Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • dannybgoode

Toto should just turn up and play a video of Horner’s interview at Portimao last year and then walk out.

That would be ace wouldn’t it. Toto strolling in – shorts, t-shirt and flip flops (just to reinforce the fact HDGAF) – playing that clip and mooching back out again. And then perhaps Lewis could speak and say…

‘I have nothing more to say on the matter… except Max is a pussy…’

MSP

Can red bull be penalised for wasting everyone’s time and misusing the official procedures when they turn up without any new evidence?

Part of me wonders if they are just doing this to try and unsettle Mercedes, but it appears to be backfiring as they are the ones looking most unsettled by the abject failure of their mind games.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Horner is probably still sore because as team principal he was almost culpable for the corporate manslaughter of Verstappen after approving the underhand breaking of tyre pressure limits that caused that blowout a few races ago. He knows that this “desperate” (to quote a certain F1 team boss) measure cost Verstappen 25 points and is now trying anything to get them back. The only reason he’s not letting go of the Silverstone incident is to keep it in the news and distract everyone from him nearly seriously injuring his own driver with excessively deflated tyres.

What’s good for the goose……. 😀

Bez

Verstappen isn’t getting dragged into the mud-slinging; good on him.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.verstappen-reveals-he-did-24hr-sim-race-to-make-sure-bruised-body-is-ready.5zgs9bxbNHvFSuE7N2Exbx.html

Makes me wonder how much of his “disrespectful” comment was actually his dad, who was evidently with him at the time. Was amused to see his response to Steve Jones’ question about where his patience came from: “my mum I think… definitely not my dad!”

He seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two.

inkster
    Free Member

“Karen Horner – Can we all appreciate this new nickname a bit more please? 😂😂”

Whinger Spice?

I’ll get me coat…

jodafett

Whinger Spice?

I’ll get me coat…

With gags like that you’re welcome to stay 😂

theotherjonv

I though Histrionics Corner was excellent.

andrewh
    Free Member

How many can you get
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/usertimely76/formula-1-gp-drivers-2001-2021

63 for me

Good quiz, but I’m afraid I gave up after realising I can’t spell Raikenen.
    Or Hakkinen.
    And I’m not sure about Vlleneurve, Fisichella, Barrachello, Kobayashi, Kovaleinen, Karthayan…
    I’ll have timed out way before I’d finishe dif I had to check all the spellings

retro83
    Free Member

andrewh

Good quiz, but I’m afraid I gave up after realising I can’t spell Raikenen.
    Or Hakkinen.
    And I’m not sure about Vlleneurve, Fisichella, Barrachello, Kobayashi, Kovaleinen, Karthayan…
    I’ll have timed out way before I’d finishe dif I had to check all the spellings

Haha yeah it’s a bit strict on that! I did have to google the spelling on a few.

greeny30
    Free Member

Can’t wait for the outcome on Thursday,
    Redbull gives you whinge.

boblo
    Free Member

Redbull gives you whinge

We have got to keep posting that on their Twatter feed… 😝

mashr

Still can’t imagine what they have that could possibly make a difference, suppose we’ll know soon enough.

Interesting that Honda are keeping the Silverstone engine in for FP1 at least

Bez

Interesting that Honda are keeping the Silverstone engine in for FP1 at least

I’m guessing that if the PU is viable then the Load of Bull claim of $1.8m costs is undermined somewhat. Though no doubt they’ll have a hefty bill to replace all the piss and vinegar they’ve expended on this. (That said, I guess they have a handy in-house supply of the former.)

mashr

I’m guessing that if the PU is viable then the Load of Bull claim of $1.8m costs is undermined somewhat.

Maybe, but they’d swap out the ICE at some point anyway. This is more about protecting themselves from grid penalties as they’ll be on their third/last engine if it has to be swapped

retro83
    Free Member

greeny30

Redbull gives you whinge.

😂

Bez

Maybe, but they’d swap out the ICE at some point anyway. This is more about protecting themselves from grid penalties as they’ll be on their third/last engine if it has to be swapped

Oh, for sure. I think the whole point of them telling everyone that figure was just to try and shore up their complaining, because they don’t have a legitimate complaint so they have to rely on emotive stuff.

But despite what Horner and Marko might like to think when their wünderkind is on the receiving end for once, just as the regulations don’t say “except on fast corners like Copse”, they also don’t say “unless the other car is really badly damaged” 🙂

thols2

claim of $1.8m costs is undermined somewhat.

I’m genuinely curious about how they arrived at that figure. One way to do it would be to add up the marginal cost of manufacturing every damaged component, without any R&D costs needed. However, many of those components will have a specified life after which they would be set aside for use as spares, but not used unless they ran out of parts at the end of the season. The broken parts that were near their normal life should be costed at a fraction of new parts – an engine that’s done three race weekends isn’t worth as much as a brand new one, for example. However, as far as I know, all parts except the power-units can be swapped freely between the two cars, so Red Bull can probably adjust the parts allocation between the two cars to minimize the new parts that they need to manufacture (basically, Perez will get older parts for the final races so Max can stay on fresher parts.) On top of that, some of the aero parts would have been specific to that circuit, so they would not have been used again anyway. Just saying that it would cost $1.8 million to replace everything is a bit simplistic.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m genuinely curious about how they arrived at that figure

I’d imagine the bulk of it comes from what they’ve spent on tissues since the last race.

grahamt1980

I know horner is a w####r, but you would assume he doesn’t have time for that currently

boblo
    Free Member

I’d imagine getting to the $1.8m number was an exercise in largely making it up as is usual in these sorts of circumstances. ‘The numbers don’t lie’ = bolleux…

MSP

$1.8m is the price when sold on the streets when everyone in the chain has taken their cut, and it has been diluted 16 times with baking powder, at least 10 times what you would pay for it from your friendly colombian importer.

