Viewing 18 posts - 5,321 through 5,338 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • Superficial
    Free Member

Anyone can see that it’s entirely unambiguous. And if you disagree with that then you’ve contradicted your own argument.

Anyone. Any… one. So you mean some, but not all people?

Bez

Well, it’s up to you to interpret it; the point is merely that anyone who sides with Red Bull’s interpretation of “any” isn’t free to disagree with it 🙂

Anyway… looks like Aston Martin haven’t retained any of their staff this year:
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.aston-martin-announce-departure-of-team-principal-otmar-szafnauer.7orq4yhy6bKbh4hEgAb36v.html

😉

shermer75
    Free Member

If they wanted the race to end without a safety car then they could have pulled the safety car in with all the lapped cars still in place. But, that way Verstappen wouldn’t have won, so clearly no point in doing that

andrewh
    Free Member

But, that way Verstappen wouldn’t have won, so clearly no point in doing that

Depends what you think the objective was.
    I still think they were trying to engineer an exciting close final lap battle and add drama right at the end, rather than contrive a win for MV, that just happened as a result of what they were trying to do.
    I still don’t think what happened was right, but I’m of the opinion that it was done for the show, rather than for MV per se.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I still don’t think what happened was right, but I’m of the opinion that it was done for the show, rather than for MV per se.

I really want to believe that but I’m struggling. It was very very obvious Lewis would have been a sitting duck with Max on new tyres – there was only ever going to be one outcome from the decisions they made and if they didn’t see it coming they really shouldn’t be in charge just as much as if they had engineered it for Max to win on purpose.

I’ve been watching F1 for 40 years and I’m struggling with wanting to watch it ever again because of what happened. It despicable. The only reason I have now to watch it is to hopefully see MV being royally thrashed by Lewis preferably, but George Russell can do it as well. I just really want Lewis to get his 8 titles.

shermer75
    Free Member

The rules weren’t so much as bent as thrown entirely in the bin to engineer a situation where only Max could reasonably win, it’s pretty clear what they were up to tbh

Daffy

Masi isn’t a media genius, he wouldn’t have been thinking about the news, the media, a new champion, more fans, etc, etc, he probably was just thinking about what RB said to him, “one lap of racing” …he’s a racer, that would’ve almost certainly gotten through and that’s what he did. Not to gift MV the championship, but to give MORE racing and let the title be decided on the track. The trouble is, it needed more thought, he needed to consider the time required to do it properly, the effect his delay had caused to Mercedes in that they now couldn’t pit, etc, but he didn’t do any of that, it was too late…he made his decision for “one racing lap”. And Redbull got everything they wanted. A very easy win at a race where even 3 laps from the end, it looked like they’d lost the championship.

I don’t think it was planned, it was just a massive, heartfelt reaction to the situation in which he (Masi) then did everything to get “one racing lap”. Redbull won because of that extremely well phrased and delivered message.

the-muffin-man

We should probably close this thread!! Time to move on! 🤣🤣🏎💨💨

markgraylish
    Free Member

Re: this any/all/some ambiguity….

The FIA is a French organization. Does anyone know whether the regs are drafted in French? And if so, is the ambiguity still there in its original language?

Or are we getting our knickers in a twist over a poor translation?

Bez

We should probably close this thread!! Time to move on!

We should at least have a sin bin for anyone who brings it up again once the 2022 thread starts 😀

Or are we getting our knickers in a twist over a poor translation?

I believe translations are available but the English version is explicitly deemed to be the definitive one.

shermer75
    Free Member

We should probably close this thread!! Time to move on! 🤣🤣🏎💨💨

If we closed this thread I’m pretty sure the bitterness will spill over to the 2022 one, so maybe better if it’s contained in here lol

b230ftw
    Free Member

Genius!

swavis

Brilliant 🤣

thols2

My God, people are still arguing about Abu Dhabi.

Bez

Mehhhhhhhh

I’ve started on the cheese and biscuits

thepurist

I wondered if Masi had a sideline managing immigration rules for the Australian open…

the-muffin-man

Hobnobs for me! 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 5,321 through 5,338 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.