completely loses his shit and subsequently blows a winning position and takes himself out of the race by being an idiot without any third party involvement at all 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Penalties have been changed in the past on appeal – IIRC Irvine protested a 1 race ban for causing an accident in Brazil and on review they increased it to a 3 race ban.

One ban for the accident, two for being Eddie Irvine?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I hope Max completely loses his shit and subsequently blows a winning position and takes himself out of the race by being an idiot without any third party involvement at all throwing a wheel up the inside of Mazepin on the most Copse-like corner at the Hungaroring and Mazepin turning in on him and Max getting a 10 second penalty that costs him a podium.

Purely to see what Histrionics Corner has to say about the matter.

dannybgoode

@thegreatape – you’ve taken a fine idea and made it betterer 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

b230ftw
    Free Member

Karen Horner.

Can we all appreciate this new nickname a bit more please? 😂😂

Bez

Well, “[Max] is determined to put this incident behind him, as are we,” as Horner said the day they filed their official whinge. What a bell end.

Can’t see that they have a leg to stand on, anyway: chances of any new and significant evidence seem roughly nil. Toto should just turn up and play a video of Horner’s interview at Portimao last year and then walk out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.