Bez

Given that it’s Red Bull I’d imagine it’s a case of making it for tuppence ha’penny and then trying to persuade everyone it’s worth £1.50 😉

igm

Didn’t RB reckon they had telemetry or video or something that showed that given the speed and position Hamilton entered the corner he could not have successfully made the corner if Max hadn’t provided an additional braking medium? They were certainly suggesting that at no other point during the weekend did Hamilton enter that corner that fast (possibly from that position – but they why would he?).

Whether it’s true…

yetidave
    Free Member

Is copse not flat out (on the correct line) in an F1 car? So won’t be able to go much faster than flat out…

mashr

yetidave
    Free Member

Is copse not flat out (on the correct line) in an F1 car?

The bracketed part would be key to the (flimsy) arguement

the-muffin-man

if Max hadn’t provided an additional braking medium?

That gentle tap on his right rear wheel! 🙂

b230ftw
    Free Member

Didn’t RB reckon they had telemetry or video or something that showed that given the speed and position Hamilton entered the corner he could not have successfully made the corner if Max hadn’t provided an additional braking medium?

That’s a valid point but I would say that the stewards already concluded that anyway, hence them giving LH the penalty. They clearly thought the balance was that LHs move was a bit hopeful but nothing worse than that and gave him the penalty based on it.
    Unfortunate RB seem to have forgotten the rule that the punishment is for the crime not for the knock on effects. Yes their knock on effects were an expensive crash that put their driver out of the race but these sorts of manourvers happen all the time and are a bit “he said she said” so the punishments aren’t ever that serious.
    If 2 drivers make the same mistake they are punished the same.

IMHO he would have made the corner albeit on a very wide line but we will never know that for sure.

b230ftw
    Free Member

That gentle tap on his right rear wheel!

Exactly! It can’t have made much difference to the line really. I don’t think any F1 driver, no matter how bad, would think that a demolition derby move like that would help them get round the corner.

mashr

I don’t think any F1 driver, no matter how bad, would think that a demolition derby move like that would help them get round the corner.

That’s not what they are saying. They are trying to prove that Hamilton was effectively out of control and would’ve gone off the track had Verstappen managed to make his car jump 6ft in the air to get out of the way.

See above “flimsy” comment though

grahamt1980

I know it is unsporting but could toto not deploy bottas to give verstappen a nudge occasionally to wind up rb some more

thepurist

They are trying to prove that Hamilton was effectively out of control and would’ve gone off the track had Verstappen managed to make his car jump 6ft in the air to get out of the way.

And he would have been the first driver in history to overcook a passing attempt, run wide, fail to gain the place and try again? It’s hardly crime of the century and I’d question whether it’s being “out of control”, the drivers know exactly what run off is available at every corner so know how much wiggle room they have if they do get it wrong.

chrismac

I know it is unsporting but could toto not deploy bottas to give verstappen a nudge occasionally to wind up rb some more

or get vettel todo it when he is being lapped

FB-ATB

deploy bottas to give verstappen a nudge

He’d have to be close to do that (unless being lapped)!

mashr

And he would have been the first driver in history to overcook a passing attempt, run wide, fail to gain the place and try again? It’s hardly crime of the century and I’d question whether it’s being “out of control”, the drivers know exactly what run off is available at every corner so know how much wiggle room they have if they do get it wrong.

Yup, flimsy

Bez

Given that Hamilton had to apply corrections through the wheel when they collided, meaning he’d lost grip as a result of the contact, yet he still made it round the corner without leaving the track, I’d say “flimsy” is an understatement, but we shall see. It’s a pretty safe bet there wouldn’t have been a car’s width to his outside on exit, but then both the FIA and Christian Horner have said that the car on the outside should yield, so…

dakuan
    Free Member

to be fair to TJ, he was saying Hammy wouldnt have made the corner 😀

inkster
    Free Member

“I know it is unsporting but could toto not deploy bottas to give verstappen a nudge occasionally to wind up rb some more”

I like your thinking, I think Max Verstappen is going to find it a little bit harder to work himself through the field after pit stops.

Hamilton has done the rest of the field a favour, I think they see it as Hammy putting some manners on the lad and they’ll exploit the fact that MV will be under scrutiny at every overtake.

If it were the TDF we’d be calling Hamilton ‘the patron’.

jamesoz

I believe the appeal has been thrown out.

thepurist

I believe the appeal has been thrown out.

I hope the FIA outcome includes a requirement for all the other team bosses to point and laugh whenever they see Horner or Marko.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d like to see the penalty overturned and LH given a ten second head start at the next race.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.